ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome aboard Joe Alt

TXNDFan88

ND Expert
Feb 11, 2013
Like to see him at Left or Right Tackle in three years with 45 to 50 lbs on him, but still having TE feet.

He's a nice project but it also shows where ND is compared to the big boys of recruiting

Last edited:
If you’re going to take a 3* this is the type of guy you want. Great pedigree and upside but probably 2 years from contributing.

Wisconsin takes kids like this every year and builds great o lines. We need a rocco, but this is a great get.
I said he was a nice project, good but not great. ND will be thin at o line soon and Alt will take time to fill out. Do you disagree that Alt was not a take for the big boys?

If you’re going to take a 3* this is the type of guy you want. Great pedigree and upside but probably 2 years from contributing.

3 years, minimum, IMO. His playing weight at that height will be well over 300lbs. It takes a long time to add 50+ lbs and have your body adjust to it.

If I'm ND's staff, I'm taking Spindler and still trying to land one of the studs they were in on early in the cycle, with the idea that Alt is a 3-4 year Ade Ogundeji type project.

Last edited:
Reactions: VTND and jcswoopnh
ADVERTISEMENT