ADVERTISEMENT

Witchita State is getting a lot of love

donnybaseballs

ND Expert
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2014
By the time this game tips, ND is going to be viewed as the underdog by most. I would expect the Vegas line to slowly tick in the direction of WSU as well as public bets trickle in.

With one big game against an underachieving Kansas, WSU has transformed from the team that had a few bad losses this year into the teams that made the Final Four in 2013 and got a #1 seed last year.

While I think WSU will be a big challenge, I think this sets up well for the personality and makeup of our team. WSU's guards are their leaders, with the ability to take over games. They start 3-4 guards and win games by going small against teams that can't match up - that's our game as well, and I think our guards (DJ and Grant) have the ability to disrupt what WSU likes to do.

I look at their 4 guards against PC, SV, JG and DJ and like the matchup. Inside, Auguste actually will have an opportunity to exert his will a little bit, instead of being the lone big man among a bunch of bigs like he so often is. Their tallest starter is 6-7.

Will be an interesting matchup for sure. We have the talent to win. Can we match their intensity? Will being a bit of an "underdog" provide us with the edge we need to play loose an hit big shots? I hope so. Brey will certainly have a heck of a challenge, as Marshall can flat out coach. Big opportunity for the team and the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.