ADVERTISEMENT

"True" Irish fans will be rooting for Clemson to win it all.

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
Notre Dame plays Clemson at HOME next November. Clemson will be undefeated going into the game as they have all ACC cupcakes along with powerhouses Akron and The Citadel. The Irish will be undefeated also.

**** Wouldn't any TRUE Irish fan want a chance to beat the Defending National Champs?

Reactions: emaddy79
Notre Dame plays Clemson at HOME next November. Clemson will be undefeated going into the game as they have all ACC cupcakes along with powerhouses Akron and The Citadel. The Irish will be undefeated also.

**** Wouldn't any TRUE Irish fan want a chance to beat the Defending National Champs?
If that happens Clemson will have won 39 straight games. It will be a huge story with Clemson going for 40 straight....ND breaking the longest win streak ever in Oklahoma's 47 straight.

If that happens Clemson will have won 39 straight games. It will be a huge story with Clemson going for 40 straight....ND breaking the longest win streak ever in Oklahoma's 47 straight.

I like the way you are thinking at this moment !! Great addition to my post !! Great Minds !

Fun trivia fact. In addition to ending OU’s longest ever football streak, ND also ended UCLA’s longest ever win streak in basketball. What’s even more amazing is the Notre Dame was also each team’s last loss before the streaks began.

A win against Clemson next year assuming Clemson wins this year’s championship and goes into Notre Dame undefeated next season would rank up there with the other notable winning streaks the Irish have snapped over the years including Army in 1947, Georgia Tech in 1953, Oklahoma in 1957, Texas in 1971, USC in 1973 and, of course, Miami in 1988. It would be hard to top the Oklahoma and Miami wins though. It depends what’s at stake. If Clemson and Notre Dame are both undefeated going into the game with a playoff berth is on the line, a win by Notre Dame would probably fall just behind the Miami win in 1988 unless Notre Dame goes on to win the championship next year and even then it would probably fall just a notch below the Miami win because of where Notre Dame was as a program the years leading up to that Miami win.

Lou might rank the wins differently though.

Last edited:
Fun trivia fact. In addition to ending OU’s longest ever football streak, ND also ended UCLA’s longest ever win streak in basketball. What’s even more amazing is the Notre Dame was also each team’s last loss before the streaks began.

The basketball one is even crazier because I'm quite certain that UCLA broke San Francisco's 60-game streak by winning at ND.

Since Kelly hasn’t ever really won a significant game and proven to show up unprepared for the monster games , I don’t like ND chances. Clemson by 40

ADVERTISEMENT