ADVERTISEMENT

Today's press conference...

ND future HC perhaps???

I hope so. Too bad he doesn't coach offense or recruit offense. Maybe if he is hired as head coach, he will bring in a competent offensive staff. My guess is he will be here one year, maybe two and then he'll be hired as a head coach somewhere else.

Reactions: Zorich 88
I hope so. Too bad he doesn't coach offense or recruit offense. Maybe if he is hired as head coach, he will bring in a competent offensive staff. My guess is he will be here one year, maybe two and then he'll be hired as a head coach somewhere else.

If his defenses keep the opponents to 0 points per game or close to it (not really possible in today's game, but the Bucs came close), then an "ok" offense will be ok. We'll win games like 3-0, 7-3, etc.

Yeah if we had a good offensive staff ,we might make the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. 😉

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yeah if we had a good offensive staff ,we might make the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. 😉
Another way of looking at it...A good offensive staff could game plan for the offense to score more than 17 points in those 2 playoff games.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbonesays
This sounds so familiar. Dayne Crist will lead us to a championship. Jimmy Clausen is the next Tom Brady. Charlie Weis will win 3 titles because he’s the reason for all the Patriots success. Kelly is a poor choice because he’s never proven anything at a big program. Book will win the Heisman. We will beat Bama. Vangorder is so exciting. He’s going to make our defense unstoppable. I love the enthusiasm, but we are rarely right around here. I don’t mean to be a downer, but there’s little reason to think this guy will be our head coach. Clark Lea is head and shoulders more likely and he won’t even be in the running likely unless he wins 10 games at Vandy amd a big bowl game. I’m excited about what this man brings to recruiting amd our defense and he was my first choice to replace Lea. However, I’d keep Lea in a heart beat if offered the choice. ND will look to a winning head coach to replace Kelly. ND is no joke. We aren’t going to hire from within unless that person is interim head coach and the admin feels for good reasons that he’s just as good as BK. That’s extremely unlikely for a guy that will probably be gone after a year or two to head coach at a smaller D1 program. They’ll hire someone like Fickell or someone else in that is hugely successful somewhere else. I’m hoping this dude does well for us and then gets a hc job somewhere decent and wins. In that amount of time BK will retire and we will hire a great hc like a Fickell amd BK type. This man has a lot to prove. I’m glad he’s at ND and he’s hungry to make a name.

Last edited:
Reactions: athenaniko
This sounds so familiar. Dayne Crist will lead us to a championship. Jimmy Clausen is the next Tom Brady. Charlie Weis will win 3 titles because he’s the reason for all the Patriots success. Kelly is a poor choice because he’s never proven anything at a big program. Book will win the Heisman. We will beat Bama. Vangorder is so exciting. He’s going to make our defense unstoppable. I love the enthusiasm, but we are rarely right around here. I don’t mean to be a downer, but there’s little reason to think this guy will be our head coach. Clark Lea is head and shoulders more likely and he won’t even be in the running likely unless he wins 10 games at Vandy amd a big bowl game. I’m excited about what this man brings to recruiting amd our defense and he was my first choice to replace Lea. However, I’d keep Lea in a heart beat if offered the choice. ND will look to a winning head coach to replace Kelly. ND is no joke. They’ll hire someone like Fickell or someone else in that is hugely successful somewhere else.
Freeman will without a doubt be a head coach sooner rather than later.

Lea and Freeman will be good head coaches for any program. Now, I am not saying or declaring either one of them to be a Nick Saban or Dabo level program builder. However, both of these men are
great leaders
truly care about their players
strive and work their butts off to be the best coach they can be.

3 keys to be successful

Last edited:
Another way of looking at it...A good offensive staff could game plan for the offense to score more than 17 points in those 2 playoff games.
Or without a good offensive staff ,we don't get to the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT