ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting 2025 four-star DT target Zion Williams on Notre Dame offer, recruiting rise

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I caught up with 2025 defensive tackle target Zion Williams Friday evening. He reported an offer from Notre Dame earlier today.

He attends Lufkin (Tex.) High and is rated as a four-star prospect by Rivals. He is ranked as the No. 8 player in Texas for the 2025 recruiting class.

Williams received his offer during a phone call with running backs coach Deland McCullough.

"I know it's one of the best schools in the nation," Williams told Inside ND Sports. "I knew that way beforehand. I think the fact that they are all the way in Indiana and offered me from Texas really kind of solidified in my mind that I got to keep working because they gave me a shot. I'm getting used to this feeling but I'm always going to be excited when an offer happens."

The 6-foot-4, 295-pound defender didn't play varsity until his sophomore season. He also participates in shotput and powerlifting.

"In this level, I'm like twice the size and weight of most dudes I go up against," Williams said. "Shotput and powerlifting really help with my explosiveness. I think most people aren't prepared for that. I don't want anybody to be better than me in Texas at this point."

Williams holds seven offers from Notre Dame, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and UTSA. He said he's planning to major in engineering or business management.

Williams said he hasn't been to a college football game and would love to visit Notre Dame in the fall. He also highlighted an important factor in his recruitment process.

"Talking to me on a consistent level is a big thing for me," Williams said. "Communication is a really big thing for me. I feel like if you really were to want me, just talk to me. I'm a very talkative person. I love to talk to people. Texas, yes, it's an amazing place but I eventually want to get out of Texas. I don't know if I want to stay in Texas for college."

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News