ADVERTISEMENT

Where are ALL the Book and Kelly haters???

You guys only come around if ND has had a bad game.

Or if Book or Kelly had a tough game.

However, after a near perfect performance, WHERE ARE YOU AT!!!!

Oh, that’s right ND should beat a team like this. Oh, that’s right ND played a JV team yesterday.

ND just pushed their home win streak to 20!!!

Second most home consecutive wins EVER!

I have said it before and I will say it again, while you negative Nancy’s wanna keep screaming the sky is falling, you are missing one of the GREATEST ND Eras in over 30 years!
Book? Is this a joke? He did what he was supposed to. Manage the game and get the hell out of the way. What game did you watch?

You mention 10 wins like it’s a given for teams to win 10 games consistently.

Without doing the math, my guess is at least 80% of D1 programs do not reach 10 wins each season.

So let’s say less than 15% of teams get at least 10 wins.

so 10 wins on a consistent basis is an elite program.

Notre Dame is an elite program. They are continually favored in the majority of their games year after year.

There are not many teams in the country right now, that I would trade places with.

Ohio State
Clemson
Bama
LSU

Sooners????
That’s four-five programs out of what? 120?

This is by far the best Notre Dame era in almost 30 years!

I am calling coaches the era:

Holtz 96’ his last season
Davie
Ty
Charlie
That’s almost 30 years
When Kelly finally beats a really good team I’ll praise him. Point to that one game outside of OU eight years ago...... You can’t. ND still hasn’t beaten a team this year that has recorded a D1A victory themselves. Chill out. You’re a lunatic.

Reactions: spenna and ohio1980
Book? Is this a joke? He did what he was supposed to. Manage the game and get the hell out of the way. What game did you watch?

If getting the hell out of the way means running into the endzone I will take it ! His three rushing TD's before halftime broke the Notre Dame record for qb rushing TDs before the half.

Reactions: spenna and Pennick4
When Kelly finally beats a really good team I’ll praise him. Point to that one game outside of OU eight years ago...... You can’t. ND still hasn’t beaten a team this year that has recorded a D1A victory themselves. Chill out. You’re a lunatic.

The Irish beating ninth rank USC 49 to 14 in 2017 ! next !

As your best friend in the whole world Bodi, I'm just trying to keep you from making even more bad predictions. That's my promise to you. Let the darn thing play out. Ian will prove himself or not. Slugging away, throwing wild haymakers at every opposing opinion kind of makes your thoughts sound kind of like it's coming from Jim Ignatowski. Just trying to help you out bro. Thank me later.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
Wrong

Reactions: Bodizephax
As your best friend in the whole world Bodi, I'm just trying to keep you from making even more bad predictions. That's my promise to you. Let the darn thing play out. Ian will prove himself or not. Slugging away, throwing wild haymakers at every opposing opinion kind of makes your thoughts sound kind of like it's coming from Jim Ignatowski. Just trying to help you out bro. Thank me later.
. I have been making predictions since I have been on this site. What makes you think I am going to change the way I do things just because a Old Namedropping windbag like yourself tells me to.
I get the sense you are a little jealous of the Great Bodester.

Reactions: Pennick4
He did why he is supposed to???

Great!!!

That’s why you want your starting QB to do. Go out and do what your supposed to do.

As a coach, as a fan, can you ask for anything more?

Reactions: d1042
. I have been making predictions since I have been on this site. What makes you think I am going to change the way I do things just because a Old Namedropping windbag like yourself tells me to.
I get the sense you are a little jealous of the Great Bodester.
Bad predictions is not something to boast about. Keep on keeping on. Don't stop making predictions. Don't ever change that. Just try to be right every once in awhile. As your best friend, it pains me to have to say it so bluntly.

yep! trophy case is full of team honors!
consider this, if UM had the same record and the same record in the nationally significant games,
would you still be touting their great era? (ND has the advantage of not playing tOSU every year)
You’re opinions are irrelevant at this point. You’ve made it clear: You dislike all things ND and Kelly. You chop them down at every turn. Be objective for once.

Why is it so damn important for you to degrade other Irish players to try and prove your point? BQ, JC, and Dayne. You even threw Lou into the mix in an attempt to drive it all home. You can comment all over the board in all the bold type from here until the end of times, but no one will be convinced until Ian himself proves that he can beat an elite team. Insulting former Irish players is childish and makes your argument go nowhere fast. Ian's a big boy. He shouldn't need some random poster to argue in his favor every two seconds on a message board. He needs to prove it himself. Everyone is pulling for him. No one wants Ian or anyone else to fail.
Book has big wins. Is elite only: Bama, OSU, Clemson, Oklahoma?

He’s beaten LSU....

Reactions: Zorich 88
Bodi the man child. I'm not ever going to place you on ignore. I'll always be around. You are my best friend in the whole world. "Notre Dame has been doing poorly in big games SINCE early .Holtz". Not sure what the extra period is for. If that statement is yours, then that statement is not accurate. You must of missed the countless times I said that we all want Ian to be successful. He doesn't need your endless exhausting rants to prove he is a great college QB. He should prove it himself on the field. Stay tuned. The season is young.
In fairness, many posters using smart phones. Grammatical errors are going to happen....

In fairness, many posters using smart phones. Grammatical errors are going to happen....
It's more of a punctuation error. In all fairness, I made no criticism of the extra punctuation. I just mentioned that I wasn't sure what the extra period was for. It's all about nothing and I find it strange that two people have mentioned it. Sometimes fans around here highlight and focus on the weirdest stuff.

Reactions: IrishMike409
“.... I have been making predictions since I have been on this site. What makes you think I am going to change the way I do things....”

and basically those predictions are ‘copy-paste’. Like the homeless man that roams the streets predicting the end of the world, sooner or later both will be right!

“.... I have been making predictions since I have been on this site. What makes you think I am going to change the way I do things....”

and basically those predictions are ‘copy-paste’. Like the homeless man that roams the streets predicting the end of the world, sooner or later both will be right!

The Irish winning a National Championship would be the end of the World for you, Purse.

:D :D

remember your ‘melt down’? you wanted everyone fired! From the hot dog venders to the the entire athletic department! Your intolerance would seem a bit hypocritical, no?

remember your ‘melt down’? you wanted everyone fired! From the hot dog venders to the the entire athletic department! Your intolerance would seem a bit hypocritical, no?
I’ve been following the board for 15 years- I don’t remember that.

Reactions: Bodizephax
I don’t personally think arm strength is an issue for Book. You cite one good example, and we’ve seen him make some great difficult throws rolling left or right that testify to good arm strength. That said, Book is so risk adverse that he won’t pull the trigger until he sees real separation, and he simply shies away from over the top passes. He played well yesterday, but he had great protection and all day to make his passes, a luxury we won’t enjoy against Pitt or N Carolina St or Clemson, etc... Still hoping we see significant improvement, mostly mental in nature.
His arm talent is average. He can hit a deep ball if he gets his feet right and steps into it, but he is incapable of hitting anything past 25 yards on the reg under less than ideal situations.

Reactions: Golson5
I’m right here.

Book still isn’t a quality QB. ND still struggled at times yesterday in short yardage. Luckily they were playing a team so absolutely terrible they can run up the score.

I’ll make a deal with you. For every good play you give me yesterday about Book. I will compare it against a bad play against Michigan last year. Or Clemson the year before.

and you let me know how impressed you are that Book beat a team they were favored by 25 over before kickoff.

Now the defense. I was impressed with. Just as I was last week. That defense could be so very, very special

I’m right here.

Book still isn’t a quality QB. ND still struggled at times yesterday in short yardage. Luckily they were playing a team so absolutely terrible they can run up the score.

I’ll make a deal with you. For every good play you give me yesterday about Book. I will compare it against a bad play against Michigan last year. Or Clemson the year before.

and you let me know how impressed you are that Book beat a team they were favored by 25 over before kickoff.

Now the defense. I was impressed with. Just as I was last week. That defense could be so very, very special

The Irish converted almost every short yardage play Saturday. What game were you watching?

Have you ever said anything good about the Irish team? That is not intolerance. That is a question. And why did you stop posting as Perseverance? Why must you hide?

Consider-yourself very lucky, and say a prayer for the other patients in Bodi’s psych ward!
He‘s enough to drive then nuts, (if they-weren’t already nuts!). The nurses aids ask for xtra pay on Saturdays!

His arm talent is average. He can hit a deep ball if he gets his feet right and steps into it, but he is incapable of hitting anything past 25 yards on the reg under less than ideal situations.

Maybe, but I"m not so sure. I'm only responding because yours is one of the few non-bonkers posts in this thread that is flush with haters who are feeling their oats for some reason, even though we just got through winning 52-0. I guess because Book's stats weren't anything special, so it's a good time as ever to really thrash him, before he has a big game!

I would definitely agree that his 'arm talent' is nothing special. He is just not that gifted a passer, and that was obvious from the start, from the first time he got extended minutes. Personally, I don't think he'll be back next year. I just don't, unless we make the playoff. BK may like Book, but not as much as the haters think. He's a QB that our coach knows he can win with. And that's why he's starting. Playing PJ came with more risk.

In any case, the Book hating is disturbing. It makes me think something terrible is about to happen in the world. Like the way wild animals can sort of tell when something's about to go down. For human beings, with our big brains that are always running a mile a minute, it's this sort of agitation, this baseless agitation that has overtaken so many of our more weak-minded fans. We're headed for something awful, and this mania for hating on Ian Book, who is nothing more than a journeyman college QB who happens to be doing very well for himself, is a telltale sign.

And I also agree that he is risk-averse and very much temperamentally conservative. And that's probably why, his pedestrian arm talent doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in oneself. So playing it safe most of the time is the smart move.

Maybe, but I"m not so sure. I'm only responding because yours is one of the few non-bonkers posts in this thread that is flush with haters who are feeling their oats for some reason, even though we just got through winning 52-0. I guess because Book's stats weren't anything special, so it's a good time as ever to really thrash him, before he has a big game!

I would definitely agree that his 'arm talent' is nothing special. He is just not that gifted a passer, and that was obvious from the start, from the first time he got extended minutes. Personally, I don't think he'll be back next year. I just don't, unless we make the playoff. BK may like Book, but not as much as the haters think. He's a QB that our coach knows he can win with. And that's why he's starting. Playing PJ came with more risk.

In any case, the Book hating is disturbing. It makes me think something terrible is about to happen in the world. Like the way wild animals can sort of tell when something's about to go down. For human beings, with our big brains that are always running a mile a minute, it's this sort of agitation, this baseless agitation that has overtaken so many of our more weak-minded fans. We're headed for something awful, and this mania for hating on Ian Book, who is nothing more than a journeyman college QB who happens to be doing very well for himself, is a telltale sign.

And I also agree that he is risk-averse and very much temperamentally conservative. And that's probably why, his pedestrian arm talent doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in oneself. So playing it safe most of the time is the smart move.
The guy damn near guarantees us 10 wins. Why wouldn’t he come back next year? If he has pro aspirations, another year could only help. I’m sure BK and Rees would love to have him back, while the young guys continue to develop.

Maybe he wants to go forward with a career outside of football. Use the ND degree to make a ton of money and hopefully have a great life.

Either way, when he’s gone....we’ll miss his consistency. Too many fans take Ian Book for granted because he’s not Trevor Lawrence.

The guy damn near guarantees us 10 wins. Why wouldn’t he come back next year? If he has pro aspirations, another year could only help. I’m sure BK and Rees would love to have him back, while the young guys continue to develop.

Maybe he wants to go forward with a career outside of football. Use the ND degree to make a ton of money and hopefully have a great life.

Either way, when he’s gone....we’ll miss his consistency. Too many fans take Ian Book for granted because he’s not Trevor Lawrence.
I like Book but I think it's best that he leaves after this year. The young guys need their shot and hes been here 5 years

I’m right here.

The Michigan game ? Are you that obtuse ?

I’ll take your bet on Clemson.
How quickly you forgot all of the dropped passes.

Add them in as completions and his stats are very good against the best team in the country

I like Book but I think it's best that he leaves after this year. The young guys need their shot and hes been here 5 years
Is there reason for concern next season? We’ll have a new OL and maybe a new, unproven, young QB....

Weis never went 10 and 2. His best record was 10 and 3. And never won double digits other than that

Who’s the tallest midget again comparisons. BK win the big game and you’ll be revered. BK has developed the Irish to be a B plus program. Need a signature prime time win.

Who are the top 5 programs in the country?

I do not mean the current top 5. I mean the five programs that have been most successful in the past 3-5 seasons

Bama
Clemson
LSU
Ohio State
Notre Dame
The Michigan game ? Are you that obtuse ?

I’ll take your bet on Clemson.
How quickly you forgot all of the dropped passes.

Add them in as completions and his stats are very good against the best team in the country
not a quality QB???

What are you saying???

Are you saying Book is trash???

I mean, you can say he is not great but come on, not a quality QB????

"Book opted to return for his senior season, and he will add to his total of 57 career touchdowns with the Irish. Book is 20-3 as a starter, a record that is underappreciated given the pressure of playing that position at Notre Dame under Brian Kelly."

Book completed 60.2% of his 399 pass attempts in 2019, throwing for 3,034 yards and 34 touchdowns while getting intercepted just six times. Book also rushed for 546 yards and four more touchdowns. If you think these stats are not at least quality, then you should find a new team to cheer for.

Who’s the tallest midget again comparisons. BK win the big game and you’ll be revered. BK has developed the Irish to be a B plus program. Need a signature prime time win.

he needs to win more than 1 big game at this point! 11 friggin years and you would give him a pass with 1 W ?

Who are the top 5 programs in the country?

I do not mean the current top 5. I mean the five programs that have been most successful in the past 3-5 seasons

Bama
Clemson
LSU
Ohio State
Notre Dame

not a quality QB???

What are you saying???

Are you saying Book is trash???

I mean, you can say he is not great but come on, not a quality QB????

"Book opted to return for his senior season, and he will add to his total of 57 career touchdowns with the Irish. Book is 20-3 as a starter, a record that is underappreciated given the pressure of playing that position at Notre Dame under Brian Kelly."

Book completed 60.2% of his 399 pass attempts in 2019, throwing for 3,034 yards and 34 touchdowns while getting intercepted just six times. Book also rushed for 546 yards and four more touchdowns. If you think these stats are not at least quality, then you should find a new team to cheer for.
We're not top 5. Oklahoma and Georgia have been better. Top 10, yes

s psych ward!
He‘s enough to drive then nuts, (if they-weren’t already nuts!). The nurses aids ask for xtra pay on Saturdays!
[/QUOTE]

I may be crazy, true. But I am crazy for the Irish not the trojans ! And the nurses ask for extra pay on Saturday because they all want to party with me !:D:D:D:D:D
[/QUOTE]
You need to shut the hell up and go back to your day job of flipping burgers and getting the fries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT