ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy Reese brain fart Vs Brian Kelly brain fart

rivals50

ND Expert
Sep 6, 2009
Up 7 and pretty much putting the game away even with a field goal tells the QB to throw on 1st down. pick 6 & 10-14 point swing.

Who else remembers Tommy's daddy making him do the same thing against Tulsa in 2010.
Score 28-27 We were on 25 yards and needed a field goal to win and Kelly tells him to throw. Tommy throws a pick on 1st down in the end zone and we lose by one.

Up 7 and pretty much putting the game away even with a field goal tells the QB to throw on 1st down. pick 6 & 10-14 point swing.

Who else remembers Tommy's daddy making him do the same thing against Tulsa in 2010.
Score 28-27 We were on 25 yards and needed a field goal to win and Kelly tells him to throw. Tommy throws a pick on 1st down in the end zone and we lose by one.
Wait. I thought nobody felt this was a bad decision…

Wait. I thought nobody felt this was a bad decision…

Tommy should have never thrown that ball either if it makes you and your 6 coaching buddies feel better. We were already in FG(19 yard line) range, down by 1, 36 seconds left in the game. There was zero reason to throw the ball at all honestly

Last edited:
Tommy should have never thrown that ball either if it makes you and your 6 coaching buddies feel better. We were already in FG range, down by 1, 36 seconds left in the game. There was zero reason to throw the ball at all honestly
I showed them
Your stuff today. Simple cut and paste to text. They’ve been laughing pretty hard at you.

I showed them
Your stuff today. Simple cut and paste to text. They’ve been laughing pretty hard at you.

I bet they have. Haha. I’ll comfort myself by hugging my little league trophies.

Last edited:
Yeah. Never been into that. And It’s the off season bud.

My kids play. This week is their Super Bowl. I assume it would be for most leagues since they’re all set up virtually the same schedule wise. It’s literally all I’ve heard about this week. I haven’t played it in years. I find it kind of stupid to be honest.

Yeah. No idea. Tried it once years ago. People were pissed because I was coaching actual football and forgot to move injured players off my roster etc. it’s kinda lame. TBH.

Reactions: NotreDomer1

"Get used to it"

I don't trust college kickers especially from 42 yards. But I have allready forgotten that ancient game. I do remember getting a big bowl win against a ranked hot as a pistol SEC team yesterday ! What a GREAT win by the Irish !

I don't trust college kickers especially from 42 yards. But I have allready forgotten that ancient game. I do remember getting a big bowl win against a ranked hot as a pistol SEC team yesterday ! What a GREAT win by the Irish !
Just FYI. Relish the game all you want but South Carolina was missing quite a few starters that even if half of them played it may have swayed the outcome.

• Haha
Reactions: Ndapolis1

Nice job with the thread title.

The punctuation mark to Ohio State's choke job was Day playing for the long fg and gaining nothing on 2nd and 3rd down. Even a 5 yard run up the middle may have changed the game.

in 2010 the correct play was to call timeout and tell your true frosh qb don't throw to anyone who is not wide open. And in 2005 Weis should not have ended the SC game with all 3 timeouts in his pocket.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Tommy should have never thrown that ball either if it makes you and your 6 coaching buddies feel better. We were already in FG(19 yard line) range, down by 1, 36 seconds left in the game. There was zero reason to throw the ball at all honestly
Ask Pete Carroll. He's a great coach and look at what he did in the Super Bowl. Every coach with an ego has brain farts at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT