ADVERTISEMENT

Why would a 1 loss ND be "out"?

So “ND doesn’t play by the rules” because we don’t wanna join a conference and therefore will get jumped w/o the 13th data point, but when bama gets in w/o even playing in their conference game, that’s playing by the rules? This 13th data point thing is a joke. It’s a glorified scrimmage for the P5 teams, but we’re getting thrown to the gutter w/ 1 loss compared to other teams w/ 1 loss because of it? Ridiculous. Thanks to all the posters that are saying we’re in if we go undefeated, btw. Thanks for throwing lowly ND a bone.
Idk man, bama is just good. As a michigan fan, I would have no issues with a 1 loss bama team getting in over us. I dont think any of this matters when it comes to ND. I cant see you guys dropping another game

If enough other teams lose, a one loss ND *might* get in. Might. As in, it would be possible.

“Idk man, bama is just good. As a michigan fan, I would have no issues with a 1 loss bama team getting in over us. I dont think any of this matters when it comes to ND. I cant see you guys dropping another game”

That’s fair. I’m not disputing how good bama is but it has to come down to what happens on the field to some extent. I’d hate to think that bama is an automatic every year just because we know they get the best recruiting classes and they have what the experts think are the best players. We can’t have a records and head to head be damned mentality, I think the game will lose some fan’s interest if that’s the case.

“Idk man, bama is just good. As a michigan fan, I would have no issues with a 1 loss bama team getting in over us. I dont think any of this matters when it comes to ND. I cant see you guys dropping another game”

That’s fair. I’m not disputing how good bama is but it has to come down to what happens on the field to some extent. I’d hate to think that bama is an automatic every year just because we know they get the best recruiting classes and they have what the experts think are the best players. We can’t have a records and head to head be damned mentality, I think the game will lose some fan’s interest if that’s the case.
Here is my problem with Bama. UM and ND went out of their way to schedule a home-and-home series. Since one loss can jeopardize a teams playoff chances it takes a level of courage. UM and ND could have scheduled a cupcake. When did Alabama play a tough non conference team in an away game? They don't. So teams that go out of their way to schedule tough home-and-home series should be rewarded.

Agreed, milk. Neuheisel talked about it today that it has been a recipe for success for the SEC. schedule patsies at the end when everyone else is playing a conference foe. Gives them a well timed break. Smart, but not necessarily a level playing field. Also talked about how the LSU-bama final sparked the beginnings of the expansion to the final four.

ADVERTISEMENT