ADVERTISEMENT

Wilfong on Bowen

I guess that's great news for us! The way he's shot up the recent rankings into high five-star status, maybe he'll be a standout college DB. And I'll have to eat my words that the dude is nothing more than a typical elite recruit, and if he flips somewhere else for a big NIL payday, we'll just get somebody as good or better next year. Because it looks like he's a veritable cut above!

I guess that's great news for us! The way he's shot up the recent rankings into high five-star status, maybe he'll be a standout college DB. And I'll have to eat my words that the dude is nothing more than a typical elite recruit, and if he flips somewhere else for a big NIL payday, we'll just get somebody as good or better next year. Because it looks like he's a veritable cut above!
There's too much on the line for these services to manipulate their rankings or whatever other tinfoil hat conspiracies ND fans come up with to justify an unfavorable ranking change.

The industry's entire business model is accuracy. That's what brings the eyeballs and pays the big bucks.

The last ranking they publish on that last week of signing day is the final draft with their brand's seal on it. In the meantime they go to camps, watch 7 on 7s, gather all the film against the best competition they can on the player, and compare him to all the other players at his position and the prospects that came before him, and give him a score based on how he lines up. Then they debate and hem and haw over who should be ranked where for months/years.

While all of that information is coming in, rankings change and get more solid. Every fanbase except for Georgia's and Alabama's is likely complaining on their message board about the very same thing.

Last edited:
There's too much on the line for these services to manipulate their rankings or whatever other tinfoil hat conspiracies ND fans come up with to justify an unfavorable ranking change.

The industry's entire business model is accuracy. That's what brings the eyeballs and pays the big bucks.

The last ranking they publish on that last week of signing day is the final draft with their brand's seal on it.
Seriously, can you please GTFO of my face? I'm asking you all nice. There are plenty of dudes on this board who love to immerse themselves in recruiting rankings, go commiserate with them.

As for you, I don't think you care about rankings any more than I do, but it's your brand on this board, and your persona, so you have to get all greasy about it. I figure in your case, you want to be able to bash coaches for possible recruiting deficiencies, which is your real priority, so you have to invest in this mythology about the scientific infallibility or whatnot of these stupid effin' rankings, which is really nothing more than a drug addiction for needy CFB fans....

Either way, please leave me out of it. Do your evangalizing to someone else....

Seriously, can you please GTFO of my face? I'm asking you all nice. There are plenty of dudes on this board who love to immerse themselves in recruiting rankings, go commiserate with them.

As for you, I don't think you care about rankings any more than I do, but it's your brand on this board, and your persona, so you have to get all greasy about it. I figure in your case, you want to be able to bash coaches for possible recruiting deficiencies, which is your real priority, so you have to invest in this mythology about the scientific infallibility or whatnot of these stupid effin' rankings, which is really nothing more than a drug addiction for needy CFB fans....

Snowflake

No kidding, these are comedic gold. You are an absolute word-smith.

The satire is perfectly done.

Even if Bowen signs tmw. Is anyone confident he's going to stick around? I could easily see him leaving after a semester. Part of me doesn't want Bowen to sign with ND tmw.

Even if Bowen signs tmw. Is anyone confident he's going to stick around? I could easily see him leaving after a semester. Part of me doesn't want Bowen to sign with ND tmw.
Thats really odd from a Notre Dame fan

Considering he's one of the best players in the country and probably a day 1 starter

Reactions: tbone3114
I’m absolutely hopeful that he comes. Let him fall in love with ND, the program, the campus, Freeman, Mickens, the rest of the staff, and his teammates. Once he’s on campus, odds are good that he stays.

Everyone is a threat to leave and hit the portal at any point. He has to get here first.

Reactions: Golson5
Thats really odd from a Notre Dame fan

Considering he's one of the best players in the country and probably a day 1 starter
Hmmm... leave after a semester... if he is a day one starter he will leave after 3 years for the NFL, with a NC in tow!

So the two million dollars was just bullshit. That was just hype or something. Because I would think that if ND was offering nothing, let's just assume for discussion's sake, or at least nothing big like that up front.... And OU is offering two million dollars, I think he would take the two million. Don't know that he would, but just think that he would.

So I'm going to guess then that any up-front NIL money that might have been offered was relatively small-time...

He should choose Nebraska over Oklahoma. Or Wisconsin.

Last edited:
So the two million dollars was just bullshit. That was just hype or something. Because I would think that if ND was offering nothing, let's just assume for discussion's sake, or at least nothing big like that up front.... And OU is offering two million dollars, I think he would take the two million. Don't know that he would, but just think that he would.

So I'm going to guess then that any up-front NIL money that might have been offered was relatively small-time...
Most of the NIL numbers are BS.

Gee, i wonder why 18 yo kids turn into self-absorbed, selfish, narcissistic weasels during the recruiting process? Precious little angels who fold up like a Wal Mart lawn chair, when they hit a little adversity, or have to compete for playing time.

JT Daniels 5 Stars and 4 Schools (USC, UGA, WVU and now the mighty Rice Owls), where is the next stop Incarnate Word?

Reactions: IrishMike409
Gee, i wonder why 18 yo kids turn into self-absorbed, selfish, narcissistic weasels during the recruiting process? Precious little angels who fold up like a Wal Mart lawn chair, when they hit a little adversity, or have to compete for playing time.

JT Daniels 5 Stars and 4 Schools (USC, UGA, WVU and now the mighty Rice Owls), where is the next stop Incarnate Word?
Maybe he just wants to play with no roadblocks. It sucks practicing but not playing or being in the wrong system etc.

Reactions: Kelso86
Oregon? If its Oregon then it is only about money. Which hey, it is what it is.
Why would it be just about money? Didn't Lanning coach a national champion and put multiple players in the NFL? How did he get all those standouts? Money or no money he has the secret sauce for recruiting. Because he is from the SEC I am sure big dough stacks played a part of it.

Enjoy yourself?

yep-creep.gif

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT