ADVERTISEMENT

Why do players have to quarantine for 21 days

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
When coaches only have to quarantine for 10 days ?

Especially when coaches are at a higher risk to suffer serious consequences.

Is Covid-19 ND’s biggest impediment to finishing the regular season undefeated. ?

playoffs ?

A player with a positive test has to quarantine for 10 days for first symptom and then pass a medical exam to confirm cardiac health. With availability of multiple tests, players can test multiple times and not worry about false negatives like you or I would.

A direct contact of a confirmed case has to quarantine for 14 days from last contact to allow for incubation period.

This is how you best prevent outbreak as you could have silent carriers walking around for a few days before they become symptomatic or have enough virus to test positive.

Is Covid-19 ND’s biggest impediment to finishing the regular season undefeated. ?

playoffs ?
Urban, that you?

A player with a positive test has to quarantine for 10 days for first symptom and then pass a medical exam to confirm cardiac health. With availability of multiple tests, players can test multiple times and not worry about false negatives like you or I would.

A direct contact of a confirmed case has to quarantine for 14 days from last contact to allow for incubation period.

This is how you best prevent outbreak as you could have silent carriers walking around for a few days before they become symptomatic or have enough virus to test positive.

That’s irrelevant, the question is: Why the disparity, especially when coaches are more at risk

That’s irrelevant, the question is: Why the disparity, especially when coaches are more at risk
I believe a player doesn’t need to quarantine for 21 days but there is a longer return to play protocol which in some conferences (Big 10 for example) is 21 days. This is to confirm heart health since a young man this year died from a heart condition thought to have been caused or aggravated by Covid. The longer timeframe has nothing to do with spreading the virus. Coaches once not contagious can coach again since they aren’t actually playing the game and stressing their hearts like a player.

playoffs ?
Because of stupidity

I believe a player doesn’t need to quarantine for 21 days but there is a longer return to play protocol which in some conferences (Big 10 for example) is 21 days. This is to confirm heart health since a young man this year died from a heart condition thought to have been caused or aggravated by Covid. The longer timeframe has nothing to do with spreading the virus. Coaches once not contagious can coach again since they aren’t actually playing the game and stressing their hearts like a player.

That seems reasonable but the overwhelming data doesn’t support the premise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT