ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt fires their coach

Have to think Elston is the guy for DC if Lea moves on. He has earned it. Just have to bring in a killer LBs coach.

Lea going to Vandy might be a good thing if it leads him back to ND when Kelly retires.
Elston has been an extremely loyal soldier. His family and he obviously love ND. He has arguably been the best coach and recruiter on staff. That being said, I'm not sure how he would handle being passed over again for DC.

Reactions: Kelso86
Coaching at Vandy is a big risk. Obviously if you have a winning season, you will be able to write your ticket to the next level, but having a winning season at Vandy in the SEC won't be an easy task and it could be the kiss of death or at least a career setback.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
I think a more likely scenario is Clawson is hired away from Wake and Lea is his successor.
the only issue there becomes pay. Nd can offer a deal similar in money to what clawson makes at wake...2.1 million.

What it comes down to is does be want to be a head coach. If he does he will probably leave regardless of pay. If he's happy as dc we pay him and he stays. It's not worth worrying about. If he leaves to be head coach that is great for him and possibly nd down the line. Gotta consider elston the front runner to keep things running on defense and frankly he's earned the chance. Let him and kelly have a last ride until kelly is ready to retire.

Reactions: echowaker
If Lea leaves, I hope he doesn't take Nick Lezynski with him. He can coach and recruit. At least he deserves a full time gig at ND

I hope you're right. But the fact that Vandy's so hard to win at, could well be offset by the high comfort level he may well feel taking on a challenge like that having played there.

What's frustrating is, what are the odds this guy's a Vandy grad? Why couldn't he have just played at some small college like so many coaches do? Then I might be a lot more inclined to agree.

Ha, Murphy's Law

It was absolutely worthy of being fired. She kicked the ball 20yrds and immediately shrieked off to the sideline the moment her foot left the football therefore providing zero kick-off coverage. Did you see her warming up in pre-game? If that's the best available for the Vandy football program then it's time to get a better coach/leader.

I can only hope for your sake that you are trying to be funny. You do realize it was a "squib" kick, right?

Vandy's AD said they are looking for an offensive-minded coach. This might take Lea out of consideration unless it's some sort of smokescreen which is doubtful. Honestly, I hope this is true for Lea's sake. I think he can do better than Vandy and, hopefully, that better situation turns up after the CFP.

I can only hope for your sake that you are trying to be funny. You do realize it was a "squib" kick, right?

I have no doubt it was a squib kick; did you think he was going to ask her to kick it 5 yards deep into the end zone?

You think Sarah Fuller is the best kicker Vandy can put on the field?

ADVERTISEMENT