ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers waiting?

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
Any chance transfers are waiting until after ND’s bowl game to make a decision? Especially the QB position. I know it’s popular to talk about “guys” who are not afraid of competition but if you’re transferring and have one year left you’re probably gong somewhere you all but assured to be the starter. To quote the great philosopher Tate Martell…

– don’t swing and miss
… especially not your second time

Hartman and Leary might want some kind of “evaluation” or “draft projection” before making a decision.

If Buchner plays well in the Gator Bowl and completion is see as stiffer than expected I could see a scenario where Notre Dame strikes out on QB transfers.

Any chance transfers are waiting until after ND’s bowl game to make a decision? Especially the QB position. I know it’s popular to talk about “guys” who are not afraid of competition but if you’re transferring and have one year left you’re probably gong somewhere you all but assured to be the starter. To quote the great philosopher Tate Martell…

– don’t swing and miss

Hartman and Leary might want some kind of “evaluation” or “draft projection” before making a decision.

If Buchner plays well in the Gator Bowl and completion is see as stiffer than expected I could see a scenario where Notre Dame strikes out on QB transfers.
I dont think anywhere will have a less experienced room than us

Notre Dame is going to have multiple transfers out after the game as well which may result in new needs...

Notre Dame is going to have multiple transfers out after the game as well which may result in new needs...
I don’t think needs will change by position…. Im a little shocked a few more players at some positions like corner and oline haven’t transferred yet

It’s a good question.

And it is a two way street.

I don’t believe that the NCAA had the intellectual capital to foresee the chaos that would result from eliminating the one year buffer for transferring.

The argument that coaches can leave ergo players should be able to leave never considered the disproportionate numbers in the flawed analogy, the disparate reasons for transferring and the fact that the coaches had contracts with consequences for leaving.

The NCAA created this monster and they need to fix it ASAP

– don’t swing and miss

Didn't Leary already commit to Kentucky?

ADVERTISEMENT