ADVERTISEMENT

We that good or USF that bad?

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Watching the replay there was some obvious and not so obvious to me at least.

we have a very good and deep backfield. From vision and wiggle to speed to power. thru 2 games, we are ok there.

the line looked very good this week. i cant declare we are great, but in that game it was dominate. there was never a doubt on any short yardage.

Book was much better this game but still had a few passes behind receivers. we also seem to be fairly easy to cover in man. i dont know if this is book or the receivers. when he goes thru progreaaions and scrambles i dont see people coming back. The passing game in general still seems to be missing something to me.

D line is legit. Some great talent and the secondary seems very good. players all day near receivers and knocking things down. LB is ok. We dont have that Teo or Jaylon. Like to have a better Mike.

No, not complaining. that was domination. just feel like the passing, be it receivers, scheme or QB are not there yet and will need to be for a playoff run.

Watching the replay there was some obvious and not so obvious to me at least.

we have a very good and deep backfield. From vision and wiggle to speed to power. thru 2 games, we are ok there.

the line looked very good this week. i cant declare we are great, but in that game it was dominate. there was never a doubt on any short yardage.

Book was much better this game but still had a few passes behind receivers. we also seem to be fairly easy to cover in man. i dont know if this is book or the receivers. when he goes thru progreaaions and scrambles i dont see people coming back. The passing game in general still seems to be missing something to me.

D line is legit. Some great talent and the secondary seems very good. players all day near receivers and knocking things down. LB is ok. We dont have that Teo or Jaylon. Like to have a better Mike.

No, not complaining. that was domination. just feel like the passing, be it receivers, scheme or QB are not there yet and will need to be for a playoff run.
It looked like they had a few legit skill guys, but we were totally dominant on both sides of the LOS. Total mismatch in the trenches.

when a team has a notable talent advantage at about every position, do not expect a competitive football game. That is what you got.

Reactions: spenna
It's funny you should say that because it's at the RB position I feel like that question would be the most germane.

Is C'Bo as good as he was productive yesterday? And what's Tyree all about? Is it all about his world-class speed and that's the only thing that made him an elite recruit?

I certainly liked the fact that so many different backs got touches and did some good things. That seems like it bodes well.

Overall that was one of the most effortless victories of the BK era. Almost too easy. So it's probably a little both. USF is definitely down and was not much competition. And yet we're still rolling right along, picking up where we left off a year ago, and our offense is at a minimum not only beating the teams it's supposed to beat, but doing it with fluent ease!

Kind of hard to really get too excited about the team after that game. USF posed absolutely zero threat to be competitive. It got a lot of younger players some good reps which is nice. It was a nice “easy” game to do that.

One of my biggest complaints regarding the team over the years is that we didn’t maximize the redshirt rules. When we had a vastly superior team, we didn’t blow the other team out to get the young guys reps and take advantage of the 4 game rule. Understood that the redshirt rule doesn’t really apply this year, but it was still nice to win a game without there being any doubt of the outcome by halftime.

Is C'Bo as good as he was productive yesterday? And what's Tyree all about? Is it all about his world-class speed and that's the only thing that made him an elite recruit?

C’bo - no for me

Tyree - more than just speed. He has a nice center of balance that I didn’t expect and can break some tackles. I think as the game continues to slow down for him, he’ll only get that much better.

Reactions: ftnfan62
It's some of both, probably. We played well, but USF is definitely in rebuilding mode.

At RB, I think Kyren Williams is very good. Glad the other backs all got a lot of work yesterday, too, though.

Reactions: ftnfan62
ADVERTISEMENT