ADVERTISEMENT

Tough day for the Freeman Haters Club

NDDadx3

ND Expert
Dec 20, 2020
IrishBeer, Saavy and 4-4-3 must be laying low and preparing the “wait until Clemson comes to town” rebuttal … and they didn’t even get a Brian Kelly win today.

Great job by coaching staff today and if you can’t see how much they have to coach around a disasterous QB situation left by the previous coach then you are in denial.

It was a good day and the team seems to be improving. I'm hoping for a split between USC and Clemson. We had an advantage on our OL and we took advantage. Can we run on Clemson is the question.

IrishBeer, Saavy and 4-4-3 must be laying low and preparing the “wait until Clemson comes to town” rebuttal … and they didn’t even get a Brian Kelly win today.

Great job by coaching staff today and if you can’t see how much they have to coach around a disasterous QB situation left by the previous coach then you are in denial.
Ouch!

Reactions: NDinNJ
I don't hate MF. I like him as much as anyabody does. It's trash fans like the OP I could do without. It's hard to overstate how noxious these fans are, and how they make ND football as hated and spited and genuinely resented as it so frequently is by the rest of the CFB world.

In any case, the OP doesn't give a shit about MF one way the the other, nor does he possess the slightest clue how good bad or indifferent MF and his staff are performing. Like all these true-blue hater ND fans, he merely defines himself by what he disdains, not what he has any affection for. And the rest is all just blah, blah, blah....

That's the only thing that matters to the OP and his ilk....

I have reservations about Marcus Freeman; however, it's amazing who disappears after wins like today.

4-4-3, Irish Beer, Savvy post far far far less.

I have reservations about Marcus Freeman; however, it's amazing who disappears after wins like today.

4-4-3, Irish Beer, Savvy post far far far less.
You're like the worst troll weirdo oddball in the history of this board. Pretty much since it's inception I would guess. You were here when I signed up a long, long time ago, and it's been the exact same routine all the way up the present day. And no matter how reviled you may be, you just hang on, with your empty sycophancy and off-putting snarkiness. You remind me of a character in a book by Jack London called the The Sea-wolf.

NDDAD, The results were good but to be fair there was a good deal of criticism on play calling and deviating from what was working to perfection.

We will need much better game in all respects next week. Syracuse helped us a bunch in this game. So let’s take a good win, look at what we did wrong, and beat clemson. Gonirish

Reactions: raycyrx and Kelso86
We will need much better game in all respects next week. Syracuse helped us a bunch in this game. So let’s take a good win, look at what we did wrong, and beat clemson. Gonirish
"Helped us..." my ass. Syracuse got beat today, and the game was never that close.

Syracuse gave Clemson fits at Clemson a week go. Played Clemson really tough. What's your narrative for that game?

Reactions: IrishMike409

qb situation is not looking good for ‘23 is that bks fault too? Dumb statement. good win but don’t forget Stanford just gpa Anes and we lost to marshal hoping this guy is improving but today was wgat we see all year we travel and win but we can’t beat the local hs in our stadium tgis team should have 1 loss

qb situation is not looking good for ‘23 is that bks fault too? Dumb statement. good win but don’t forget Stanford just gpa Anes and we lost to marshal hoping this guy is improving but today was wgat we see all year we travel and win but we can’t beat the local hs in our stadium tgis team should have 1 loss
You people talk like Kelly used the QB room as his own private Privy at ND.

Reactions: BGI User 1596
Yes it is

USC defense cannot stop even a basic high school offense, ND will win a shootout! yep, I said shootout! 44-34.

USC defense cannot stop even a basic high school offense, ND will win a shootout! yep, I said shootout! 44-34.
shootout? Who qb’ing thet? If we win that game till be on the ground and special teams not a shootout

You're like the worst troll weirdo oddball in the history of this board. Pretty much since it's inception I would guess. You were here when I signed up a long, long time ago, and it's been the exact same routine all the way up the present day. And no matter how reviled you may be, you just hang on, with your empty sycophancy and off-putting snarkiness. You remind me of a character in a book by Jack London called the The Sea-wolf.
Now that is the definition of irony

The team played better, NO QUESTION. And the coaching was GOOD ENOUGH.

But how good is Syracuse? I DON’T KNOW. They’re undersized on defense, played over their heads against Clemson in the first half and then got completely shut down in the second. They were also pretty banged up.

Also, the game was rated as a tossup. That ND won by 17 suggests that Syracuse may have been overrated. Other than Clemson, they hadn’t played tough competition prior to playing ND. But now, Syracuse must play Pitt, FSU and Wake. They could lose any or all of them and drop from the TOP 25.

STILL, ND pushed them all over the field and with the help of some poor Shrader QB play and numerous dropped passes, ND’s D basically contained them.

The other qualifier is that Babers has coached against ND 13 times, both as an assistant and head coach. In only one game at A&M has he been victorious. And if you heard his pregame news conference, he was already making excuses about how PHYSICAL ND is. And compared to HIS TEAM, he was right.

Clemson?

ND has a shot. But can it run the ball? And if not, can it pass? I can’t see how Clemson won’t PUT UP POINTS. Can ND trade PUNCHES? We’ll see.

If ND makes a game of it, I’ll consider that POTENTIAL PROGRESS, but if it gets blown out, nothing fundamental to the program’s UPSIDE will have changed.

And, of course, if it wins, it could signify ACTUAL PROGRESS. But it will then need to go out and play CONSISTENTLY in the rest of its games. Gerry Faust’s 1982 team beat #1 Pitt 31-16 at Pitt, climbing to 6-1-1 in the process. It then lost its last three games to lesser opponents.

For Freeman, too, consistency or the LACK OF IT will tell the story.

Last edited:
Reactions: catfootballfan
The team played better, NO QUESTION. And the coaching was GOOD ENOUGH.

But how good is Syracuse? I DON’T KNOW. They’re undersized on defense, played over their heads against Clemson in the first half and then got completely shut down in the second. They were also pretty banged up.

Also, the game was rated as a tossup. That ND won by 17 suggests that Syracuse may have been overrated. Other than Clemson, they hadn’t played tough competition prior to playing ND. But now, Syracuse must play Pitt, FSU and Wake. They could lose any or all of them and drop from the TOP 25.

STILL, ND pushed them all over the field and with the help of some poor Shrader QB play and numerous dropped passes, ND’s D basically contained them.

The other qualifier is that Babers has coached against ND 13 times, both as an assistant and head coach. In only one game at A&M has he been victorious. And if you heard his pregame news conference, he was already making excuses about how PHYSICAL ND is. And compared to HIS TEAM, he was right.

Clemson?

ND has a shot. But can it run the ball? And if not, can it pass? I can’t see how Clemson won’t PUT UP POINTS. Can ND trade PUNCHES? We’ll see.

If ND makes a game of it, I’ll consider that POTENTIAL PROGRESS, but if it gets blown out, nothing fundamental to the program’s UPSIDE will have changed.

And, of course, if it wins, it could signify ACTUAL PROGRESS. But it will then need to go out and play CONSISTENTLY in the rest of its games. Gerry Faust’s 1982 team beat #1 Pitt 31-16 at Pitt, climbing to 6-1-1 in the process. It then lost its last three games to lesser opponents.

For Freeman, too, consistency or the LACK OF IT will tell the story.
I need Advil.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
The OP is blaming disgraceful home losses to .500 Marshall and below .500 Stanford on the QB. Freekin pathetic. I would say motivation level and being outcoached are easily the reasons. How many 4 and 5 star athletes do those 2 above mentioned teams have? Exactly. Syracuse sucks at recruiting and they are overrated. Dabo is an experienced coach who will whip our asses. I agree tbat Pyne is weak but there are other issues and the randomness in results will continue just like all the other bonehead hires. I want Freeman to succeed but he would have to win the rest of the games on the schedule and a bowl game to make me a believer at this point.

"Helped us..." my ass. Syracuse got beat today, and the game was never that close.

Syracuse gave Clemson fits at Clemson a week go. Played Clemson really tough. What's your narrative for that game?
Not to bring facts into the conversation on message boards, but Syracuse receivers dropped like 5 passes.

Reactions: HDK
Kelly couldn’t recruit a quality QB at ND if you paid him $500 million. It’s still good that he’s gone.

I Can’t wait to see the bloodbath next Tuesday!

Kelly couldn’t recruit a quality QB at ND if you paid him $500 million. It’s still good that he’s gone.
Didn’t Kizer start for an NFL team as a rookie ?

That would seem to be a quality QB to me.

The OP is blaming disgraceful home losses to .500 Marshall and below .500 Stanford on the QB. Freekin pathetic. I would say motivation level and being outcoached are easily the reasons. How many 4 and 5 star athletes do those 2 above mentioned teams have? Exactly. Syracuse sucks at recruiting and they are overrated. Dabo is an experienced coach who will whip our asses. I agree tbat Pyne is weak but there are other issues and the randomness in results will continue just like all the other bonehead hires. I want Freeman to succeed but he would have to win the rest of the games on the schedule and a bowl game to make me a believer at this point.
" . . . the randomness in results will continue just like all the other bonehead hires."

To me, this is the key variable as it has been the one CONSTANT in what you call previous BONEHEAD HIRES.

Though it doesn't appear likely that this season will go COMPLETELY SOUTH, there could still be anywhere between one and three REVERSALS OF FORTUNE that will not have been foreseen.

There's usually enough talent at ND to win at least 55% of its games REGARDLESS OF THE COACH. So, it's not WHOLESALE LOSING that sinks those ND coaches who don't make it.

It's INCONSISTENCY.

Freeman's fate sits SQUARELY in his hands.

4-4-3 is pretty objective in his assessments so I can’t see much in the way of contradictory opinions
I'm trying to be FAIR as I expected a closer game. But then once I actually saw Syracuse in action, I wasn't that impressed.

Still, ND did beat them up -- and as a ROAD DOG.

I'm trying to be FAIR as I expected a closer game. But then once I actually saw Syracuse in action, I wasn't that impressed.

Still, ND did beat them up -- and as a ROAD DOG.
the thing that stood out for Syr. was the inept play at QB. Hard to imagine they beat Louisville. They were clearly ‘flat’ for the game, but generally, very unimpressive.

Reactions: raycyrx
the thing that stood out for Syr. was the inept play at QB. Hard to imagine they beat Louisville. They were clearly ‘flat’ for the game, but generally, very unimpressive.
I agree.

Lol. It’s definitely “FAIR” to say before the game that ND won’t beat team A or it’ll be close, then when ND pounds team A, say team A wasn’t that good. “FAIR”, my ass!

ADVERTISEMENT