ADVERTISEMENT

USC Game Thread

Go Irish! Not feeling good about this one but anything is possible. Let's get some payback for the Bush push.

Who the hell replaces Hart at corner? Bracy has been great in the nickel, but is challenged playing corner. Lewis has been a major liability at corner. True freshman Mickey has the best skill set and mentality, but he has been burned more than his share. I thought Hart has regressed a bit from last year, but his absence is still a huge hole, and I don’t know how we fill this against a QBs of Williams caliber.

Agree, is it confirmed hart is out? Bracy has seemed a little slow/hobbled himself. Mickey or bust if hart is out.
No, it’s not confirmed. Chatting online with cousin who referred to Hart being out, etc.. but the only thing I’ve read was Freeman stating Hart was questionable. Agree re Bracy. He has not been the same player since his injury, but he looked better last week, and hopefully will play faster today. We’re really vulnerable if Bracy is still hobbled a bit and Hart can’t play, or plays hobbled and slow.

ND and Michigan might be the only teams in college football that still play defense!

No, it’s not confirmed. Chatting online with cousin who referred to Hart being out, etc.. but the only thing I’ve read was Freeman stating Hart was questionable. Agree re Bracy. He has not been the same player since his injury, but he looked better last week, and hopefully will play faster today. We’re really vulnerable if Bracy is still hobbled a bit and Hart can’t play, or plays hobbled and slow.
Very much so….

I feel Mickey coming out party or a continuation of poor exposure, no in between

If Lewis plays a lot he’ll keep giving up catches and act like it’s no big deal

Very much so….

I feel Mickey coming out party or a continuation of poor exposure, no in between

Well Mickey is from Eastvale so I’d think he’d be fired up.

Go Irish! Not feeling good about this one but anything is possible. Let's get some payback for the Bush push.
Yeah, I'm kind of expecting USC to win handily. It really comes down to how well we can run. If they can't stop us, then my mood changes, but I think they will be able to make enough stops to require Payne to beat them throwing, and I don't think that's possible. And with a dinged up secondary, I think Williams will find more than enough open receivers for chunk plays.

Reactions: christophero
Very much so….

I’ve been expecting a Mickey coming out party all season. I posted in the summer that I thought he might take the starting job away from Lewis…something Morrison did. Instead, he has shown a tendency to bite on receiver moves and get a step or two behind. Kid has all the tools. He can’t pick a better game or time.

Yeah, I'm kind of expecting USC to win handily. It really comes down to how well we can run. If they can't stop us, then my mood changes, but I think they will be able to make enough stops to require Payne to beat them throwing, and I don't think that's possible. And with a dinged up secondary, I think Williams will find more than enough open receivers for chunk plays.
I tend to agree, but I’m hoping that we can dominate the Lines of Scrimmage and pull off the upset.

I always resented it when they put their band behind the ND bench.

Go Irish 🍀

Both programs need a signature win today. USC, to show they are back. And us, to signify that we are moving in the right direction. It's a big game.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I tend to agree, but I’m hoping that we can dominate the Lines of Scrimmage and pull off the upset.

I always resented it when they put their band behind the ND bench.

Go Irish 🍀
I always hated when their damn Trojan rode Traveler with raised Roman sword around the coliseum’s track after every TD.

Controlling the line of scrimmage. Wow, Patricia just thought of an innovative solution. Maybe they should hire him as an analyst.
Usc doesn’t need to control LOS to win tonight … dominating the lOS does not guarantee victory in todays day

But it’s nds only shot … they can’t win the lines, they have to dominate

Usc doesn’t need to control LOS to win tonight … dominating the lOS does not guarantee victory in todays day

But it’s nds only shot … they can’t win the lines, they have to dominate
Not without Estime they can't. Diggs can't do all the work. Tyree is not a good back. If Estime is actually limited, my opinion of this game just shifted dramatically.

Not without Estime they can't. Diggs can't do all the work. Tyree is not a good back. If Estime is actually limited, my opinion of this game just shifted dramatically.
Agreed. Limited Estime and no Hart are huge losses. I no longer think we win. But let’s see what happens

Agreed. Limited Estime and no Hart are huge losses. I no longer think we win. But let’s see what happens
I have faith in Mickey, but without Estime, that throws the entire offensive gameplan off and the strength and identity of the team. I have to favor a USC win, possibly big, without Estime if I was betting money on the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT