ADVERTISEMENT

Tj Sheffield

Seems weird to be turning away recruits of his caliber... hope it doesn't bite us.
Everything I’ve read says ND is looking to add speed with remaining WR recruits. This kid is quick and a hard nosed football player with excellent hands, just not a speed guy. His commitment seemingly came out of nowhere, and along with his stated plans to take all his official visits, made many of us suggest his commitment would be short lived. Don’t think anyone thought it would end quite this quickly. Interested to hear what transpired from a ND perspective, versus his representation that ND changed their minds and refused his commitment after the fact.

Reactions: Ara64 and draco40
Sounds like coach Alexander messed this 1 up! Tj was told ND no longer an option
Did the coach mess it up? Or did the kid not have a commitable offer and make a pre-mature announcement? There were people on TOS that questioned his commitment from the moment he made it, believing he did not have a commitable offer.

Reactions: Ara64 and TXNDFan88
Did the coach mess it up? Or did the kid not have a commitable offer and make a pre-mature announcement? There were people on TOS that questioned his commitment from the moment he made it, believing he did not have a commitable offer.

He did not have a commitable offer, but Alexander not only accepted his commitment he spoke to his parents & congratulated them.

It is a cluster all the way around.

The kid hadn’t spoken to ND about a spot since January but committed out of nowhere.
He also had 3 schools listed in his top 4 who he didn’t have a commitable offer from.

But Alexander for some reason accepted it.

He did not have a commitable offer, but Alexander not only accepted his commitment he spoke to his parents & congratulated them.

The kid hadn’t spoken to ND about a spot since January but committed out of nowhere.
He also had 3 schools listed in his top 4 who he didn’t have a commitable offer from.

Bad form on the coach's part. Probably a not so friendly conversation with Kelly ensued.

Reactions: Ara64
Now we see why Kelly and Long kept quiet along with other 2019 recruits. ND is in the elite zone recruiting or bust. Alexander messed up in his desire to prove himself on the recruiting trail. It took Kelly a few days to sort it out. #plenty of hurt feelings on this one.

Apparently, TJ made his commitment while the staff were all gone on vacation. They grew lukewarm on the youngster as the staff hadn't had him back on campus since January. This according to a radio interview today by Bryan Driscoll from BGI. Bryan had more to say but my grandson was a non stop talking machine about the Cubs and I couldn't hear the car radio that well.

Reactions: Notredamefan5931

I love the info you provide, but feel this might be crossing the line just a wee bit. If I was on the staff, and the one who provided you with such insight, I'd pull back on continuing to provide such detailed info moving forward. Alexander is currently a coach on the staff, and this certainly doesn't paint him in the brightest light possible. Perhaps a more cryptic message would have been warranted. But again, enjoy most all of your contributions.

I love the info you provide, but feel this might be crossing the line just a wee bit. If I was on the staff, and the one who provided you with such insight, I'd pull back on continuing to provide such detailed info moving forward. Alexander is currently a coach on the staff, and this certainly doesn't paint him in the brightest light possible. Perhaps a more cryptic message would have been warranted. But again, enjoy most all of your contributions.
All of that information was published by the recruit himself so I am not sure why there would be a need to be cryptic.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
ADVERTISEMENT