ADVERTISEMENT

Unless ND starts handing out Image and Likeness money, it will be rare for them to get the elite of the elite talent

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
It’s the way the football world is turning.

I am not sure where ND stands on NIL deals but they will have to start spending money.

Some of these players are making more than every coach on the staff outside of the HC.

Crazy stuff but 5 star recruiting will come down to $$$$$$$.

We aren’t getting to 330 like Bama even with up front money. We can hope to make the 12 team playoff and for the NCAA to regulate bag dropping. Until then, Bama will drop bags and win more titles. If Carr or Minchey (or Hartman) are top level elite, we can make a run.

We aren’t the only ones suffering. As you can see, Ohio State has fallen a lot in this era. ND is neck and neck.

You also have to consider that we have a team loaded with high 4 star unselfish kids (many are pure misses and should have been 5’s). 2-3 years from now that along with the other similarly ranked classes will make for a very very nasty and deep team that will be hard to beat. If they are coached up, they will be every bit as good as Michigan, the team I think will win it all. Have to coach them.

My main concern is less about the talent we are acquiring and more on the coaching arm development. I know freeman can recruit. Harbaugh can coach em up. Can we?

Last edited:
Tom get me the president on the phone, we are surrendering our position in Cuba.

sooner or later some sanity will enter the insanity! paying no name kids on a hunch is like investing in penny stock! dumping $ on youths who have limited motivation is probably a formula for disaster.
Portal and talent retention money is where I would think ND will live

Reactions: Airzee23
On other message boards, you hear the same delusional ND fans that we all know and love so well, refer to 'NIL opportunities', when talking about NIL and ND. That if you come to ND, and you're a very prominent grad transfer QB like SH, that you'll have all these opportunities, on account of ND's fame and brand name recognition, and thus advertisers will naturally want to hire SH and use his NIL when it comes to marketing their product. And on that basis ND is a great NIL landing spot for CFB stars and it's where you want to be. And SH will make bank, and any prominent player would, and it would all presumably be squeaky-clean and 'legal'......

Unfortunately there's no mention made of pay-for-play, other than to scorn and weaponize it rhetorically against other outlaw programs as illegal even though it's totally legal.... and which is all the NIL phenomenon really is in truth. Or at least that's the impression that we're all under. And nobody has much of an interest, other than a genuine well-known star like Bryce Young, in paying CFB players big/good money in all innocence to do various advertising spots. There's some of that for sure, but for the most part it is wealthy boosters who want player X to play for their team. And the marketing/NIL deal is but a stalking horse. 'Legit' NIL opportunities are nice. But the real money is from boosters....

The scumbag evil NCAA, perpetrators of the hated plantation system, hated at least by decent people if not ND fans, is desperate to maintain any and all semblance of said system and to hold on til the bitter end until their fingers are ripped away from it. Think Golem and the ring of power. So for them NIL strictly means no pay for play, which as good plantation owners is their defining purpose on this earth. Free labor. And of course ND for its part defines itself by its goody-goody conformity, and the phony, pseudo moral superiority they like to tell themselves comes with it, so they are reliable supporters of the status quo, however awful and corrupt and perverse. And so ND fans get all bunched up over the 'legit' NIL opportunities that a ND player might come across, from earnest advertisers wanting in apparent good faith to associate their product with the ND brand. But the real money, and the real action, is in paying players directly, paying them to be on the team. Pay for play, baby.....

And so ND needs to start doing that, by way of their boosters, their generous, multitudinous, football-loving boosters, not only to stay competitive, but to save their own souls. I presume that's already happening, if I had to guess, and they're just being hyper-discreet about it. After all they do have their collective, their little soup kitchen collective, through which to disperse the monies, as well as their carefully manicured holier than thou brand they have to maintain. So good luck to them....

I am not sure where ND stands on NIL deals but they will have to start spending money.

Some of these players are making more than every coach on the staff outside of the HC.

Universities themselves are not spending a dime. It's the collectives started by " friends " and supporters of the Universities that are providing NIL benefits to athletes of all sports.

ND hasn’t been getting “the elite of the elite talent“ for 30+ years now. NIL money hasn’t changed anything. It’s just the fresh excuse people are choosing to use for why they can’t keep up.

ND hasn’t been getting “the elite of the elite talent“ for 30+ years now. NIL money hasn’t changed anything. It’s just the fresh excuse people are choosing to use for why they can’t keep up.
Mayer, Hamilton, Nelson, Fuller, Floyd, Tate, Foskey, Teo, …. ND fans need to stop making excuses

ND had #8 class. Likely a couple of first round picks in that group.
ND is always in the top 15 of recruiting rankings and do nothing most every season. The recruiting sites are all about $$$ and they know what they’re doing ranking ND who has a large fan base.

ND is always in the top 15 of recruiting rankings and do nothing most every season. The recruiting sites are all about $$$ and they know what they’re doing ranking ND who has a large fan base.
We have better players than we’ve had. Very few 3 stars. We will be a team of 95% high 4 star recruits. With a 5 star QB or shoulda been 5 star QB, the sky is the limit. We always recruit well in the office of line. The most important positions for Notre Dame are quarterback and Vyper. We do need elite pass rushers to beat Bama. We also need elite, coaching and development at all positions. Those are the two biggest ?’s and concerning points to me. Losing P Bowen and Dante Moore are meaningless.

What will win a championship is putting a top 200 player at every position and coaching the hell out of them. That is our only chance. all the bitching in the world about NIL and academics won’t change a thing. Michigan is doing fine. ND was a QB away under BK. We are more solid in recruiting now than then.

Reactions: NDinNJ
We have better players than we’ve had. Very few 3 stars. We will be a team of 95% high 4 star recruits. With a 5 star QB or shoulda been 5 star QB, the sky is the limit. We always recruit well in the office of line. The most important positions for Notre Dame are quarterback and Vyper. We do need elite pass rushers to beat Bama. We also need elite, coaching and development at all positions. Those are the two biggest ?’s and concerning points to me. Losing P Bowen and Dante Moore are meaningless.

What will win a championship is putting a top 200 player at every position and coaching the hell out of them. That is our only chance. all the bitching in the world about NIL and academics won’t change a thing. Michigan is doing fine. ND was a QB away under BK. We are more solid in recruiting now than then.
I assure you, there are far more important issues in your life, this time next year no one will be thinking NIL!

ND has been in the playoffs or just n the conversation for the playoffs in November multiple times in the last 7 seasons … do better

Reactions: irishalice
Universities themselves are not spending a dime. It's the collectives started by " friends " and supporters of the Universities that are providing NIL benefits to athletes of all sports.
The university is giving the permission

Would have had top 3 if they spent the money
I agree. But don’t get #3 class mixed up with future CFP rankings. It just doesn’t correlate. Yes, Bama will likely dominate. After that, it boils down to development and QB. TCU and Michigan did not have top 5 classes. ND made the playoffs twice because of Brian Kelly and development. Michigan made the playoffs twice because of Harbaugh and development. Coaching > recruiting. If Freeman is as good of a coach, an actual coach, as Brian Kelly, he should win it all. If BK doesn’t go to the Broncos, he’ll beat Saban again.

I agree. But don’t get #3 class mixed up with future CFP rankings. It just doesn’t correlate. Yes, Bama will likely dominate. After that, it boils down to development and QB. TCU and Michigan did not have top 5 classes. ND made the playoffs twice because of Brian Kelly and development. Michigan made the playoffs twice because of Harbaugh and development. Coaching > recruiting. If Freeman is as good of a coach, an actual coach, as Brian Kelly, he should win it all. If BK doesn’t go to the Broncos, he’ll beat Saban again.
Bama and Georgia you mean. They are the top 2

By the way, anyone that thinks Jagusah isn’t the best player in the country at his position is a moron. Anyone that thinks Love isn’t a top 5 running back is a dumbass. Anyone that thinks Greathouse isn’t a potential future michael Floyd is out of their minds. If you don’t think Gray is a top CB you’re stupid.

By the way, anyone that thinks Jagusah isn’t the best player in the country at his position is a moron. Anyone that thinks Love isn’t a top 5 running back is a dumbass. Anyone that thinks Greathouse isn’t a potential future michael Floyd is out of their minds. If you don’t think Gray is a top CB you’re stupid.
Jagusah isn't the best OT in the class but he's up there. I agree on Love. Greathouse is not Michael Floyd although he will be really good but not Mike. Gray is a top CB

Jagusah isn't the best OT in the class but he's up there. I agree on Love. Greathouse is not Michael Floyd although he will be really good but not Mike. Gray is a top CB
So you essentially agree. I said potential for Greathouse. Nobody comes out like Mike Floyd but Greathouse might end up a better pro.

Could you substantiate your claim and tell us which players are making more than the coaches.

Also, what are the amounts that the top 5 colleges are spending on NIL

Thanks

How is getting into the playoffs for the National Championship, twice in 6 years doing nothing.

Typically, you make anti-ND statements and when I press and challenge you on your statements and ask you questions, you go on “radio silence”

Why won’t you be accountable for your outlandish and anti-ND statements ?

It used to be you paid TO GO to college! You could receive a scholarship as financial assistance or incentive to go to a particular university. Your goal was education. We have 1 or 2 generations that have no remembrance of such times. College is for academic students, institutions of higher learning! It is time stop the charade. Set up sponsored leagues and if universities wish to sponsor a team, knowing the costs, so beit. The players today are not true students, they are in truth professionals. Give college athletics back to students.

It used to be you paid TO GO to college! You could receive a scholarship as financial assistance or incentive to go to a particular university. Your goal was education. We have 1 or 2 generations that have no remembrance of such times. College is for academic students, institutions of higher learning! It is time stop the charade. Set up sponsored leagues and if universities wish to sponsor a team, knowing the costs, so beit. The players today are not true students, they are in truth professionals. Give college athletics back to students.
Like Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Rice, Northwestern and Notre Dame ?

Could you substantiate your claim and tell us which players are making more than the coaches.

Also, what are the amounts that the top 5 colleges are spending on NIL

Thanks
Bryce Young is making over 1mil now

Bryce Young is making over 1mil now

That’s not more than his coaches who make 1.6 million plus.

And, a “valuation” does not equate to cash in their pocket, it’s potential, not actual compensation.

Are you saying WR coaches make over 2ml a year? Maybe at some schools but not most

Are you saying WR coaches make over 2ml a year? Maybe at some schools but not most
You said that Bryce Young makes more than his coaches.

Bryce Young is a QB.

Why are you injecting WR’s into a QB issue ?

Lol
You are arguing Cymatics

Yes, some ILD are bigger than what some of the coaches on staff are making. I used WR coach as an example.

Bottom line

Bryce Young is making more money than some of the Bama coaches. He made more on that Dr Pepper commercial then a lot position coaches across the country

You said that Bryce Young makes more than his coaches.

Bryce Young is a QB.

Why are you injecting WR’s into a QB issue ?
Lol
You are arguing Cymatics

Yes, some ILD are bigger than what some of the coaches on staff are making. I used WR coach as an example.

Bottom line

Bryce Young is making more money than some of the Bama coaches. He made more on that Dr Pepper commercial then a lot position coaches across the country

ADVERTISEMENT