ADVERTISEMENT

Timmy Brown The Legend

We scored 21 points against Marshall, 10 vs Ohio State, 14 against Stanford, 24 vs Cal, and 27 against a bad USC defense that Utah scored 47 and 43 against. We have been relying on our defense to bail out our offense for 2-3 years. Half the teams USC played in 2022 scored more than 27 points. I’m not one of the big Rees haters, but Saban might have dementia like our president. Rees is fine. Not great. At least not yet. He might get better and be great. I hope he does, but I am not sure he’s as big a loss as some are making it out to be.

We scored 21 points against Marshall, 10 vs Ohio State, 14 against Stanford, 24 vs Cal, and 27 against a bad USC defense that Utah scored 47 and 43 against. We have been relying on our defense to bail out our offense for 2-3 years. Half the teams USC played in 2022 scored more than 27 points. I’m not one of the big Rees haters, but Saban might have dementia like our president. Rees is fine. Not great. At least not yet. He might get better and be great. I hope he does, but I am not sure he’s as big a loss as some are making it out to be.
Email Nick Saban and voice your concerns.

giphy.gif

Your response is ignorant. He can have him. Brown is right. You thinking Saban can’t possibly make mistakes makes you seem like a simpleton.
You cant get every guy you want. Rees was not Saban’s first choice nor was Kevin Steele as DC but guess what Glen Schuman wasn’t going to happen, Jim Leonard wants an nfl job and they couldn’t hire Jeremy Pruitt so Steele it is. Same with TR, Saban liked Grubb, Lebby , Mulin and interviewed others, it didn’t work out, so Rees it is. Not every guy you want is available and it’s still Saban’s offense

All due respect, but when it comes to coaching and evaluating coaches, I'm going with Saban over Tim Brown, and the know nothing idiots on this board. Again with all due respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: baron100
Eviscerated Tommy Reese on twitter LOL
Sour grapes

I love Tim but come on!!!

ND had no threat at QB. Plays are predicable when you lack a true passing threat.

Nick knows 100x’s more about football than Tim. Nick sees something in Tommy.

I trust the guy with what 6 rings???

First, you’re the know nothing moron who knows nothing about football who thinks he’s better qualified than Nick Saban when it comes to evaluating coaches.

Who’s the better coach, Tim Brown or Nick Saban ?
Simple question, but I know that you don’t have the brains to answer it !

Silly me, I didn’t know that Tim Brown played under TR.

I also didn’t know that TB was able to discern who formulated the game plan, who called each play and whether or not a called play was audibled.
Great post my friend

Sour grapes

I love Tim but come on!!!

ND had no threat at QB. Plays are predicable when you lack a true passing threat.

Nick knows 100x’s more about football than Tim. Nick sees something in Tommy.

I trust the guy with what 6 rings???
Why would he have sour grapes over Tommy Rees, they have no relationship LOL

Plays have been predictable since TR became OC

Chip Longs offenses were a little better than Tommys

A LOT BETTER.

I don't have a problem with na oc saying hey this is my bread and butter and I'm going to run it because I believe we are better than you. My issue is that Tommy never seemed comfortable pressing opposing DCs. He would run what he wanted no matter what into any front designed to prevent it and would rarely of ever challenge the perimeter.

Long was similarly methodical, but would probe what the defense was giving him and challenge them to make them adjust. I'm very confident that in similar situations this year you would have seen long run outside and try a screen game that simply seemed like a foreign concept to Tommy.

The problem was half the fan base actually though Pyne/Angeli we're viable options for a top 10 team. They werent. So expectations once Buchner went down didn't adjust.

As it became clear ND was going to completely ignore the field side, not run east west, and not use a screen game that is where a lot of criticism is deserved towards Rees.

I don't hate Rees, but I do not think he should have been cutting his teeth as a play caller at Notre Dame. It is the same reason I don't like Brady as a replacement. Our position coaches are stellar. Get a proven strategist and a play caller in the oc chair.

Brown is na ND legend. He has every right to criticize another "ND" man for leaving the position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ndapolis1
The problem was half the fan base actually though Pyne/Angeli we're viable options for a top 10 team. They werent. So expectations once Buchner went down didn't adjust.

As it became clear ND was going to completely ignore the field side, not run east west, and not use a screen game that is where a lot of criticism is deserved towards Rees.

I don't hate Rees, but I do not think he should have been cutting his teeth as a play caller at Notre Dame. It is the same reason I don't like Brady as a replacement. Our position coaches are stellar. Get a proven strategist and a play caller in the oc chair.

Brown is na ND legend. He has every right to criticize another "ND" man for leaving the position.
Buchner was crap this year before injury and after (SC Defense was bad and decimated). That's on Rees.

Like i've said, he at times has a really good game plan and can call some great plays but he hasn't shown the ability to coach and he just finally started recruiting when MF joined.

Buchner was crap this year before injury and after (SC Defense was bad and decimated). That's on Rees.

Like i've said, he at times has a really good game plan and can call some great plays but he hasn't shown the ability to coach and he just finally started recruiting when MF joined.
And Buchner was 100*s better than the backups...also on Rees.

Nick Saban disagrees with you.

Sour grapes because Tommy left ND for Bama

I guess I don’t know what “predictable” plays mean

ND had a very good record with Tommy calling plays. 10-2 his first year I believe.

Tommy is a very good OC

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
All due respect, but when it comes to coaching and evaluating coaches, I'm going with Saban over Tim Brown, and the know nothing idiots on this board. Again with all due respect.
How do you evaluate idiots, if they don't agree with you? Must be lonely and bitter

Sour grapes because Tommy left ND for Bama

I guess I don’t know what “predictable” plays mean

ND had a very good record with Tommy calling plays. 10-2 his first year I believe.

Tommy is a very good OC
How many coaches have left Notre Dame over the years and he never said a word...

I'm not surprised you don't k ow what predictable means...

Tommy is a good OC with ups and downs. We were a little better with Chip as OC

No, they’re not !
Tommy Rees 3 years as OC

Record - 30 and 8

Offensive ppg ranks

2020- 30th
2021 - 20th
2022 - 42nd

Chip Long 3 years as OC

Record - 33 and 6

2017 - 24th
2018 - 42nd
2019 - 13th

Chips team record and offensive ppg were both better than Tommys

Stop lying LYING PATTY

Tommy Rees 3 years as OC

Record - 30 and 8

Offensive ppg ranks

2020- 30th
2021 - 20th
2022 - 42nd

Chip Long 3 years as OC

Record - 33 and 6

2017 - 24th
2018 - 42nd
2019 - 13th

Chips team record and offensive ppg were both better than Tommys

Stop lying LYING PATTY
Yup. And with a harder schedule

Tommy is definitely not predictable. The seasons Tommy was the OC Notre Dame had some very good offensive seasons. The type of seasons predicable coaches don’t have.

I am not sure if Tim said anything when other coaches left. But Tim is way off in his assessment of Tommy. Zero reason to go after the guys OC abilities. ND did very good with Tommy.

I dont care. The actual stats and results are on my side
"...stats and results." I guess Nick Saban did not read Tommy Rees's "stats and results...," and compare them to Chip Long or others, before hiring Tommy, and paying him 2-million per season.

He should have contacted you. Poor Nick.

Tommy is definitely not predictable. The seasons Tommy was the OC Notre Dame had some very good offensive seasons. The type of seasons predicable coaches don’t have.

I am not sure if Tim said anything when other coaches left. But Tim is way off in his assessment of Tommy. Zero reason to go after the guys OC abilities. ND did very good with Tommy.
Your first sentence made me laugh pretty hard. Thank you

"...stats and results." I guess Nick Saban did not read Tommy Rees's "stats and results...," and compare them to Chip Long or others, before hiring Tommy, and paying him 2-million per season.

He should have contacted you. Poor Nick.
Coaches make mistakes all the time. So do GMs. So do owners.

Not saying this is a mistake. I dont really care if he succeeds or fails

But the fact still remains, the offense was a little better with Chip than Tommy

But the fact still remains, the offense was a little better with Chip than Tommy
and Tommy's worst year was when he had full control over the offense and QBs. It's the worst our offense and QBs have looked probably since he played. Gosh, didn't think of that until now.

Yeah, i'm personally of the opinion he will never coach again at ND even if he does well so I don't care how he does.

Chip Long was recently fired as OC by Georgia Tech, and Alabama is now paying Tommy Rees 2-million per year to be the OC.

Something is contradictory here.

Chip Long was recently fired as OC by Georgia Tech, and Alabama is now paying Tommy Rees 2-million per year to be the OC.

Chip long has shown what his abilities are/aren't and probably has maxed out. Rees is 30 and has upside, just hasn't proven anything yet. To other peoples point, bama OC is where you go when you aren't that good to make it easy to look good for your next gig.

Maybe Rees will become a great OC/Coach, but he's not close to there yet.

Chip long has shown what his abilities are/aren't and probably has maxed out. Rees is 30 and has upside, just hasn't proven anything yet. To other peoples point, bama OC is where you go when you aren't that good to make it easy to look good for your next gig.
Interesting narrative.

Just pointing out the facts on how they did here. Not how they did elsewhere

But if TR had the 40th ranked offense this season with our talent, I wonder how hed do with GT talent

All speculation. Just going on facts, Chip was better at Notre Dame than Tommy was

So….you use recruiting to criticize his coaching. Figures. Saban can see that the ND offense was limited under Pyne. And Saban won’t have to worry about recruiting.

He, like BK, will do better than you suggest

So….you use recruiting to criticize his coaching. Figures. Saban can see that the ND offense was limited under Pyne. And Saban won’t have to worry about recruiting.

He, like BK, will do better than you suggest
I didn’t suggest bk would do bad but I don’t think he’ll win a title

If rees only has to call llays at bama he’ll probably do damn well, if he has to coach the qbs then I’m not as confident

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT