ADVERTISEMENT

What game would you start book??? Think about it

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
You guys that are screaming for Book to be named the stater need to think about what your wishing for.

It will not be as easy as you might think.

You have seen only ONE DC prepare a game plan for Book. That was NC. Book looked rough to say the least.
Go ahead and say it was his first start.

But I have a question for you. When do you want to name him the starter?

Against Stanford? Talk about being rattled and nervous against NC. Give David Shaw and company time to game plan against Book that will get ugly fast.

Or against VT? At VT on a Saturday night? Need I say more?

Now your into week 7.

He couldn't even hold up against WF on the road.

Book had his shot to start during the off season. Next season he won't even be second string. Phil J. will be the starter or second string behind BW.

Be carful what you wish for.

I’m not asking for wimbush to be benched but you’ve gotta stop w/ the BS that book didn’t play well against unc in his one start. Its debatable at best, yet you’re hanging your argument on it. His two INTs were nothing to be alarmed about. One was a bomb from his own end zone where finke gets pulled down before the ball gets there, leaving the db to easily make the play. Ended up like a decent punt. The other looked like he thought smythe would turn inside instead of outside, another easily made mistake w/ a first time redshirt frosh qb in his first start. He also made some nice runs on some keepers and threw the ball on the run a couple times nicely. We get it, you think book sucks, but don’t tell us as if it’s a foregone conclusion that “it was rough to say the least”. It wasn’t a bad game at all for him. I don’t know how good he can be and am not clamoring for him to start but he’s been pretty good so far in his appearances. Not great, just pretty good for a young, inexperienced qb.

Reactions: mbd11
You guys that are screaming for Book to be named the stater need to think about what your wishing for.

You have seen only ONE DC prepare a game plan for Book. That was NC. Book looked rough to say the least.

Against Stanford? Talk about being rattled and nervous against NC. Give David Shaw and company time to game plan against Book that will get ugly fast.

Now your into week 7.

Book had his shot to start during the off season. Next season he won't even be second string. Phil J. will be the starter or second string behind BW.

Absolutely positively damn absurd.

NC game...shit weather. He had one week to prepare as a starter and I would be willing to bet he didn't even get the typical starter reps.

He threw the ball better in that game than BW throws on a 65 degree evening with low humidity.

BW can make an explosive play yes...but let's not tag him like he's taking the ball 50 yards on the ground to the endzone.

Want to know why he had that huge game against Boston College?? They hadn't seen enough of him so Boston College was playing the pass..

Now...nobody respects his throwing. It's exactly why he doesn't have long runs when he does take off now.

He has 49 attempts and 136 yards.

A 2.8 yard per carry average.

So I ask you this...

If he isn't helping the offense passing, obviously he's not setting the turf afire rushing this year...

Then WTF is going on??

Don't answer that... We all love a fall south bend soap opera mystery.

If ND uses BW correctly, then in no way should Book see the field. And that is not a knock on Book. But if Chip Long would stop trying to make BW a pro style pocket passer, & just call a game that lets BW showcase his skills, then BW can be explosive. I personally think that Long is trying too hard to look smart instead of just doing what works. I think that is why BK said in the post game presser that ND needed to run plays that have been working.

If ND uses BW correctly, then in no way should Book see the field. And that is not a knock on Book. But if Chip Long would stop trying to make BW a pro style pocket passer,..
I think that is why BK said in the post game presser that ND needed to run plays that have been working.
Well no shit Brian Kelly. Let's use the plays that work. Holy revelation batman.

Also don't think for a second this is all on long.

BK's offense since being here is always like this. He can't help himself from loving to throw the ball. He can't. Seriously. He just can't.

Reactions: Java65
Well no shit Brian Kelly. Let's use the plays that work. Holy revelation batman.

Also don't think for a second this is all on long.

BK's offense since being here is always like this. He can't help himself from loving to throw the ball. He can't. Seriously. He just can't.

That was the quote from Brian Kelly himself. After the Vandy game in the presser. Said they need to get back to plays that have been working instead of getting too cute on offense.
Read more & complain less & you would know that. Shocker you once again don’t know what’s going on...LOL

P.S. Book is in on Saturday vs WF as the co-starter. But you probably knew that last week? LOL

You can try to argue it all you want but the fact (yes it's a fact to anyone who is open minded and honest) Wimbush is not a QB. It's not that he's a poor QB, he really is not a QB.

In nearly every QB attribute Wimbush fails, the lone exception is arm strength.
Pre and post snap reads - F
Pocket awareness - F
Decision making - F
Accuracy - F
Touch - F
Arm Strength - A

He ranks near the bottom in nearly every statistical category. Book may not be a great QB but he's a QB.

You can try to argue it all you want but the fact (yes it's a fact to anyone who is open minded and honest) Wimbush is not a QB. It's not that he's a poor QB, he really is not a QB.

Pocket awareness - F
Decision making - F
Accuracy - F
Touch - F
Arm Strength - A

He ranks near the bottom in nearly every statistical category. Book may not be a great QB but he's a QB.

How about wins & losses?
Total offense?

Even with below average passing stats he ranks top 40 in the nation in offensive efficiency because of his rushing stats.
Kid averages around 275 yards per game (rushing & passing) & has 35 TDS & 13 TOs & a 12-3 record, 5-3 vs ranked teams, in his career.

How about wins & losses?
Total offense?

Even with below average passing stats he ranks top 40 in the nation in offensive efficiency because of his rushing stats.
Kid averages around 275 yards per game (rushing & passing) & has 35 TDS & 13 TOs & a 12-3 record, 5-3 vs ranked teams, in his career.
ND is tied for 103rd in scoring offense. Their offense is terrible and Wimbush is a big reason why. As I said, he's not a QB and that's a fact.

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and 88ND
That was the quote from Brian Kelly himself. After the Vandy game in the presser. Said they need to get back to plays that have been working instead of getting too cute on offense.
Read more & complain less & you would know that. Shocker you once again don’t know what’s going on...LOL

P.S. Book is in on Saturday vs WF as the co-starter. But you probably knew that last week? LOL
Lol...

Incredible that once again comprehension eludes you.

#1 I know that's what he said...

#2 being sarcastic about his dumbass comment just like winning being hard, and another coat of paint, etc.

#3 most importantly
..you obviously have no idea WTF and HTF QB is to be played. Zero clue.

But you think you do which makes you twice as ignorant.

Wimbush is NOT a QB. Not under Brian Kelly anyways.

It takes a special person to thrive under his bullshit to the likes we haven't seen yet. They all regress.

BW might be good in a Tom Osborne offense or Lou Holtz....

Drop back passing he is not. Rollimg out he is not. Short touch throws are his worst.

If you knew any of this you'd quit with the square peg round hole rhetoric.

BW ....
IS
NOT
A

Quarterback!!

Thanks, appreciate it,
Have a great day

Now your into week 7.

Agreed, if a defense can plan on Book starting I think it's a different story At this point I like the two QB stradegy. Obviously Wimbush will not get us to the playoffs or a decent bowl himself

I would have started Book last week vs Vandy. The UM game earned BW the start vs Ball State. The Ball State game earned Book the start vs Vanderbilt.

Pocket awareness - F
Decision making - F
Accuracy - F
Touch - F
Arm Strength - A

Do you think he has greater arm strength than Cole Kmet?

Now your into week 7.

Shouldnt be considered until wimbush loses. Results are more important than optics.

I guess you start him Saturday against Wake. This is game #4...once of them can still transfer and only have to sit out the rest of the year with the new red shirt rule.

Now your into week 7.

Be quiet. You’re always wrong.

Reactions: Zorich 88

Now your into week 7.

I would start him against Wake and see if we can wake up echos

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT