ADVERTISEMENT

This year's Bowl Schedule

I noticed that ND is listed w/ the ACC & the Big 10 on a few bowl slots. W/ duoche’s logic, ND must be a member of the big 10 too. Lol. Love the fact that we use his beloved conference to park our non-football teams. It seems unfair but oh well, it makes conference honks like duoche cringe, so I love it.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
It looks if I did my counting correct. Notre Dame is technically eligible for up to 13 bowl games and 14 if we go to the NC game

It looks if I did my counting correct. Notre Dame is technically eligible for up to 13 bowl games and 14 if we go to the NC game
And before the ACC arrangement it was usually 3 to 4 each year max.

And before the ACC arrangement it was usually 3 to 4 each year max.

That was one of the many reasons why ND joined the ACC. Now that Conference distributions exceed over $20 million per year and are rising rapidly it seems logical that soon the ND administration will chose to join the Conference full time in football. Money talks, so we shall see.

That was one of the many reasons why ND joined the ACC. Now that Conference distributions exceed over $20 million per year and are rising rapidly it seems logical that soon the ND administration will chose to join the Conference full time in football. Money talks, so we shall see.
If it was only about money, we'd be in about our 10th year as a full fledged member of the Big 10 right now. It's not only about money.

If it was only about money, we'd be in about our 10th year as a full fledged member of the Big 10 right now. It's not only about money.

Agree, there are many sound reasons but as the pay outs continue to grow money is becoming more and more compelling.

Now days the three most important things in CFB are 1.) money 2.) money and 3.) (you guessed it).............MONEY.

Last edited:
San Jose as the site for the Championship game is a joke. Lousy location, little to do, limited hotels, at least an hour to San Francisco and no real major local football presence in area outside of Stanford which boasts an average home game attendance in the low 30K.

San Jose as the site for the Championship game is a joke. Lousy location, little to do, limited hotels, at least an hour to San Francisco and no real major local football presence in area outside of Stanford which boasts an average home game attendance in the low 30K.

"San Jose as the site for the Championship game is a joke"

So -- if ND makes the Championship game, they should turn it down?

I can’t believe someone is bitching about the location? Some people will bitch about anything.

Reactions: Kelso86
Who would want to go to the Bay Area for a game? Hold it in Detroit or Minneapolis instead.

ADVERTISEMENT