ADVERTISEMENT

Well Coached ND Team

It was a nice win but MSU is neither ranked or elite. I think we handle most of the teams the rest of the way. We should have been a team of destiny but the coaches blew the Georgia game. USC has no bye week ever but we do which gives a big advantage. Still I am predicting the coaches blow that game but we may win the rest. We could have made the playoffs had we beat Georgia.

Reactions: 88ND
1 from 4-0. Come on. Beat them when down but this is a good team

Great all around win. One of the best I can think of.
Creative running game. Misdirection, end arounds, draw plays. pitch out to Dexter.
Wimbush threw the ball the way we know he could.
Claypool developing into a stud.
Get Stepherson back and look out now!

Myron- Okwara and the baby bulls getting in the action.

Give Todd Lyght & Autry Denson lifetime contracts.
Our secondary is playing lights out.
Todd Lyght is a stud. He recruited all of these kids. The secondary is 1000% better than before he was here.
Great coverage. Aggressive tacklers.

Goal line stop. Yoon with a 45 yarder. Penalty free, mistake free football- forced 3 turnovers.
Red zone offense on fire.

I Love it! I'm so happy with this win!

I would say this was a very good performance by the Irish under BK. Beside's the 2012 wins vs USC & Stanford. IMO very quality win for the team and BK. Hey, Georgia maybe is a top 2 team this year. Go Irish!

Tonight. You have to admit that. Fire up!
Riduculous.
Are we now applauding normalcy?

Notre Dame looked good. The defense looked good again but gee as bad as the BVG nightmare was they could only go up.

On to the coaching....are we supposed to celebrate something here? Our team looked normal. Nothing incredible happened coaching wise other than BK didn't make a dumb decision and lose the game.

So if that's where we've come to now in our team support to celebrate a normal coaching performance then yeah...i guess we need to party like its 1999.

Reactions: hoopsstar12
My only criticism of the defense is the defensive backs still have trouble finding the ball when its in the air. If they are trained not to turn their heads around then the least they could do when they put their hands up is put them up in front of the receivers arms because thats where the ball is going to land. I would suggest watching Alabamas DBs on coverage and practice fundamentals. The better teams will complete more of those long passes if we dont work on better technique.

Reactions: 88ND
My only criticism of the defense is the defensive backs still have trouble finding the ball when its in the air. If they are trained not to turn their heads around then the least they could do when they put their hands up is put them up in front of the receivers arms because thats where the ball is going to land. I would suggest watching Alabamas DBs on coverage and practice fundamentals. The better teams will complete more of those long passes if we dont work on better technique.
I agree...and it's two fold really but in a good way.

We get so much more pressure on the QB now which helps the secondary big time. Even if not sacking we are right there making contact, hurrying...etc.

It's wonderful.

Now I agree the fundamentals individually is a huge work in progress. But it is in fact progressing. BVG defense was so bad thesd poor kids all they learned from pop Warner up until BVG got a hold of them is right out the window.

really solid win that gets us all back to believing we can beat the teams we out talent with some good coaching mixed in. Very pleased with that game in all facets

Reactions: 88ND and greengael
Riduculous.

Notre Dame looked good. The defense looked good again but gee as bad as the BVG nightmare was they could only go up.

On to the coaching....are we supposed to celebrate something here? Our team looked normal. Nothing incredible happened coaching wise other than BK didn't make a dumb decision and lose the game.

So if that's where we've come to now in our team support to celebrate a normal coaching performance then yeah...i guess we need to party like its 1999.

I think you should temper yours over excitement.

this team continues to grow as the season goes. With the tremendous coaching turnover, progress takes time. I'm most impressed with turnovers leading to points on the board!

Riduculous.

Says the guy who hates on Kelly and ND!

I liked listening to the players in the post-game conference. Love and Crawford stressed that they saw everything MSU threw at them in practice and specifically related the turnovers to what they were doing in practice, which IMO reinforces how well prepared they were.

Reactions: Telx1
Riduculous.

Always a breath of fresh air.

ADVERTISEMENT