ADVERTISEMENT

Who Believes ND will win it all this year? And why?

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
I vote YES.

Reasons why:

1-- The most talent of any Irish team in recent memory. Great competition for playing time.
2-- An experienced gunslinger (accurate like Doc Holliday) at QB--Jack Coan
with two automatic superstar Offensive players in Michael Mayer and Kyren Williams to bail him out.
3--The deepest D-LINE in the country. Better than any SEC Dline.
4-- Superstar Kyle Hamilton at Safety.
5-- One of the best Olines in the Nation with talent and two ultra experienced lineman in Jarret Patterson and Cain Madden to complement Superstud Blake Fisher.
6-- Marcus Freeman !!!!
7- No weak spots at linebacker with Prince Kollie (Lawrence Taylor JR.) to come in and increse his reps as he WOW's us with GREAT plays !

*** I could go on and on but won't. The Irish have a GREAT strength coach and great position coaches and a GREAT D-coach who will show a more aggressive ball hawking defense. I expect many more turnovers created by our defense this year !

*** The Irish have a tough schedule to challenge them almost every Saturday but the Irish should be favored in every game.

Go IRISH !! Lets get this party started !!
Beat the seminoles !!

I think you’re fun to read. I think we could make the playoffs possibly, although it’s about a 3% chance according to all accounts. I think if we make it to the playoffs we will get absolutely demolished. I think we notice just how good Book really was this season. I think we win 8-9 games and build for 2022. Tough start to next season w/Ohio State. We will most certainly be double digit underdogs in that game, but if our recruiting continues in a positive direction, I think we could compete by 2023. It all depends on whether we have a quarterback in the roster the next few seasons that can really break out as one of the best in the county, even better than Ian was. IDK if Dante Moore will come to ND, but I think we need him, I think he needs us, and I think he’s foolish to choose UofM. I think 2023 and 2024 could be very strong performances for ND and who knows, maybe we win it one of those seasons. I think that’s possible. I think Freeman is going to pull in some strait up baller defensive classes. I think we will get Styles, and some other future first rounders because of him. The 2023 class could be sick. But the Ohio State game is going to be huuuuge. If we perform terribly in that game, it could really hurt us. I think we are overdue, hungry, and BK desperately wants it. I don’t like our odds even slightly this season. I say 2024 National Champs is plausible. I’m excited for what we can do in the next couple years recruiting.

Last edited:
Well, I am not in a position to challenge most of this optimistic post except in one area: Who is Coan
going to throw to besides the tight end? ND has been lacking at the split end position the past several years,
especially in comparison to the top teams in the country. Am I wrong??

Reactions: Kelso86
I vote YES.

Reasons why:

1-- The most talent of any Irish team in recent memory. Great competition for playing time.
2-- An experienced gunslinger (accurate like Doc Holliday) at QB--Jack Coan
with two automatic superstar Offensive players in Michael Mayer and Kyren Williams to bail him out.
3--The deepest D-LINE in the country. Better than any SEC Dline.
4-- Superstar Kyle Hamilton at Safety.
5-- One of the best Olines in the Nation with talent and two ultra experienced lineman in Jarret Patterson and Cain Madden to complement Superstud Blake Fisher.
6-- Marcus Freeman !!!!
7- No weak spots at linebacker with Prince Kollie (Lawrence Taylor JR.) to come in and increse his reps as he WOW's us with GREAT plays !

*** I could go on and on but won't. The Irish have a GREAT strength coach and great position coaches and a GREAT D-coach who will show a more aggressive ball hawking defense. I expect many more turnovers created by our defense this year !

*** The Irish have a tough schedule to challenge them almost every Saturday but the Irish should be favored in every game.

Go IRISH !! Lets get this party started !!
Beat the seminoles !!
I love reading your stuff! It is always upbeat! Can ND go 12-0, absolutely, but there will need to be some breaks go our way this year. 3 keys to the season, as I see it -- A.) 1st 3 games and getting an offensive identity and getting the defense into a consistent rotation pattern and play. B.) The next 5 games beginning with Wisconsin and ending with North Carolina. While they are not the caliber of Clemson, OSU, Bama, they are still good enough to knock ND off if they are not prepared. and C.) Staying healthy all season -- to the extent we can!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Well, I am not in a position to challenge most of this optimistic post except in one area: Who is Coan
going to throw to besides the tight end? ND has been lacking at the split end position the past several years,
especially in comparison to the top teams in the country. Am I wrong??
Davis and Williams. We don’t have much.

I think we lose to USC, Wisconsin, and Cincinnati. Possibly even FSU. I certainly hope we win every damn one of those games. I’m just not sold on Coan, and we lost a lot of good players. We do have to consider that this could be a down year. BK has had some down years following big years.

I’m hoping to be surprised. Hoping a receiver or two has a big break out. These things are unproven, however and they’re simply hopes. Call me negative, I guess we shall see.

Last edited:
Reactions: theskibro

I think we lose to USC, Wisconsin, and Cincinnati. Possibly even FSU. I certainly hope we win every damn one of those games. I’m just not sold on Coan, and we lost a lot of good players. We do have to consider that this could be a down year. BK has had some down years following big years.

I’m hoping to be surprised. Hoping a receiver or two has a big break out. These things are unproven, however and they’re simply hopes. Call me negative, I guess we shall see.
247 Sports ranks ND 10th and UNC 11th for the upcoming season. Of the 3 teams you think will defeat ND, and even giving FSU a chance, only USC is ranked ahead of UNC. I’m interested in your reasoning for not thinking ND can fall to UNC.

Stated prior and I stand by it and will take the beating if I am wrong hopefully. I think we drop the opener to FSU (new OL, new QB, new WR), at night, bowden diagnosis will have some special "thing". I think we will not be able to score with UNC......Then you have USC, Cinci and Wisky.....might drop 1 or 3 there....maybe 2.....

Tons of talent, no argument there.....all depends on how fast they gel. If we brought in a Tua or Fields from the waiver wire I would say even with the OL we are OK.......just too many losses to overcome in 21......now, 2022 we are back in the playoffs.

When you dont count the best tight end in the country you know you are a troll

Reactions: IrishMike409
Stated prior and I stand by it and will take the beating if I am wrong hopefully. I think we drop the opener to FSU (new OL, new QB, new WR), at night, bowden diagnosis will have some special "thing". I think we will not be able to score with UNC......Then you have USC, Cinci and Wisky.....might drop 1 or 3 there....maybe 2.....

Tons of talent, no argument there.....all depends on how fast they gel. If we brought in a Tua or Fields from the waiver wire I would say even with the OL we are OK.......just too many losses to overcome in 21......now, 2022 we are back in the playoffs.
I'll be on every win to destroy you don't worry

I will take it with pride....as to be wrong will be good. 10-3 this season. Your predicting undefeated and a championship?

Reactions: Telx1
I will take it with pride....as to be wrong will be good. 10-3 this season. Your predicting undefeated and a championship?
You had us losing to fsu and unc. Then maybe 2 from those other 3 games. That would be 4 losses.

But are you saying we go 9 and 3 regular season and win our bowl gm to get to 10 and 3 now?

I'm saying just reg season, 10 and 2 as the low mark and 12 and 0 is possible. No clue who we'd be playing in playoff or bowl game

I said "might drop one or three" I'm including a bowl game.....12 reg season, 1 bowl....10-3. I dont know how we get there.....Its hard to predict "the game" we lose with a team unseen. Maybe its Purdue, Cinci or FSU....

I think FSU, UNC present the two largest challenges. FSU because of the timing, location (expect some home ref cooking) and untested in battle. UNC because they return their offense and have a top QB. I think Wisconsin and USC will be tough.

But without picking games, I think the low mark is 9-4 and the high mark is 11-2. I'm settled at 10-3 including the bowl.

I hope like hell this is the year we win a NC, but way too many question marks to think we will. Possible if everything breaks our way, but the reality is:
1. We’re playing with a new QB
2. Four of five of our starting OL have to be replaced
3. We lost the best blocking tight end in college who ignited our run game
4. Aside from Davis, we have almost no proven wide receiver
5. We lost our best corner, being replaced by a converted receiver; and other corner looked slow and indecisive as a freshman Who won the job halfway through the season
6. No one has stepped up to be the obvious safety to pair with Hamilton

Fall practice starts today and anxious as hell to start reading about guys stepping up. We do have a ton of talent with tremendous individual potential that can prove each of the above a strength rather than a weakness. But these are way too many question marks to predict a NC. I’ll just stick with an undefeated regular season as I think this is possible.

Might be a better chance of playoffs this year vs 22. I believe 22 has us @ Clemson and OSU. 2 incredibly tough games.....albeit certainly winnable.

I said "might drop one or three" I'm including a bowl game.....12 reg season, 1 bowl....10-3. I dont know how we get there.....Its hard to predict "the game" we lose with a team unseen. Maybe its Purdue, Cinci or FSU....

I think FSU, UNC present the two largest challenges. FSU because of the timing, location (expect some home ref cooking) and untested in battle. UNC because they return their offense and have a top QB. I think Wisconsin and USC will be tough.

But without picking games, I think the low mark is 9-4 and the high mark is 11-2. I'm settled at 10-3 including the bowl.
You're including a bowl win vs unknown opp yet.

One or three is a big difference

You're including a bowl win vs unknown opp yet.

One or three is a big difference
To be clear, UNC loses arguably the best running back tandem in the history of college football, as well as its two best receivers, all of whom were drafted. But they do return its entire offensive line, as well as 10 of 11 from the defense. And, the QB may be the best in all of college football.

To be clear, UNC loses arguably the best running back tandem in the history of college football, as well as its two best receivers, all of whom were drafted. But they do return its entire offensive line, as well as 10 of 11 from the defense. And, the QB may be the best in all of college football.
Your defense stunk last year

And North Carolina still finished 8-4. Stick to basketball.

The game was tied halfway through 3D quarter, with ND being up by 7 at the end of the 3D quarter. I admit ND shut UNC down in 2d half and that ND was better team that day. I think they are neck and neck this year, as do most other than ND homers. I get that. I have an opinion which differs from yours, but which does not differ from the one held by the unbiased. With that said, neither you nor I know how they compare until around game 3.

Last edited:
247 Sports ranks ND 10th and UNC 11th for the upcoming season. Of the 3 teams you think will defeat ND, and even giving FSU a chance, only USC is ranked ahead of UNC. I’m interested in your reasoning for not thinking ND can fall to UNC.
I think UNC possible as well. Just forgot we played them.

He already included the tight end idiot. Stop trolling me without actually reading what I’m responding to. He said besides Mayer. Dickwad.
So the best tight end in the country, 2 running backs to throw to who are good receivers, Davis and a bunch of receivers ready to break out, plus a bunch of good tight ends behind Mayer.

We have plenty of good options. You were just trolling in a different way. Got it

He already included the tight end idiot. Stop trolling me without actually reading what I’m responding to. He said besides Mayer. Dickwad.
That's a term I've not heard(never seen) since high school, maybe middle school.😂

Last edited:
I pick ND to go 12-0 because I don't see a team on our schedule we can't defeat. I saw a lot of really good players on the field during the B&G game. It will be a whole team that faces FSU. I don't see anyway FSU beats us. we will be humming by the 4th game and roll to a 12-0 season. Get'er done men. Bod's, you're not being an optimist but just right!

So the best tight end in the country, 2 running backs to throw to who are good receivers, Davis and a bunch of receivers ready to break out, plus a bunch of good tight ends behind Mayer.

We have plenty of good options. You were just trolling in a different way. Got it
The other receivers haven’t proven they’re ready to “breakout”. Time will tell. And who’s to say TR is going to play 2 back sets? I’ve argued he should. Williams has proven a great receiver. Tyree has not proven he has elite route running skills nor the blocking ability of Kyren. I like Tyree and think he will be amazing if he adds that skill. Davis had some big catches, but he’s far from Golden Tate. We need to see major improvement. That’s my point.

I pick ND to go 12-0 because I don't see a team on our schedule we can't defeat. I saw a lot of really good players on the field during the B&G game. It will be a whole team that faces FSU. I don't see anyway FSU beats us. we will be humming by the 4th game and roll to a 12-0 season. Get'er done men. Bod's, you're not being an optimist but just right!
We can go undefeated. Wr cannot beat Bama unless they have a massive amount of injuries or they forfeit. Let’s be real.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT