ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Washington is what Notre Dame's playoffs runs were like over the last decade plus

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
A 10 to 15th ranked team masquerading around as an undefeated elite team who has benefited from a lot of good luck in regards to their schedule and in regards to their many single possession game victories -- whose record is way above what their actual talent/production is.

If this Washington team somehow makes it to the playoffs expect a blowout loss to whoever their opponent is

A 10 to 15th ranked team masquerading around as an undefeated elite team who has benefited from a lot of good luck in regards to their schedule and in regards to their many single possession game victories -- whose record is way above what their actual talent/production is.

If this Washington team somehow makes it to the playoffs expect a blowout loss to whoever their opponent is
Classic.

Classic.

Classic.

Really dumb even for you. Comparing Pennix and those receivers as opposed to what ND had at those positions during their playoff run is hilarious. Washington will have a solid chance because of just that.

Last edited:
Really dumb even for you. Comparing Pennix and those receivers as opposed to what ND had at those positions during their playoff run is hilarious. Washington will have a solid because of just that.

Exactly. Penix is a really good QB, much better than anyone ND has had under center for a long time. He probably secured the Heisman Trophy for himself last night. And his receivers get separation, something ours don't seem to be very good at. I don't know that UW is strong enough to beat UGA or UM if they are playing their best, but UW has a good football team, and if Penix has a good game I can see UW hanging with either of them.

It will be interesting to see what happens if FSU wins and Bama beat UGA. You'd have to let FSU into the playoffs and then does UGA or Texas get the final spot? The SEC will be up in arms if they are shut out of the playoffs.

Reactions: buckey
Exactly. Penix is a really good QB, much better than anyone ND has had under center for a long time. He probably secured the Heisman Trophy for himself last night. And his receivers get separation, something ours don't seem to be very good at. I don't know that UW is strong enough to beat UGA or UM if they are playing their best, but UW has a good football team, and if Penix has a good game I can see UW hanging with either of them.

It will be interesting to see what happens if FSU wins and Bama beat UGA. You'd have to let FSU into the playoffs and then does UGA or Texas get the final spot? The SEC will be up in arms if they are shut out of the playoffs.
If Bama and FSU win I'm guessing Mich, Washington, FSU and Bama.

Washington won. Congrats Nostradamus. Oh wait you said NOTHING

WTF? You were so sure of yourself declaring that Oregon "will be at" Washington. Now when people rightly call you out on that, you take offense. What a crybaby.

There will be some pissed off Longorn fans because Texas won at Alabama by 10

True, and with good reason. If Bama beats UGA and FSU beats Louisville, I think the final four will be: UM, UW, FSU and Texas. This assumes UM and Texas win today, but those would be shockers if they didn't win.

The SEC will go crazy, but I think the Playoff Committee will want to look like it isn't beholden to the SEC, as they have been criticized for in the past, and they will leave them out.

They cannot put in UGA over Bama if Bama wins, and they cannot select Bama over Texas given Texas's win early in the season. So the SEC will be left out.

Reactions: bizzybecknd

Washington may very we’ll be the best team in the country, 12-0 in the best conference in football. ND was never close in their playoff runs.. I think you might mean Michigan is masquerading, easy schedule to the playoff- see TCU loss last year who got their doors blown off in the championship.

Washington may very we’ll be the best team in the country, 12-0 in the best conference in football. ND was never close in their playoff runs.. I think you might mean Michigan is masquerading, easy schedule to the playoff- see TCU loss last year who got their doors blown off in the championship.
They’ve played one good team OSU and one decent team PSU

So what ? Week 2 I believe. If they played now on a neutral field Bama would be favored.
Who cares who would be favored? They played the game on the field. If that doesnt count, why play them?

Also, Alabama almost/should have lost last week to Auburn. That is not impressive to end the year. They needed a miracle to beat a shit team

If their name was Arkansas, they wouldnt jump Texas

Washington won. Congrats Nostradamus. Oh wait you said NOTHING
I'm sorry...... you told us that Washington would lose to Oregon and wouldn't make the playoffs. Since you are a genius( in your own mind) , I just assumed Oregon won but didn't know the score.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

Must have been a brutal season for Husky fans...hate those pesky undefeated seasons. Would prefer losing 3-4 games but have a better F+ rating.

So what ? Week 2 I believe. If they played now on a neutral field Bama would be favored.
No hypotheticals needed, Texas beat them head to head. Would be insanity to put Bama in over UT but nothing shocks with the stupidity of college football and those calling the shots. If Bama wins, think FSU gets left out- no chance the SEC narrative won’t win out combined with FSU’s QB situation.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Rodes
Washington has now won 2 games in a row that the data thought would be unlikely (Oregon in conf champ game, and now Texas). Impressive!

Washington was really good and really talented this year. Anyone who couldn't see that had no clue about football

Penix Odunze McMillan Polk is a nightmare to stop

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT