ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball 2025 four-star PF target Trent Sisley recaps Notre Dame visit

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame men's basketball hosted 2025 power forward Trent Sisley on an unofficial visit last Thursday. It was Sisley and his family's first time visiting Notre Dame.

The 6-foot-7, 200-pound power forward attends Santa Claus (Ind.) Heritage Hills and is arguably the top in-state prospect head coach Micah Shrewsberry and staff have prioritized since offering him in April. He averaged 26.3 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game and was selected to the IBCA Underclass All-State Supreme 15 team in March.

Rivals rates Sisley as a four-star prospect. He is ranked as the No. 37 overall player in the 2025 recruiting class.

I spoke with Sisley to get his thoughts after visiting. Sisley sat down with Shrewsberry for the first time, toured, the basketball facilities, saw the entire campus and met with an academic advisor.

"I think it went well," Sisley told Inside ND Sports. "He kind of showed and explained his system and how I would fit in. The staff definitely made it known all day how much they wanted me. Conversations with the staff were good. I think my versatility could definitely fit into their system. I can stretch the floor and I can run in transition so I think I could definitely fit their plans."

Sisley mentioned how all the assistant coaches including associate head coach Kyle Getter made him feel welcomed during the entire day. He knew about Notre Dame's academic opportunities but was very impressed after speaking with the academic advisor.

Sisley holds 10 offers including Notre Dame, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Purdue, UCF, West Virginia and Wisconsin. He visited Northwestern last Wednesday.

I believe Notre Dame is in a good position moving forward, especially with the way Shrewsberry utilizes his forwards, but don't expect a decision soon. Sisley is letting the process play out naturally.

"For my recruitment, I just want to go somewhere where I fit," Sisley said. "I want to be able to contribute and play. Notre Dame has definitely made a good impression and shown lots of interest in me so far. As for the rest of my recruitment, I am just going to let it play out."

The Irish target told me has no plans to take any other visits this summer and is preparing for school tournaments in June and the upcoming Nike Elite 100 Camp.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News