ADVERTISEMENT

Venables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it from one of the players phones? What a world
Right....I mean imagine a world where white men can't do or say something. The horror. Let's shut down the entire country. I can imagine the tears you have welling up as I type. The country has been STOLEN from you. FIGHT FIGHT for your right to DO AND SAY ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!! Cry when you cant.

that coach was put on a hook ready to be cooked! that was the least reason to fire a coach as ever done! Gundy fell on the sword; without a whimper.

As best I can tell, certain Homo sapiens developed less melanin pigmentation then their brothers and sisters in Africa. Those with less melanin subjugated the others for many years in many ways. In the USA this took the form of slavery. Although slavery was abolished, its echoes in the form of inequity (especially in early educational opportunities) remain. As a result, certain types of formal and informal affirmative action are utilized to promote equity. (Sometimes it seems like few people actually want to solve the problem--but instead want to use this as a wedge to empower themselves.) In any event, one of our society's informal approaches to balancing the scales is to (largely) agree that the less melanin Homo sapiens cannot use a word that was historically very hurtful. That part is fairly straightforward. But we have also recognized that those of our species with more melanin can use the word (to promote empowerment). I am not sure that inequity can truly lead to equity, and I pray that this great nation can become truly color blind someday, but until then I am glad to put a word aside if it makes my pigment blessed brothers a little bit better off. We are all one.

As best I can tell, certain Homo sapiens developed less melanin pigmentation then their brothers and sisters in Africa. Those with less melanin subjugated the others for many years in many ways. In the USA this took the form of slavery. Although slavery was abolished, its echoes in the form of inequity (especially in early educational opportunities) remain. As a result, certain types of formal and informal affirmative action are utilized to promote equity. (Sometimes it seems like few people actually want to solve the problem--but instead want to use this as a wedge to empower themselves.) In any event, one of our society's informal approaches to balancing the scales is to (largely) agree that the less melanin Homo sapiens cannot use a word that was historically very hurtful. That part is fairly straightforward. But we have also recognized that those of our species with more melanin can use the word (to promote empowerment). I am not sure that inequity can truly lead to equity, and I pray that this great nation can become truly color blind someday, but until then I am glad to put a word aside if it makes my pigment blessed brothers a little bit better off. We are all one

there was and still is more slavery in Africa than anywhere in the world. It was not invented in the USA; it,slavery, it was nothing new to civilizations. And this has nothing to do with Gundy. He did not know what he was reading until he read it. The whole scenario seems bizarre.

Certain words are 100% off limits to use if you are White. If you are mad about that then blame the slave owners and racist white men that lynched Black men and Black boys.

So what you can’t use that word

Everyone wants to comment on this but does anyone really KNOW exactly what the F*KC was said?

All I've seen is this half assed deleted instabook thing of saying our values are good blah blah blah

Reactions: Airzee23
You are ridiculous if you believe that, show me 1 Black slave owner.

And even if what you are saying is true that still does not give the right to any white person to use that word. There should be zero debate when it comes to this topic absolutely zero debate.

Everyone wants to comment on this but does anyone really KNOW exactly what the F*KC was said?

All I've seen is this half assed deleted instabook thing of saying our values are good blah blah blah
Seriously???? We all know what “word” was used, Hint, starts with the letter N.

And even if what you are saying is true that still does not give the right to any white person to use that word. There should be zero debate when it comes to this topic absolutely zero debate.
in Reference to “Show me one black slave owner:

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

Not that this has anything to do with whether white’s should ever use the N word. I agree with you that this is a hurtful ugly offensive cross the line word that should never be used by whites. However, it is subject to debate in this instance because Gundy reportedly did not personally choose to use the word, but rather read the word off an athletes phone or tablet, unaware of what he was reading until after the fact. It appears he was trying to punish an inattentive player by showing the other players that he wasn’t paying attention, and by reading whatever the player was typing, and this backfired in a very ugly way. The explanation that Gundy is selling is that these were not his words, and that he didn’t realize he had read this word until after the fact. Seems that many people here believe his explanation, and don’t Think this should have lead to his resignation. If the explanation is factual, I question his resignation as well. However, while I sure as hell don’t know the facts, I do question the factual validity of his explanation.

let’s return to ND football!

Lebby sex assault scandal and the Gundy thing BV is a dirt bag and so is OU football any kid that wants to play there is not a nd kid literally total opposite of nd

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

Not that this has anything to do with whether white’s should ever use the N word. I agree with you that this is a hurtful ugly offensive cross the line word that should never be used by whites. However, it is subject to debate in this instance because Gundy reportedly did not personally choose to use the word, but rather read the word off an athletes phone or tablet, unaware of what he was reading until after the fact. It appears he was trying to punish an inattentive player by showing the other players that he wasn’t paying attention, and by reading whatever the player was typing, and this backfired in a very ugly way. The explanation that Gundy is selling is that these were not his words, and that he didn’t realize he had read this word until after the fact. Seems that many people here believe his explanation, and don’t Think this should have lead to his resignation. If the explanation is factual, I question his resignation as well. However, while I sure as hell don’t know the facts, I do question the factual validity of his explanation.

please don’t use facts in America bro it’s the land of phrases like “birthing person” instead of man and woman facts and science have left for the loony bin a while ago. There is a university that is now teaching that when “biological men” (caveat, if you have a dick your a man no matter what you say) give birth the baby comes out of the penis. this is not fake news ps it’s fact and the woke full support these ideas

• Wow
Reactions: bullpride9

Serious question Zorich, I live in miami and I often hear young people of color referencing others using the n word. Is it not offensive in that context? And why do kids address each other this way? I’m not being sarcastic or unsympathetic I‘m trying to understand the thinking. As a white person I would never use the word in addressing a person of color or use the word in a white only environment. I was always taught it was a demeaning, intolerable word never to be used.

Serious question Zorich, I live in miami and I often hear young people of color referencing others using the n word. Is it not offensive in that context? And why do kids address each other this way? I’m not being sarcastic or unsympathetic I‘m trying to understand the thinking. As a white person I would never use the word in addressing a person of color or use the word in a white only environment. I was always taught it was a demeaning, intolerable word never to be used.
There is a pretty catchy song by Kanye that uses the word over and over. “I ain’t saying she a gold-digger, but she ain’t lookin for a broke …..” is part of the refrain. There are countless other examples but that one was pretty popular recently. It is an offensive term for sure, but the accepted use by society of the term by some while treating it as the third rail and criminal when uttered by others, regardless of context, does not aid the ultimate goal of unity. It sows further separation.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
1. Black people can talk to Black people using that word whenever and however. My wife is Black. Whenever we go to her side of the family that word (especially from the older members) is used very freely.

Now, if me, being a White man started using that word in that same family gathering, in the same joking and laughing way her family is using it, there would be some serious consequences lol.

2. As a White man or women it should not matter if “we can’t say that word”.

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by

, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

You end your nonsense by saying “let’s return to ND football”????

You are trying to open a whole new chapter to the topic then say ND football???

The essay you are referring to has a lot of details you conveniently left out.

Almost 100% of the time Carter G. Woodson, references “Black slave owners, he goes on to state those Black slave owners “owned” slaves to save them. Most were relatives or close family friends. By “buying” them they also set them free and have them their freedom papers.

None of said “Black slave owners actually used them for slave labor. Not one of said Black slave owners go onto sell the Black slave to a white family.

Again, they were purchased to set them free and protect them.

There were plenty or black slave owners. If you are going to preach, then research more.

Almost 100% of the time Carter G. Woodson, references “Black slave owners, he goes on to state those Black slave owners “owned” slaves to save them. Most were relatives or close family friends. By “buying” them they also set them free and have them their freedom papers.

None of said “Black slave owners actually used them for slave labor. Not one of said Black slave owners go onto sell the Black slave to a white family.

Look up Thomas Day and North Carolina

a number of free blacks used slaves for their business purposes

Look up Thomas Day and North Carolina

a number of free blacks used slaves for their business purposes
You are talking about the furniture maker. A small amount of Free Black’s who owned a business would have slaves. However, these were actually workers and not slaves. In order for Black business owners to engage and work with White business owners, they would use “slaves” (who were actually tradesman or workers) as a way to show whites they could be trusted.

Again, they never went on to sell these so called slaves. They never punished or treated them like animals like the whites did. Those “slaves” were only slaves by name. They got paid a fair wage and could come and go as they please.

It was complicated, says Peter Wood, who taught American history at Duke University for four decades. And sometimes it was a ruse.

"I think there's a great misunderstanding about what it means for people to own slaves. If you are an African-American opposed to slavery but engaged in business with wealthy white planters in North Carolina, the best 'cover,' if you will, for the workers that you have with you is to call them slaves," Wood says.

There is a pretty catchy song by Kanye that uses the word over and over. “I ain’t saying she a gold-digger, but she ain’t lookin for a broke …..” is part of the refrain. There are countless other examples but that one was pretty popular recently. It is an offensive term for sure, but the accepted use by society of the term by some while treating it as the third rail and criminal when uttered by others, regardless of context, does not aid the ultimate goal of unity. It sows further separation.
It shows a lot more than that.

Do white people go around calling each other honky or cracker?
Or say hey whitey...

It doesn't matter what you can get away with...

There's a level of couth some people have and refuse using terms and words no matter if they can get away with it or not

Right....I mean imagine a world where white men can't do or say something. The horror. Let's shut down the entire country. I can imagine the tears you have welling up as I type. The country has been STOLEN from you. FIGHT FIGHT for your right to DO AND SAY ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!! Cry when you cant.
#cancel white people

Certain words are 100% off limits to use if you are White. If you are mad about that then blame the slave owners and racist white men that lynched Black men and Black boys.

So what you can’t use that word
Better yet how about everyone eliminates racist words from their vocabulary? For all the stuff 2020 brought on I would think that would be at the top of the list.

Better yet how about everyone eliminates racist words from their vocabulary? For all the stuff 2020 brought on I would think that would be at the top of the list.
No, sorry just off limits to you! Live with it! I know, I dare anyone say you can’t but you can’t.

It shows a lot more than that.

Do white people go around calling each other honky or cracker?
Or say hey whitey...

It doesn't matter what you can get away with...

There's a level of couth some people have and refuse using terms and words no matter if they can get away with it or not
Sorry white man, you can’t use that word. However, if you decide to use that word, expect a consequence.

It’s so funny you guys are arguing over the right to use a disgusting word. Smh

It’s because you don’t like losing your white privilege to say and do as you please.

The mayor of NYC called white people crackers. It’s on tape. How is he allowed to hold office still?

Bc every one of the billions of living white persons in the world is a fmr slave holding racist, even Canadians and northerners, and union soldiers that died to stop it, and Russians, and those those who’s poor white ancestors immigrated to the US through Ellis island in the early 1900s. Oh and 5 year old kids should be taught to be ashamed for being white, duh

Last edited:
Sorry white man, you can’t use that word. However, if you decide to use that word, expect a consequence.

It’s because you don’t like losing your white privilege to say and do as you please.
Looks like you joined the argument over a "disgusting word" and who can and can't use it. The hypocrisy is amusing enough...so Thanks for the entertainment.

Last edited:

You are embarrassing yourself

You are talking about the furniture maker. A small amount of Free Black’s who owned a business would have slaves. However, these were actually workers and not slaves. In order for Black business owners to engage and work with White business owners, they would use “slaves” (who were actually tradesman or workers) as a way to show whites they could be trusted.

Again, they never went on to sell these so called slaves. They never punished or treated them like animals like the whites did. Those “slaves” were only slaves by name. They got paid a fair wage and could come and go as they please.

It was complicated, says Peter Wood, who taught American history at Duke University for four decades. And sometimes it was a ruse.

"I think there's a great misunderstanding about what it means for people to own slaves. If you are an African-American opposed to slavery but engaged in business with wealthy white planters in North Carolina, the best 'cover,' if you will, for the workers that you have with you is to call them slaves," Wood says.

African Muslims owned millions of white Christian slaves. I’m not blaming any black Muslims today. You are clearly an anti white black nationalist. Congrats.

You previously said there were no black slave owners, and I provided facts showing there were black slave owners. Now you’ve added a whole new element as to the motives of these owners! And yes, by a large margin, these owners purchased relatives and friends to save them. However, historians continue to debate the extent to which some black slave owners worked them as slaves and/or sold them for profit. Frankly, I don’t care as it has nothing to do with the OP….Again, you said there were no black slave owners and asked To be shown one, and I replied.

Steven Spielberg Reaction GIF by American Film Institute

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT