ADVERTISEMENT

Well -- looks like it is official

Good for Tommy. Saban, and his process, is about as good as it gets. OC at Notre Dame and Alabama? Not a bad resume-builder if you can get it. His next stop will be HC at a Power 5 school. Also has a chance to beat his old boss, who doesn't love that opportunity?

Reactions: BGI User 756
The departure of the purple-faced lunatic was a 2021 Christmas gift that will keep on giving thoughout eternity. The now-assured departure of his protege is just a follow-on gift that came much earlier than most feared it would, and thankfully so, for him and for ND. Finally the stench of the BK "system" is drifting out of town. For Rees, it's an opportunity to learn at the foot of the accepted modern day CFB head coaching GOAT, while likely being exposed to much more experienced offensive assistant coaches and analysts, which will help him scrub that stench from his own memory banks (hopefully for him). Last year, after being hired as OC, BEFORE Freeman was hired as HC, Rees refused to accept an experienced offensive analyst being added to the staff to help mentor him. Saban will not tolerate that degree of pig-headedness (inherited from Kelly) from Rees, and Rees will benefit as a result. ND now gets to hire an OC with experience OUTSIDE the Kelly coaching twig, and gain immensely from that, in addition to continuing to elevate its overall recruiting and QB coaching. That's called a "win-win," for everyone.

The Kelly hate is real, lol. Kelly is going to win a national title at LSU. I’m sorry but it’s going to happen. Also I can think of a few reasons why Saban would be tougher to work for. He does seem to have a huge turnover within his staff. Now that you mention it Kelly can be just as abrasive as Saban but my main point was that Rees played and coached under Brian Kelly. Remember?
Yeah sure, big game Brian will win a NC, LMFAO. Saban is great coach, bk a good one.

Reactions: NIN Irish
The departure of the purple-faced lunatic was a 2021 Christmas gift that will keep on giving thoughout eternity. The now-assured departure of his protege is just a follow-on gift that came much earlier than most feared it would, and thankfully so, for him and for ND. Finally the stench of the BK "system" is drifting out of town. For Rees, it's an opportunity to learn at the foot of the accepted modern day CFB head coaching GOAT, while likely being exposed to much more experienced offensive assistant coaches and analysts, which will help him scrub that stench from his own memory banks (hopefully for him). Last year, after being hired as OC, BEFORE Freeman was hired as HC, Rees refused to accept an experienced offensive analyst being added to the staff to help mentor him. Saban will not tolerate that degree of pig-headedness (inherited from Kelly) from Rees, and Rees will benefit as a result. ND now gets to hire an OC with experience OUTSIDE the Kelly coaching twig, and gain immensely from that, in addition to continuing to elevate its overall recruiting and QB coaching. That's called a "win-win," for everyone.
Sad comment on todays society that such mentally unbalanced people are not locked up.

TR has a wealth of football knowledge and jmo, but the more distant the BK philosophy is in his mind the more creative he can be. BK was a control freak. TR became a puppet of the BK pitch/putt offense and once that flushes out of his system he can be his own man. Time will tell.

Reactions: PHJIndy
TR has a wealth of football knowledge and jmo, but the more distant the BK philosophy is in his mind the more creative he can be. BK was a control freak. TR became a puppet of the BK pitch/putt offense and once that flushes out of his system he can be his own man. Time will tell.
This moves him closer to Kelly so the emails and phone calls will travel faster to each other

Alabama contends or wins a National Championship every year and is being coached by one of the greatest college football head coaches in history. ND hasn't won a thing in 34 years and is coached by a 2nd year coach who went 8-4 last year. This is not exactly a brain buster.
On the other hand, no way to go but down at Alabama. Opportunity at ND is better for the right guy who knows how to get it done. Tommy has more to learn and no one to learn from at ND.

On the other hand, no way to go but down at Alabama. Opportunity at ND is better for the right guy who knows how to get it done. Tommy has more to learn and no one to learn from at ND.
He’s not going to learn offense from saban, he’ll learn how to better run a program with the best

Reactions: NDinNJ
It's not a slap in the face to BK. There's no disrespect and loss of face to BK that can be gleaned from this series of events that can gloated over and passed around by BK-hating ND fans. But it's noted that you immediately gravitated towards such an idea.....
Well, he did decline to follow Kelly to LSU, only to jump to join Saban (Kelly's new archrival) a year later. So I think that could be construed as a slap in the face to Kelly.

Kelly doesn't win a NC you pay to a charity of my choosing

Kelly wins one, I pay
I'll take that action as well. I donate to St. Jude all the time, so there's my charity.

Realistically, LSU will fire Kelly sooner rather than later. The longer he misses on a championship the shorter his tenure gets.

Reactions: NIN Irish
Ok I’m glad you brought this up and maybe it’s already been covered but wth changed in a years time?

Brian Kelly, his current boss, leaves for LSU and offers Rees a huge raise as his OC. Rees declines.

Alabama offers Rees a huge raise as his OC, Rees accepts.

There has to be more to the story.
Working for a better coach not enough?

The Kelly hate is real, lol. Kelly is going to win a national title at LSU. I’m sorry but it’s going to happen. Also I can think of a few reasons why Saban would be tougher to work for. He does seem to have a huge turnover within his staff. Now that you mention it Kelly can be just as abrasive as Saban but my main point was that Rees played and coached under Brian Kelly. Remember?
I don't hate Big Bri...I think he was just what we needed at the time...and you may be right...I mean Ed Orgeron won at LSU, and if he can, ANYONE can...but I would not bet on Kelly ever winning a title there, unless Saban, Smart, Sweeney all retire at once...he's just not good enough a coach to get over the hump

Hence, the move.....it's not rocket surgery

Well, he did decline to follow Kelly to LSU, only to jump to join Saban (Kelly's new archrival) a year later. So I think that could be construed as a slap in the face to Kelly.
WTF are you talking about? You guys really have perverse souls, I hate to break it to you. I wonder how you would score on a Rorschach test given what you see in situations that is so not naturally applicable. And your lust for belittling BK, it just oozes out of you. And it's so visible and so conspicuous, surely you realize how transparent your are, and yet you can't help yourself. And you just can't stop...

BK, on the crest of a sterling CFB career that needs no recapitulation is hired by LSU, who breaks the bank in order to hire him, and then a year later, his protege, TR, who would be nothing, who literally might not even be in coaching at all if not for BK but who has nevertheless thrived under BK's tutelage and mentorship when he probably ought not to have, given what a mediocre talent TR appears to be through and through at least IMO..... Certainly as a player and an athlete, and I've personally never been particularly impressed by his intelligence or character. And yet he's done so well for himself, indisputably on account of learning almost exclusively at BK's feet first as a player then as a young coach, that now he as well is being hired off by the nation's premiere, elite, hegemonic CFB conference, this time by the truly imperious institution that is the Alabama football program under Nick Saban. And there couldn't be a greater validation of BK's coaching excellence than that....

But in your gross little world, BK is only to be loathed, disrespected and spat upon, when viewed in any light, and any time you need to make any sense of anything, any scenario in which BK is a part, like the fact that TR just got hired by Nick Saban, you are invariably inclined to explain it away with the most improbable, illogical nonsense, so long as it includes portraying BK unfavorably. In fact only viewing it so nonsensically in order to denigrate BK as much as the circumstances might allow....

Anyway, you guys are sick in the effin' head. And I don't mean you're just jerks trying to get a rise out of people, doing it for the LULZ and BK is your little foil for that. You're legimiately effed up. Because that's pathological behavior....

Reactions: notredamerises23
WTF are you talking about? You guys really have perverse souls, I hate to break it to you. I wonder how you would score on a Rorschach test given what you see in situations that is so not naturally applicable. And your lust for belittling BK, it just oozes out of you. And it's so visible and so conspicuous, surely you realize how transparent your are, and yet you can't help yourself. And you just can't stop...

BK, on the crest of a sterling CFB career that needs no recapitulation is hired by LSU, who breaks the bank in order to hire him, and then a year later, his protege, TR, who would be nothing, who literally might not even be in coaching at all if not for BK but who has nevertheless thrived under BK's tutelage and mentorship when he probably ought not to have, given what a mediocre talent TR appears to be through and through at least IMO..... Certainly as a player and an athlete, and I've personally never been particularly impressed by his intelligence or character. And yet he's done so well for himself, indisputably on account of learning almost exclusively at BK's feet first as a player then as a young coach, that now he as well is being hired off by the nation's premiere, elite, hegemonic CFB conference, this time by the truly imperious institution that is the Alabama football program under Nick Saban. And there couldn't be a greater validation of BK's coaching excellence than that....

But in your gross little world, BK is only to be loathed, disrespected and spat upon, when viewed in any light, and any time you need to make any sense of anything, any scenario in which BK is a part, like the fact that TR just got hired by Nick Saban, you are invariably inclined to explain it away with the most improbable, illogical nonsense, so long as it includes portraying BK unfavorably. In fact only viewing it so nonsensically in order to denigrate BK as much as the circumstances might allow....

Anyway, you guys are sick in the effin' head. And I don't mean you're just jerks trying to get a rise out of people, doing it for the LULZ and BK is your little foil for that. You're legimiately effed up. Because that's pathological behavior....
Oh STFU. We are all tired of your dribble. If you love and admire BK just go follow him at LSU and cheer him on . No reason for you to be on this forum since your love for BK clearly exceeds your love for ND.

Ok, now I'm convinced, you must be related to Kelly somehow. You're way too emotionally invested in him. Why don't you just go join the LSU boards?

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ and Golson5
Ok, now I'm convinced, you must be related to Kelly somehow. You're way to emotionally invested in him. Why don't you just go join the LSU boards?
yep! left behind-to do ‘cleanup’

Reactions: mbd11
really? you’re thinking we are a bunch of twerks? wrong!

It’s not about being super sad we lost Rees. It’s about a continuous pattern of losing our guys to the SEC. We are becoming less and less relevant. There was a time when it would’ve been unthinkable.
It would only have been unthinkable because years ago, nobody paid any heed to changes among the assistant coaches. Plus, I'd argue there was more stability. Being an assistant coach has morphed into something a little less glamorous than being a rock star.

10 years? The 2014 QB coach at ND became the head coach of the Green Bay Packers in 2019. Get real. TR will be a head coach at the elite D1 level or NFL in 3-4 years.
If freeman is successful, ND won't be in the market I'm 3-4 years.

Moron.

How long until ESPN crowns him as the games next offensive mastermind now that he is in the SEC and at Bama?
If bama an offense is best in the country next year he’ll deserve kudos. I honestly think NDs should be better

Last edited:
TR needs to put the BK era and image in his past and become his own man. That will make a world of difference in his success.

Yeah that must mean he's better. With that retarded logic I guess Matt Eberflus(Bears) is a better coach than Belichick since Bears beat NE this year.

Triggered easily and in response to a factual sentence. It has you using slurs and spittal coming from your mouth. Lay down and tell me, what did Brian Kelly do to you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT