ADVERTISEMENT

you read it here first

Notre Dame needs to get a group of like-minded institutions and drop out of the NCAA and form its own athletic association. Not only can it be done, it must be done. The NCAA is a cesspool of corruption. North Carolina can direct black student athletes to fraudulent courses but not face any penalties because those same fraudulent courses were open to all. Completely disgusted by this ruling.

Last edited:
Reactions: TOMMY_23
I try and view things like this as unbiased as I can because I know that I am wearing green/gold colored glasses.... but how does any of this make sense? I asked a friend who does not like ND and is a big College Basketball fan and he says it doesn't even compare to what goes on at schools like North Carolina and Louisville........ Matter of fact remember the big scandal in Mens Basketball that was going to shock the world last year.....with Adidas and a bunch of schools? What ever happened to that?

I try and view things like this as unbiased as I can because I know that I am wearing green/gold colored glasses.... but how does any of this make sense? I asked a friend who does not like ND and is a big College Basketball fan and he says it doesn't even compare to what goes on at schools like North Carolina and Louisville........ Matter of fact remember the big scandal in Mens Basketball that was going to shock the world last year.....with Adidas and a bunch of schools? What ever happened to that?

Well, that latest scandal is still being investigated, so patience is in order there. But take a minute to read Father Jenkins's full letter. There is no other route than to quit the NCAA and start a competing institution.

Reactions: Kelso86
Well, that latest scandal is still being investigated, so patience is in order there. But take a minute to read Father Jenkins's full letter. There is no other route than to quit the NCAA and start a competing institution.

Who would you get to quit to join your new institution?

Who would you get to quit to join your new institution?

Oh, I think it would take a little time, but I believe you could get 25 to 30 good schools that are willing to take a stand against this corruption. And I believe it would grow over time.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
a joke.... you harshly punish the schools who are trying to do right by their athletes by providing them a real education with real majors... not joke, made up majors that you see at all of the other powerhouses, but real and challenging courses of study. shame on the ncaa... the punishment here just didn't fit the crime. I'll always add 21 to our total f--- them!

Oh, I think it would take a little time, but I believe you could get 25 to 30 good schools that are willing to take a stand against this corruption. And I believe it would grow over time.

So say you quit immediately and only 3 schools per year take the stand. You have two opponents to play in all sports in 2018, 5 in 2019, etc? That does not sound too realistic.

So say you quit immediately and only 3 schools per year take the stand. You have two opponents to play in all sports in 2018, 5 in 2019, etc? That does not sound too realistic.
The more you look into it, the harder it would be. Almost impossible and if you did leave you'd think your program would fall apart (what recruits would want to play for a team not in the NCAA?).... but hypothetically, could a team outside the NCAA play teams within it... almost in a 'scrimmage' non-NCAA sanctioned game? What would be stopping them? It may not count for the NCAA school win column, but the lose wouldn't either and it would be a chance to play on a big stage as you know ND or anyone leaving the NCAA and starting their own thing would be huge.

Yeah, I seriously doubt anything could be accomplished in less than five years, but I think you make a decision and set a course in that direction. If you are standing knee deep in shit and sinking, you don't just stand there.

The more you look into it, the harder it would be. Almost impossible and if you did leave you'd think your program would fall apart (what recruits would want to play for a team not in the NCAA?).... but hypothetically, could a team outside the NCAA play teams within it... almost in a 'scrimmage' non-NCAA sanctioned game? What would be stopping them? It may not count for the NCAA school win column, but the lose wouldn't either and it would be a chance to play on a big stage as you know ND or anyone leaving the NCAA and starting their own thing would be huge.

You see college basketball teams playing non NCAA opponents in early November (foreign teams, club teams). They don't count in the NCAA standings.

Threats to leave remind me of this:

Bender: "I'm tired of your yapping. All you ever do is complain, you never try to make things better. Well, I'm running away from this dead-end family! I know there's a place for people like me with new ideas. There has to be!"

Farnsworth: "Fine! Get going!"

Bender: "Oh, I'm going! You're gonna be all "Where's Bender? I miss Bender".

Farnsworth: "We won't know that until you leave."

Bender: "Oh, I'm leaving!"

Farnsworth: "There's the door."

Bender (softly): "I'll be good."

futurama_kids_by_alanderar.jpg

Last edited:

You couldn't do it rashly. It would require lots of planning and negotiating. But not only do I think it could be done, I think it must be done.

Reactions: nemeth#5
You couldn't do it rashly. It would require lots of planning and negotiating. But not only do I think it could be done, I think it must be done.
It would be easier if an entire conference would commit to it at once. Might be easier if a smaller level conference did it with hope of enticing large schools.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ame-ncaa-violations-student-trainer/94280000/

https://president.nd.edu/writings-a...m-the-president-on-the-ncaa-infractions-case/

"Notre Dame will be forced to vacate victories in the 2012 and 2013 football season due to NCAA violations by a student-trainer."

When you posted it in the summer ND’s appeal hadn’t even been heard yet, you were just trolling.
You even admitted it.

And ND is about to file a lawsuit on federal court, in which they will win.

ESPN, CBS, even CNN have articles talking about this being the beginning of the end to the NCAA.

The best part is people talking shit don’t even know the facts of the case.

Father Jenkins destroyed the NCAA in his statement & multiple school Presidents are already talking about leaving the NCAA.

ND, like always, sets trends & makes people notice. Just like Civil Rights, Private University Rights, Independence, leaving the Football Association to start the NBC contract, etc...

While ND graduates 98% of its Athletes, & once again win the Academic National Title, just 10 years ago Michigan was being investigated by the Feds for graduating 38% of its athletes, & less than 1 in 4 African American Football players.

Notre Dame is a world leader.
Michigan is an internet troll begging for attention because nobody cares.

Reactions: Telx1
Notre Dame needs to get a group of like-minded institutions and drop out of the NCAA and form its own athletic association. Not only can it be done, it must be done. The NCAA is a cesspool of corruption. North Carolina can direct black student athletes to fraudulent courses but not face any penalties because those same fraudulent courses were open to all. Completely disgusted by this ruling.
You need to be corrected here. UNC was not directing black student athletes. Any student could have taken the fraudulent courses. To white wash that to black students is a gross inaccuracy.

That would be an NCAA violation and the school would face further punishment.

Penn state covers up a child molester, unc creates fake classes. Neither of them get wins vacated. Total joke

You need to be corrected here. UNC was not directing black student athletes. Any student could have taken the fraudulent courses. To white wash that to black students is a gross inaccuracy.

It was my understanding the classes were open to all but that the vast majority of students taking them were black student athletes. If that is wrong than I certainly stand corrected.

Last edited:
When you posted it in the summer ND’s appeal hadn’t even been heard yet, you were just trolling.
You even admitted it.

And ND is about to file a lawsuit on federal court, in which they will win.

ESPN, CBS, even CNN have articles talking about this being the beginning of the end to the NCAA.

The best part is people talking shit don’t even know the facts of the case.

Father Jenkins destroyed the NCAA in his statement & multiple school Presidents are already talking about leaving the NCAA.

ND, like always, sets trends & makes people notice. Just like Civil Rights, Private University Rights, Independence, leaving the Football Association to start the NBC contract, etc...

While ND graduates 98% of its Athletes, & once again win the Academic National Title, just 10 years ago Michigan was being investigated by the Feds for graduating 38% of its athletes, & less than 1 in 4 African American Football players.

Notre Dame is a world leader.
Michigan is an internet troll begging for attention because nobody cares.

Nope. I re-posted a rumor. I wasn't trolling. I was just early.

Also, lol at "Jenkins destroyed the NCAA" & comparing playing ineligible players to the Civil Rights movement. And as for world leader, here is USAToday's ranking: https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/search?name=Notre+Dame

There have been rumblings for a while about the Power 5 breaking away from the NCAA for football. Something like this gives them a lot of cover to "take a stand against corruption" when in reality, they want to do it to make more money and have more control of the system.

There have been rumblings for a while about the Power 5 breaking away from the NCAA for football. Something like this gives them a lot of cover to "take a stand against corruption" when in reality, they want to do it to make more money and have more control of the system.

I agree that the P5 schools would only break away if they were convinced they wouldn't have to share as much with the Group of Five teams. The NCAA is only as good/bad as the member schools allow it to be. Any new break away division will still need an overseeing entity like the NCAA. Old boss same as the new boss...

I agree that the P5 schools would only break away if they were convinced they wouldn't have to share as much with the Group of Five teams. The NCAA is only as good/bad as the member schools allow it to be. Any new break away division will still need an overseeing entity like the NCAA. Old boss same as the new boss...
It would almost be too much to try and re-create the NCAA.... would be nice if someone can call out the NCAA and require a massive overhaul and re-evaluate their procedures and policies.... but even that would require a large institution for oversight. The whole thing is basically f*cked.

ADVERTISEMENT