ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting 2024 LB target Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa recaps Notre Dame official visit

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I talked with Notre Dame 2024 linebacker target Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa late Tuesday night.

The Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco product jumped 25 spots in the latest Rivals 2024 player rankings and is ranked as the No. 35 overall player in the 2024 recruiting class.

After his official visit, the four-star linebacker highlighted his biggest takeaways from the trip.

Viliamu-Asa said head coach Marcus Freeman’s final message centered around how much he wanted him but also that he’ll support him wherever his decision is.

“The time spent with Coach Freeman was imperative in getting a feel for how he his and who he is,” Viliamu-Asa told Inside ND Sports. “It was very beneficial and spoke volume for the head coach to make effort to spend time with us.”

The Irish see Viliamu-Asa as a centerpiece to their defense and have told him they’d use him in the box, coming off the edge and in pass coverage.

Viliamu-Asa and his family are looking closely at education. He told me Notre Dame’s laid out an impressive plan for him and he’s comfortable with making the move from California because of its resources and network.

“Attending the University of Notre Dame changes the perception of the kind of person you are and people want to hire you,” Viliamu-Asa said. “The type of people I’ve already met and from what I hear about the benefits of a Notre dame degree has opened my eyes to how this university is different from others.”

During his Ohio State official visit this weekend, Viliamu-Asa said he’s looking at defensive fit and culture but also what Ohio provides beyond football.

A July commitment is the plan. Notre Dame is in Viliamu-Asa’s final three alongside Ohio State and USC.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News