ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Bowl Projections--ESPN has ND playing Texas in the Camping World Bowl

Dec 7, 2007
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28246624/college-football-bowl-projections

ESPN's latest projection has us playing Texas in the Camping World Bowl. (I know there are a couple of other threads on this subject, but they seem to have wandered off the topic.)

ESPN has Alabama playing Michigan in the Citrus Bowl. That should be a good matchup, although I can see 'Bama thumping UM.

I know a lot of guys here prefer to play someone else, but all things considered I like the Texas matchup. They've been pretty banged up with injuries this year and I think we should be able to take them. Maybe the pundits will say "so what" if we beat UT, but they'll say that about any opponent we play, so I'd rather shoot for a win over a blue blood program. UT travels pretty well, so I expect there will be a decent crowd for the game.

Reactions: chaseball
Hoping to see the Texas matchup. It’s the best we’re going to get. BS that Memphis gets a big game when they play nobody. It’s always satisfying to see these overrated programs get demolished in the bowl games but it’s also frustrating to watch good teams not playing one another. Hoping to see Bama steam roll Michigan.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28246624/college-football-bowl-projections

ESPN's latest projection has us playing Texas in the Camping World Bowl. (I know there are a couple of other threads on this subject, but they seem to have wandered off the topic.)

ESPN has Alabama playing Michigan in the Citrus Bowl. That should be a good matchup, although I can see 'Bama thumping UM.

I know a lot of guys here prefer to play someone else, but all things considered I like the Texas matchup. They've been pretty banged up with injuries this year and I think we should be able to take them. Maybe the pundits will say "so what" if we beat UT, but they'll say that about any opponent we play, so I'd rather shoot for a win over a blue blood program. UT travels pretty well, so I expect there will be a decent crowd for the game.
I read K State and Oak State are also possibilities. I hope you are right!

Texas is the new flavor on that network and CBS.

It’s going to be any of those b12 teams but here’s Sampson on the topic...

Reactions: Kelso86
Texas is the best “brand” but I wouldn’t mind playing OK State or KState because ND has never played them.

Hour and a half drive and games on a sat perfect. Just wish kick was 2:00 instead of 12:00. Hopefully weather will be better than Citrus Bowl a couple years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT