ADVERTISEMENT

Wimbush needs to ...................

ignatiusjk

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 5, 2004
Wimbush needs to practice REAL HARD !!! on his throwing accuracy. Right now he can't hit the broad side of a barn. He's missing to many easy passes. I think his mojo is messed up and he's second guessing himself.Good thing this is happening now and not during Sept or Oct.

Wimbush needs to practice REAL HARD !!! on his throwing accuracy. Right now he can't hit the broad side of a barn. He's missing to many easy passes. I think his mojo is messed up and he's second guessing himself.Good thing this is happening now and not during Sept or Oct.
I am not so sure practicing is the thing holding Wimbush back...it is all between his ears. All of the sports beat writers have been astonished this year at how inaccurate Wimbush has been, noting that he made all of the throws in practice. Seems kind of like bad free throw shooters...they can practice for hours and hit them all day. Game time rolls around and it is all mental.

His QB coach earned the nickname "Tommy Turnover" and had zero experience as a QB coach anywhere

Total coaching resume .... 1 year grad asst at Northwestern .... 1 year offensive asst (whatever that means) for San Diego Chargers .... and people complain about WImbush's development .... he basically has a position coach who is learning on the job ..... that's BK for ya

Reactions: TOMMY_23
He needs to have confidence in his arm. I like to say, trust your practice time. When he is in a game he has to trust the time and effort he put into practice. Word is he puts in extra hours to get better. He has to trust that. He is thinking way to much. Even when he is throwing a simple 10yard slant. He trying to guide the ball in instead of just letting it rip.

He needs to have confidence in his arm. I like to say, trust your practice time. When he is in a game he has to trust the time and effort he put into practice. Word is he puts in extra hours to get better. He has to trust that. He is thinking way to much. Even when he is throwing a simple 10yard slant. He trying to guide the ball in instead of just letting it rip.

I think people need to accept what type of QB he is .... a great runner and good not great passer .... even really good QB's look bad when they have to run for their lives .... against Georgia there were so many defenders coming in free on him he didn't have time for a 3 step drop and throw ... bad pass protection against Miami .... and it is hard to expect QB's to play perfect all season ... I am happy overall with him ... it's just his 1st year as starter ..... he has room to grow and get more comfortable/relaxed ..... I think he actually has the look of a calm QB when things are going like crap ... I like his game face

Wish he had position coach to help .... one with experience at the job and not a playing history of turning the ball over a ton.

Reactions: rgc7

Does anyone think his hand is worse than what Coach Kelly is saying? He wasn't deadly accurate before he injured his hand but he had better zip on his throws than what he has shown the last few games. His balls seem to flutter and wobble more than they should now for someone with as strong an arm as he has shown in earlier games.

Does anyone think his hand is worse than what Coach Kelly is saying? He wasn't deadly accurate before he injured his hand but he had better zip on his throws than what he has shown the last few games. His balls seem to flutter and wobble more than they should now for someone with as strong an arm as he has shown in earlier games.
I think his hand is still an issue but should have nothing to do with him actually throwing the ball as it is his left/non throwing hand that is injured. He can make all the throws, just needs to get his mind right

ADVERTISEMENT