ADVERTISEMENT

When is the next Shamrock Series game?

Dec 29, 2005
I did a Google search, actually a Duck Duck Go search and not an intense one at that, but I didn’t see anything on future games in the series.

I know it’s not a yearly affair from past Coach Kelly comments but do any of you know when the next one is?

I looked at future schedules and none of them had a shamrock series next to them.

I love seeing the alternate uniforms personally.

thanks in advance.

Rip Big Lou aka Irish Chocolate, Godspeed big fella.

I thought the Wisconsin series was that for both years, but could be incorrect though.

Any word on if Wiscy is being rescheduled?

Have they conceded that 2021 will be a normal season??

Awesome TXND

But seriously folks, Cactus League baseball is already proceeding with modest crowd restriction. Barring a covid-variant epidemic, this will be over well before summer.

Personally I think the Shamrock Series ends up being a waste of time in terms of recruiting. The goal is to get student-athletes on campus to show them the Notre Dame experience. Playing in Boston, San Antonio, etcetera just doesn't cut it. Also I understand that at the Shamrock Series you may not be able to have recruits on your Sidelines. What a waste. Well I get the idea of a Shamrock Series when it's done on United States soil is to bring Notre Dame to other areas that may not get Notre Dame, it ends up being a massive expense, and I'm not sure we get the end product which is Top Flight super athletes from this game.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Personally I think the Shamrock Series ends up being a waste of time in terms of recruiting. The goal is to get student-athletes on campus to show them the Notre Dame experience. Playing in Boston, San Antonio, etcetera just doesn't cut it. Also I understand that at the Shamrock Series you may not be able to have recruits on your Sidelines. What a waste. Well I get the idea of a Shamrock Series when it's done on United States soil is to bring Notre Dame to other areas that may not get Notre Dame, it ends up being a massive expense, and I'm not sure we get the end product which is Top Flight super athletes from this game.

I couldn't agree more. ND is a special place, yet we choose to play home games in all of these other places. I have never understood it.

I couldn't agree more. ND is a special place, yet we choose to play home games in all of these other places. I have never understood it.
The NBC Contract is for seven 'home games' that they pay to broadcast. The point of comparison is San Antonio once vs South Bend #7. I don't think it makes a major difference and the only thing I would change is to clamp down on the alt-unis.

I have never understood the appeal of playing college football games in NFL stadiums—-missing all the pageantry and uniqueness of college football on a college campus. Like making a point of traveling to Toronto for Mardi Gras instead of New Orleans.

The NBC Contract is for seven 'home games' that they pay to broadcast. The point of comparison is San Antonio once vs South Bend #7. I don't think it makes a major difference and the only thing I would change is to clamp down on the alt-unis.

Disagree. I think the point of comparison is the Notre Dame campus and Notre Dame Stadium v. some pro stadium. And there is no comparison, IMO.

Shamrock or not, I hope we have VERY few neutral site games in the future. It makes sense with the overall schedule once in a blue moon, but mostly it ends up robbing us of the chance to schedule more fantastic home and home series like the recent ones with Texas and Georgia. Speaking of which - we still have a hole in our 2026/2027 schedules waiting to be filled. Let's get Oregon on the phone!

Shamrock or not, I hope we have VERY few neutral site games in the future. It makes sense with the overall schedule once in a blue moon, but mostly it ends up robbing us of the chance to schedule more fantastic home and home series like the recent ones with Texas and Georgia. Speaking of which - we still have a hole in our 2026/2027 schedules waiting to be filled. Let's get Oregon on the phone!

Not to mention the home and home with Florida which was just announced last month. I wouldn't mind a trip to Autzen.

Those schools want to have their 7th or 8th home game as well. I don't think the SS affects our ability to schedule them.

ADVERTISEMENT