ADVERTISEMENT

Time for football...

I find myself caring less and less every year. I used wake up and start watching whatever college football game was on starting at 12:00 PM (9:00 AM when I lived in California). Last year I only watched a few ND games (Clemson, UNC, ACC title game and the Rose Bowl). I have zero interest in 2021 so far. Maybe that will change in August.

I find myself caring less and less every year. I used wake up and start watching whatever college football game was on starting at 12:00 PM (9:00 AM when I lived in California). Last year I only watched a few ND games (Clemson, UNC, ACC title game and the Rose Bowl). I have zero interest in 2021 so far. Maybe that will change in August.
I get it. I quickly moving to a place where the only sport I watch is ND Football.

I was a huge basketball fan at one point, but I’m totally turned off by the NBA now.

If I’m home on a Sunday, then football is “on in the background”, but I no longer spend my Sunday watching NFL.

There is always competitive eating. Joey Chestnut is like Babe Ruth.

I'm 67 now and became a ND fan at the tender age of 9 - I've endured the retirement of Parseghian, the hiring of Devine, the oust Faust era, the coming of Holtz, the darkest days in ND Football History-Davie through Weis, and the partly cloudy days of BK. Nothing will ever put out the love I have for ND football. You'll recognize me in heaven one day because I'll be humming the ND Victory March.

Really sorry to read this, and hope you catch fire in the belly for ND this upcoming season. I still wake up on Saturday’s planning around the ND game. I sometimes watch other games, but rarely. I don’t get quite as loud or upset with poor officiating or losses, but my heart is racing and my blood is pumping as we near kick off. I hope never to lose this enthusiasm for this team and University that I love, and honestly hope your enthusiasm is reignited by your own cherished memories.

I live close enough to SB, I often just go to campus for game day. Sometimes I buy tickets, other times I just watch it on the way home.

I'm 67 now and became a ND fan at the tender age of 9 - I've endured the retirement of Parseghian, the hiring of Devine, the oust Faust era, the coming of Holtz, the darkest days in ND Football History-Davie through Weis, and the partly cloudy days of BK. Nothing will ever put out the love I have for ND football. You'll recognize me in heaven one day because I'll be humming the ND Victory March.
Everyone will be humming the Notre Dame victory march in heaven. You will have to use some other identification.

Ara,
Do you think they let me at least hear you if I’m down under?

Reactions: rgc7
We might as well enjoy the NBA, NHL, and whatever soccer tourney, while they last. Soon the sports world will be in the MLB desert and not much to do except count down to football.

Reactions: rgc7
Good one Ara. I have 8 years on you. And in Okla. as a Catholic kid mesmerized by the Catholic Boys magazine stories about the OU- N. Dame game in South Bend in 1952. So an Irish fan in the north end zone in Norman on Nov. 16, 1957 cheering for your guys. Only took Bud Wilkenson 5 years to convert me. And was pissed when the Irish got lucky in Norman in '62. Finally got payback in what year? 2013 I think. Lpve the games. You guys should be good this year. OU will be too. Maybe we meet at the Cotton Bowl in early Jan. Think we have the better QB.

One of my best friends in Seminary came from Oklahoma and another one came from Alabama. Every Monday we had lunch and talked a ton of football. Hope you well and can't wait for the next matchup. GO IRISH and beat OU and roll the Tide.

Reactions: tbonesays and rgc7
This may be one of those years when the Tide gets left out. With A&M, LSU, Ga and Miami to play they have a very tough schedule.

This may be one of those years when the Tide gets left out. With A&M, LSU, Ga and Miami to play they have a very tough schedule.
That generally means the Tide lost to Auburn and they have a new coach.

Would play Ga only if they get to SEC Championship game. But also play Florida.

Would play Ga only if they get to SEC Championship game. But also play Florida.
11-1 Bama that missed the SECCG gets into the playoff. I could see the Tide getting upset at UF but I do not see a 2nd loss on the schedule. If Gus was still coaching I could say maybe they lose the Iron Bowl on the road.

I get the fact that Bama is a beyond outstanding program but look at what they lost.

1. 5 1st Rd picks and a 2nd Rd pick---------- on offense.

2. The OC and the OL Coach

That's just a ton to replace even for them.

Florida and A&M on the road and Miami at a neutral site.

If you're gonna get em this might be the year.

11-1 Bama that missed the SECCG gets into the playoff. I could see the Tide getting upset at UF but I do not see a 2nd loss on the schedule. If Gus was still coaching I could say maybe they lose the Iron Bowl on the road.
I think they will lose to Texas A&M. Fisher has done some great recruiting. As has LSU. Agree if they are 12-0 and only lose to Ga. in the championship game Saban's cred may get them in. But I don't think it likely.

I get the fact that Bama is a beyond outstanding program but look at what they lost.

1. 5 1st Rd picks and a 2nd Rd pick---------- on offense.

2. The OC and the OL Coach

That's just a ton to replace even for them.

Florida and A&M on the road and Miami at a neutral site.

If you're gonna get em this might be the year.
Yeah those saying Alabama will not miss a beat forget how so many said the same thing about LSU. Though LSU lost a lot more.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Auburn and LSU kept them out of the playoffs in years past. And SEC is loaded as usual. Tenn. likely not a big risk but Ole Miss might be. Will be surprised if they make it. If Ga beats Clemson will likely be No. 1.

Auburn and LSU kept them out of the playoffs in years past. And SEC is loaded as usual. Tenn. likely not a big risk but Ole Miss might be. Will be surprised if they make it. If Ga beats Clemson will likely be No. 1.
Alabama has made the playoff 6 of the 7 years. The 1 year they didnt their qb got injured along with a bunch of other injuries. If they are healthy, they'll be there. They are loaded

Reactions: jcswoopnh
ADVERTISEMENT