ADVERTISEMENT

Wall Street Journal

He was our best but didn't improve under Kelly's coaching from year 1 to 2.

Wasn't Kelly still undecided between Zaire and Kizer at the beginning of 2016?

If he didn’t improve why did the NFL draft him so highly, so early ?

O.K Perhaps it would be more accurate to say Ara turned around the whole team.

Agree,

The talent was there, being improperly used and Ara changed everything, from the shoes players were wearing to position changes to plays and game plans.

He was a great coach and a great representative of the University!

How could you have “Gaudy stats” if you didn’t improve ?
Why would the two be related? Kizer is not the only Kelly QB who started at his peak and had nowhere else to go.
Furthermore Book would be a late round pick draft pick if he had a Will Fuller catching lobs for Tds.

Why would the two be related? Kizer is not the only Kelly QB who started at his peak and had nowhere else to go.
Furthermore Book would be a late round pick draft pick if he had a Will Fuller catching lobs for Tds.
I’m not going to bash Ian Book, but at one point he had Chase Claypool, Miles Boykin, and Cole Kmet who are all high round draft picks starting in the NFL. He had plenty of talent most of his time here. This year was a bit of a drop off.

“I’m not going to bash Ian Book, but at one point he had Chase Claypool, Miles Boykin, and Cole Kmet who are all high round draft picks starting in the NFL. He had plenty of talent most of his time here. This year was a bit of a drop off.”

& we scored more points than any other ND team during that stretch. It’s kinda tough to bash the qb that led ND to its highest scoring output ever but I guess some of you will continue to do so regardless of that fact.

Kelly needs to be able to get the kids to play out their eligibility. He loses his stars to NFL one year early every time!

Been saying this for years.
well when you take summer classes, then you use you can cut off a half year to a year and if you're any good you're off to the NFL. Regardless of that, if you're any good you're up to the NFL anyway regardless of how many credits you have

He was our best but didn't improve under Kelly's coaching from year 1 to 2.

Wasn't Kelly still undecided between Zaire and Kizer at the beginning of 2016?
Yes. there was a snippet where Kelly told zaire's parents that he's still our starting quarterback. This led to a quarterback controversy. Granted, Zaire look great against Texas, but let's face it when you have that severe of an injury you're really don't recover from it. rotating Kizer in Zaire at quarterback in the Texas game Is what caused us to lose it.

“I’m not going to bash Ian Book, but at one point he had Chase Claypool, Miles Boykin, and Cole Kmet who are all high round draft picks starting in the NFL. He had plenty of talent most of his time here. This year was a bit of a drop off.”

& we scored more points than any other ND team during that stretch. It’s kinda tough to bash the qb that led ND to its highest scoring output ever but I guess some of you will continue to do so regardless of that fact.

We're going to miss Ian's hip dance act in the backfield. I don't think Coan looks like the type to slip out of tackles like a greased garter snake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT