ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush to UCF

Very risky choice with one year left. GL, BW.

Risky how? He clearly saw that he would most likely not be our starting QB here next year, and apparently the UCF starting QB position is his to lose right now with their current situation.

Reactions: ATL97 and Kelso86
Risky how? He clearly saw that he would most likely not be our starting QB here next year, and apparently the UCF starting QB position is his to lose right now with their current situation.

There are people here would just have the mentality that leaving ND period is "risky," regardless of scenario.

Anyway, I'm sensing an ND-UCF New Year's Six Bowl next year.

Win for both parties-----Brandon gets to play in an offense that fits his skill set and UCF gets to redshirt Milton for the year.

BW started 16 games at ND, half (that’s pretty amazing) of those 16 games were agsinst teams that finished ranked in the top 25.
He went 13-3 with 5 wins against the above mentioned ranked teams.

Got is accounting degree from ND in December.

He has earned the right to go do whatever he feels is best for him now.
Great kid & leader.

Our qbs seem to transfer to Florida schools and the last two spent their year running from a sieve offensive line. I dunno if BW will have to do that but at least he is the most mobile, and got a lot of practice vs Michigan.

Mack jr had a 9 QBR against LSU. We’re happy to have Wimbush, he seems like a great young man. I think he’ll do well in AAC play and will likely start.

Reactions: ahabmw
Heupel will do a nice job with Brandon. He's not going to morph into Pat Mahomes, but he'll be a major weapon in that league, facing much lesser competition than he faced at Notre Dame. They have plenty of good pieces in place to help him get the job done.

This is one of the best spots for Brandon. Despite the LSU game, Mack did very well in his first 3 games of real playing time in college. There will be a competition, however, UCF has one of the most healthy QB rooms anywhere. They truly support each other and are completely unselfish, so Brandon fits in perfectly. The other positive for Brandon will be that he is playing in an offensive scheme where the QB puts up big numbers, either in the air or on the ground. When you have 1 year to impress scouts, that's where you want to be. Lastly, getting to work with Josh Heupel can't hurt. It's no knock on Rees, but Heupel has much more experience developing QB's.

Don't be shocked to see Brandon starting in the Orange Bowl next year. UCF basically needs to get through Cinci, Pitt and Stanford. The rest of their games should be fairly comfortable wins.

Heupel will do a nice job with Brandon. He's not going to morph into Pat Mahomes, but he'll be a major weapon in that league, facing much lesser competition than he faced at Notre Dame. They have plenty of good pieces in place to help him get the job done.
this. the competition level is a huge downgrade.

With a risk like that I’d like to have seen a position change. By staying at qb he’s given up any hope for the NFL. He should’ve talked to Pryor.

With a risk like that I’d like to have seen a position change. By staying at qb he’s given up any hope for the NFL. He should’ve talked to Pryor.

"He should’ve talked to Pryor"

Pryor did not become a receiver until he went to the NFL.

"He should’ve talked to Pryor"

Pryor did not become a receiver until he went to the NFL.
talking to pryor would have made no difference. everyone knows that except you/. but that is normal for you.....

Careful, ucf fans are toucy about sos. Most believe their schedule is just as strong as ours, and they compare the common opponent Pitt game as being better than ND.

LOL
They are already talking up the Stanford game they play at home next year as being the biggest regular season OOC game ever.
ND plays at Stanford & that game is probably 5th on the schedule?
ND is at Georgia
ND is at Michigan
ND hosts USC
ND hosts VT
ND is at Stanford

I remember having the same argument with Utah fans over a decade ago when they were going undefeated & beating legit P5 teams. I told them that will change when they actually join a P5 conference. And since they average 7-5 (with a FCS opponent every year). It’s a different world playing 9-10 P5 teams a year.

Reactions: Riverside Irish

He could’ve picked a different school. Are you thick? We’ve known he’s leaving since he got benched. He made the right decision in leaving ND, but the back-up to Milton played very well for UCF. They’ll be a QB competition for sure in Orlando.

Did you pay attention to what happened to Zaire in 2017? He had one year left and didn’t choose wisely in going to Florida. He barely ever played after losing the QB competition.

When a guy has one year left he needs to go where he can get guaranteed playing time. Hurts won’t be in a QB competition next season.

Mack jr had a 9 QBR against LSU. We’re happy to have Wimbush, he seems like a great young man. I think he’ll do well in AAC play and will likely start.
Brandon Wimbush was miserable against that same LSU defense a year earlier.

If you can’t throw an accurate pass you can’t play for a pass oriented offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT