ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA forced to subsidize UCB

Yet somehow not one CA legislature was part of the payer state act.
Again, I don't know the answer to my questions. Do you? It's a fact that there are payer states and taker states, and the majority of blue states are payer and the majority of the red states are takers, meaning they pay in less than they receive; in federal dollars

Again, I don't know the answer to my questions. Do you? It's a fact that there are payer states and taker states, and the majority of blue states are payer and the majority of the red states are takers, meaning they pay in less than they receive; in federal dollars
It’s more of a function of population. Obviously, New York, Texas and California are going to pay more than Utah or Wyoming

I lived in California for a few years and the thing I noticed most was the significant number of large breasted women and men especially in the San Francisco area.

• Haha
Reactions: Chitown11
It’s more of a function of population. Obviously, New York, Texas and California are going to pay more than Utah or Wyoming
Yeah I know, but the fact remains that a majority of red states are takers. I didn't pass judgment, I simply stated a fact. Which is what the earlier poster fid as well.

Irrelevant. Because they waste money.

Reactions: Chitown11
Irrelevant. Because they waste money.
Irrelevant? No I don't think so. If you think it's just blue states who waste money, then you're one of two things, totally blind and biased, or just plain stupid. Now truth be told, you could be both I don't know, I don't know you. In either case it's just facts, like them or not

Irrelevant? No I don't think so. If you think it's just blue states who waste money, then you're one of two things, totally blind and biased, or just plain stupid. Now truth be told, you could be both I don't know, I don't know you. In either case it's just facts, like them or not
So that's what you got out of this? Interesting.

The biggest blue states in the country are top 5 in budget deficit. NY, MA, CT, CA, IL. And I might add they are all easily in the top 10 for state income tax rate. And PSSSST... I'm an Independent. I'd color myself as reddish purple.

The biggest blue states in the country are top 5 in budget deficit. NY, MA, CT, CA, IL. And I might add they are all easily in the top 10 for state income tax rate. And PSSSST... I'm an Independent. I'd color myself as reddish purple.
Political posts are really cool.

Political posts are really cool.
Wasn't a political post it was taken there by all the libby BS. Yet nobody answered the questions. How does California distribute tax payers dollars in support of its state universities? And does each state universities athletic department self fund it's operations from just the revenue each generates? I don't live in CA, so I don't know the answers to those questions.

Wasn't a political post it was taken there by all the libby BS. Yet nobody answered the questions. How does California distribute tax payers dollars in support of its state universities? And does each state universities athletic department self fund it's operations from just the revenue each generates? I don't live in CA, so I don't know the answers to those questions.
Which goes back to the point of all the waste. It would not be an issue if they already didn't waste so much damn money.

Most of the money for public education in California comes from two big sources: state income taxes and property taxes — in that order. About half of California’s income taxes each year are collected from that year’s biggest income earners — the top 1%. Taxpayers also subsidize a higher-education network made up of community colleges and the California State University and University of California systems. That means property taxes and State income tax. The latter of which has steadily increased as a revenue source while the former has decreased as a percentage. Not necessarily a dollar amount (Prop. 13) 27% of the UC annual budget comes from unrestricted funding sources. Unrestricted funding sources support core operations. 73% of the annual budget of the UC comes from restricted funding sources. UC is funded differently than CSU. There are 11 UC and 23 CSU.

we still have many friends that live there live there and one in particular refers to it as the communist country of California with comrade Gruesome in charge.
and it is actually much worse than you say!

ADVERTISEMENT