ADVERTISEMENT

VIDEO: Dwayne Haskins talks Jr. Day

Andrew Ivins

I've posted how many times?
Dec 16, 2014
Potomac (Md.) Bullis School four-star quarterback Dwayne Haskins Jr. recaps his visit to Notre Dame on Saturday with Blue & Gold Illustrated

Link: Haskins talks Irish

Quick hits….

On where he stands with Notre Dame…

"They're still high on the list. Like the coaches said, it's '4 for 40'. So it's a 4-year degree and you get 40-years after. Academic-wise it's a great school. There's something different about Notre Dame than other schools in the country, they recruit [with] a national stance."

On feeling pressure to commit to a school…

"I don't feel any pressure. There are some big schools out there that want me to commit and there's some schools that want me to visit and stuff. But I don't feel like I have to commit. I'm going to do my due diligence and make sure I commit for the right reasons."

On future visits…

"I'm going to see some more schools in the SEC. I'm going to Florida this weekend. So after that I'm going to sit down with my parents and have three, four or five schools that I want to go back and see with them. Hopefully Notre Dame is one of them. I plan to. I told Coach Kelly that I want to go back."

On who at Notre Dame is recruiting him…

"Booker, Coach Kelly, I mean, pretty much the whole staff tries to recruit me. It's good to be able to talk to coaches on staff and get to know how they are, but it's important for me to know Coach Sanford and Coach Kelly and that's who I spent time with."

This post was edited on 3/22 9:13 PM by Andrew Ivins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.