ADVERTISEMENT

What does Gilmore have against ND

NCDomer1

I've posted how many times?
Sep 23, 2005
I was watching some other game last night and he went on about what happens if Cleamson beats ND by 4 TDs or quote mops the floor with ND now that they have their QB back. There is not much of a drop off between DJ and Lawrence. I believe DJ threw for 400 yards. It would hurt him personally to see ND in the playoffs even though the game day crew has changed their way of thinking including a wolverine fan.
If anything, the first game gave ND a huge burst of confidence in beating Cleamson.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
You mean Rod Gilmore, I like him. He's one of my favorite color guys. Mainly because he's chill. I'm not interested in football expertise, I just want guys who are not annoying to have to listen to.

But he was doggin' on ND, eh? That's not good....

Seriously, you guys get upset over what announcers say. And yet, can you imagine what we'd be saying if we were without our starting all-world quarterback and three or four defensive starters for that game?

Notre Dame played a great game against Clemson. But DJ, making only his second start, threw for more yards than anyone else ever has against ND. Maybe Lawrence wouldn't have thrown for that amount, but maybe he wouldn/t have had to, either. We don't know. But the fact remains that to outsiders, Clemson was handicapped in that game. If we beat them head to head with their best on the field, that would go a long way toward silencing the detractors.. And if you haven't noticed already, many people are talking up this team as being for real.

Reactions: Kelso86
I was watching some other game last night and he went on about what happens if Cleamson beats ND by 4 TDs or quote mops the floor with ND now that they have their QB back. There is not much of a drop off between DJ and Lawrence. I believe DJ threw for 400 yards. It would hurt him personally to see ND in the playoffs even though the game day crew has changed their way of thinking including a wolverine fan.
If anything, the first game gave ND a huge burst of confidence in beating Cleamson.
And I thought you were talking about Happy Gilmore

Seriously, you guys get upset over what announcers say. And yet, can you imagine what we'd be saying if we were without our starting all-world quarterback and three or four defensive starters for that game?

Notre Dame played a great game against Clemson. But DJ, making only his second start, threw for more yards than anyone else ever has against ND. Maybe Lawrence wouldn't have thrown for that amount, but maybe he wouldn/t have had to, either. We don't know. But the fact remains that to outsiders, Clemson was handicapped in that game. If we beat them head to head with their best on the field, that would go a long way toward silencing the detractors.. And if you haven't noticed already, many people are talking up this team as being for real.

Huh, what the heck are you talking about? I am not following you.

Oh right! I'm sorry, you mean what good reason could Rod Gilmore possibly have for dogging on ND. And he's got one! That being how Clemson was missing all their top stars and whatnot... I don't really care, it doesn't bother me at all. Not coming from the smooth sounds of Mr. Rod Gilmore, probably the most easygoing out of ESPN'S stable of color commentators. Perfect for PAC-10 broadcasts.

Though there are a few guys where it could kind of annoy me, most of them actually. But not Rod Gilmore, he's nice and chill.

I thought you meant Artis Gilmore. Never heard of that guy, did you say Rod? The only Rod I know is an idiot. ND will beat Clemson with or without their starting QB. Go Irish!!!

Reactions: NDapolisDS
Hate to say it, but it is very difficult to beat a quality opponent twice in one season. The rematch may not be what we are hoping for. Clemson will have their QB back, but more importantly, they will have their defense intact. They are going to load the box a great deal (and maybe they won't need to with the talent they were missing in 1st game back on the field) and take away the run (just like NC did). Our receivers will not get separation from Clemson DB's. I think ND does not score more than 17 points. Unless the defense gets a lot of turnovers and plays the game of their lives, I don't see us winning this game and possibly getting blown out.

I am not being negative. I think Kelly has done a tremendous job and I love this team. I just don't think we are quite there yet in regards to talent. I am hoping for the best.

Gilmore has a problem with Roger Waters also.

ADVERTISEMENT