ADVERTISEMENT

This Irish team is of National Championship calibre.

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
And I said this after the Duke game, also. The Irish team physically beat up Duke. And I could see the talent from top to bottom on the Irish.

The Irish have only given up one TD in the first two games. We have a great defense from top to bottom. We don't rely on a handfull of stars. We are loaded from first to third string--like Alabama used to be on defense.
We can stop the run.
We can stop the pass.
We can play great special teams.
We can run the damn ball !
We have a 5th year senior at QB in Ian Book that refuses to lose and plays hard which rubs off on the rest of the team.

*** The offensive line is probably the best or close to the best the Irish have ever had.
Everyone on the Oline including the tight ends are great blockers and ALL of them will be playing in the NFL.

*** We have a great defensive coach and he shows no mercy as he will dial up blitzes just to save shut outs.

*** Brian Kelly is preparing the Irish for Clemson in November.. That game makes the season. That is why he is not showing evreything especially in the pass game.
** Brian Kelly is getting Jordan Johnson and Kevin Austin ready for the Clemson game. They will need them. Ian Book will look super when he gets the top receivers ready ! Just like Tommy Tremble helps him out now.

This is the Year we win the BIG GAMES !! The Irish have the talent and depth to get over the Hump this year !!

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake Forest !!
34 to 6 !!

And I said this after the Duke game, also. The Irish team physically beat up Duke. And I could see the talent from top to bottom on the Irish.

The Irish have only given up one TD in the first two games. We have a great defense from top to bottom. We don't rely on a handfull of stars. We are loaded from first to third string--like Alabama used to be on defense.
We can stop the run.
We can stop the pass.
We have a 5th year senior at QB in Ian Book that refuses to lose and plays hard which rubs off on the rest of the team.

*** The offensive line is probably the best or close to the best the Irish have ever had.
Everyone on the Oline including the tight ends are great blockers and ALL of them will be playing in the NFL.

*** We have a great defensive coach and he shows no mercy as he will dial up blitzes just to save shut outs.

*** Brian Kelly is preparing the Irish for Clemson in November.. That game makes the season. That is why he is not showing evreything especially in the pass game.
** Brian Kelly is getting Jordan Johnson and Kevin Austin ready for the Clemson game. They will need them. Ian Book will look super when he gets the top receivers ready ! Just like Tommy Tremble helps him out now.

This is the Year we win the BIG GAMES !! The Irish have the talent and depth to get over the Hump this year !!

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake Forest !!
34 to 6 !!
We need Austin to get back healthy. Because wide receiver is a major weakness

Here's some interesting quotes from the recent former Clemson Offensive Coordinator, '“I tip my cap to them,” Scott said of the Irish. “I felt like I was playing Clemson out there for a majority of the day — just in gold helmets.”' “Before (watching) video and after the game, I feel like this is the best team that coach Kelly has had during his time here,” Scott said. “I think he feels the same way. I think he’s made some comments about that leading up to it. It’s definitely a playoff-caliber team.”'

Bodi love your enthusiasm but the passing game has to be better or they will be one dementional . Teams will watch film and go after weaknesses. Would love to see some long passes against WF. Not enough sweeps or misdirections either. They could utilize Lenzy more. Mayer too.

if you say good things about your opponent, you look better by default

Kind of difficult to gauge this team given our first two opponents. We played yesterday with a ton of back ups due to Covid exposure issues, and we didn’t miss a beat; a testament to our recruiting improvement and coaching, but also a bit of fools gold given The opponent.
Several things stand out to me:
Every one of our running backs ran hard, broke tackles, and fought for the extra yard on literally every run.
Our defensive backs are active and even knew when to turn their heads to find the damn ball.
Two deep or even three deep are Going to be thrust into starting lineups in this Covid world.
Our OL played great. Both pass pro and run blocking. Again, ? The quality of opponent.
WR is major concern For the immediate future. Desperately need Austin and full compliment of receivers in order to excel.
Book had all day to pass, accurate for the most part, but never threw over the top...risk adverse or receiver shortcoming?
Two and Three TE set is our strength right now, but can’t win a NC without a downfield game.
Tremble at fullback reminded me of Stanford’s running game, and his Blocking was elite.

We can stop the run.
We can stop the pass.

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake Forest !!
34 to 6 !!
Man i hope you are right

We don't have the QB or WR play to be a national championship team. IMO, it's an excellent, 2 loss, top 15 team from what I've seen so far. 10-2 (including the ACC Championship game and bowl game) isn't outside of the realm of possibility...

I don't know, I wouldn't think so. But if we can beat everybody but Clemson and give Clemson a good run for their money then I'll take it.

Not, of course, that we're definitely not 'playoff caliber'. I don't even know what that means, I think of that as sports-speak blather. You win all your games, you make the playoff - then you're playoff-caliber. Book has already gotten us to the playoff once, so why he couldn't he do it again? All he has to do is beat Clemson. Which in no way am I conceding that we won't, only that that is what it will come down to.

Clemson is the dominant team in the nation right now, and that is a tough order to beat them. And of course we can't lose any other games, duh. So I'll just take it one week at a time! And it is nice to have such warm praise lavished upon us by a Dabo disciple.

Chillllllllll, dude. ND definitely has talent to get to a F4. As we’ve seen, once there, it’s a different level of football Clemson, OSU and Bama play. Just enjoy each game without pinning 75 Heisman trophies on ND players.

Reactions: ohio1980
We don't have the QB or WR play to be a national championship team. IMO, it's an excellent, 2 loss, top 15 team from what I'bRIANve seen so far. 10-2 (including the ACC Championship game and bowl game) isn't outside of the realm of possibility...

We have Jordan Johnson and Kevin Austin who will be playing for the Clemson game. We have Tommy Tremble and Braden Lenzy. We have Lawrence Keys and Kyren Williams and Jafar Armstrong out of the backfield. We have Joe Wilkins Jr. and Javon McKinley. We have Brock Wright and Michael Mayer.
We have plenty of receiving weapons and a Great QB WHO CAN DISH IT TO THE PLAYMAKERS.

*** Brian Kelly is playing chess while you are playing checkers.

Brian Kelly knows this team is talented enough to easily beat the teams we play before Clemson. He knows the Clemson game will make or break the season. Therefore he is not going to show alot before that game. He is developing players by playing everyone.
He is developing a Smashmouth team that can play when the Gales of November come early. (no more repeats of the game at Michigan last year) Ian Book hasn't had the time enough to get in sync with his receivers. But by November he will.
And lastly, Notre Dame won National Championships in 73,77, and 88 without the skill speed players that teams like USC and Miami had.
We played blue collar Smashmouth football and beat down the other teams. . And we are going to do the same damn thing this year !!... Our Oline is the best by far in college football !! And our Dline's depth is better than Alabama !
....Thus Spoke Bodizephax ..

Reactions: sluggo69 and spenna
Brock Wright seemed ill prepared for a pass to him. Mayer is far and above better at that. He should've been in that spot on the throw. I bet he would've hauled it in.

ND will not win a national championship while Book is at QB. Alabama, lSU and Clemson won a national championship because they had elite QB's. Book is a good QB but far from elite. Yes, ND will out talent most of teams in the ACC but not the heavy weights of the world. Right now ND has more talent in the On-line, D-line and better tight ends than Clemson going two deep, but there is a glaring difference at QB. You are right ND should have beaten Georgia twice but we did not because our offense could not score enough. You need an NFL QB to win National titles and Book is not. Luckily, this Buchner kid looks like the real deal.
I would not be surprised if he started as a true freshman.

Reactions: hoopsstar12
ND will not win a national championship while Book is at QB. Alabama, lSU and Clemson won a national championship because they had elite QB's. Book is a good QB but far from elite. Yes, ND will out talent most of teams in the ACC but not the heavy weights of the world. Right now ND has more talent in the On-line, D-line and better tight ends than Clemson going two deep, but there is a glaring difference at QB. You are right ND should have beaten Georgia twice but we did not because our offense could not score enough. You need an NFL QB to win National titles and Book is not. Luckily, this Buchner kid looks like the real deal.
I would not be surprised if he started as a true freshman.

John Parker Wilson and Greg MCcelroy were not elite qb.s. But I get your drift on elite qb's winning them recently. This will be the year that the Irish win it with great defense and a great Oline. The worm will turn.

Reactions: IrishMike409

We can stop the run.
We can stop the pass.

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake Forest !!
34 to 6 !!
Really good team like Clemson or Alabama or Ohio State, it doesn't matter what you show. The Team's defensive coordinator knows everything you're going to run? There's only so many types of passes, Crossing patterns, we arouse, Etc that you have. you want to be unpredictable on offense, I think Rees will get there.

been since 1988? that the last one?
can anyone list the ND coaches during that span ?

We have Jordan Johnson and Kevin Austin who will be playing for the Clemson game. We have Tommy Tremble and Braden Lenzy. We have Lawrence Keys and Kyren Williams and Jafar Armstrong out of the backfield. We have Joe Wilkins Jr. and Javon McKinley. We have Brock Wright and Michael Mayer.
We have plenty of receiving weapons and a Great QB WHO CAN DISH IT TO THE PLAYMAKERS.

*** Brian Kelly is playing chess while you are playing checkers.

Brian Kelly knows this team is talented enough to easily beat the teams we play before Clemson. He knows the Clemson game will make or break the season. Therefore he is not going to show alot before that game. He is developing players by playing everyone.
He is developing a Smashmouth team that can play when the Gales of November come early. (no more repeats of the game at Michigan last year) Ian Book hasn't had the time enough to get in sync with his receivers. But by November he will.
And lastly, Notre Dame won National Championships in 73,77, and 88 without the skill speed players that teams like USC and Miami had.
We played blue collar Smashmouth football and beat down the other teams. . And we are going to do the same damn thing this year !!... Our Oline is the best by far in college football !! And our Dline's depth is better than Alabama !
....Thus Spoke Bodizephax ..
Man i hope you are right

It's going to be almost impossible to predict the season, if a season actually plays out to the end. Irish had players out for USF, some supposedly testing positive. One was scratched Saturday morning before the game. Players will be out this week too. We don't even know who will be available for any certain game. And if something happens to Ian, anything, that really could be an issue now that Phil was run out of Dodge. Scenario last week was a true Freshman with no game experience as the back up. That's how crazy the 2020 season will be. Same for all the other programs. Houston has scheduled and rescheduled games three times from what I heard on the ACC Network. Predictions can only be made thinking everyone is available, healthy, and the season will play out.

It's going to be almost impossible to predict the season, if a season actually plays out to the end. Irish had players out for USF, some supposedly testing positive. One was scratched Saturday morning before the game. Players will be out this week too. We don't even know who will be available for any certain game. And if something happens to Ian, anything, that really could be an issue now that Phil was run out of Dodge. Scenario last week was a true Freshman with no game experience as the back up. That's how crazy the 2020 season will be. Same for all the other programs. Houston has scheduled and rescheduled games three times from what I heard on the ACC Network. Predictions can only be made thinking everyone is available, healthy, and the season will play out.
Wow. Toby- your behavior was exemplary for a few weeks.....but then back to old habits.

What do you mean “run out of dodge”? The kid wasn’t going to start, so he left. No one ran him out.

I'm not sure my goal is to post to your standards. I call it as I see it. No need to rehash all the old Phil arguments in detail again. That ship has sailed. Again, the focus is on one sentence out of the eleven sentences that made up the point of the post. This virus could disrupt the whole chemistry of what could be a mighty fine Irish season. ND is not alone. Predictions right now are fun, but useless.

I'm not sure my goal is to post to your standards. I call it as I see it. No need to rehash all the old Phil arguments in detail again. That ship has sailed. Again, the focus is on one sentence out of the eleven sentences that made up the point of the post. This virus could disrupt the whole chemistry of what could be a mighty fine Irish season. ND is not alone. Predictions right now are fun, but useless.
Now that....is a reasonable post. Appreciate your energy and conviction, Toby. And I mean that genuinely.

And here we go. The WF game has been postponed.

We can stop the run.
We can stop the pass.

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake Forest !!
34 to 6 !!

LOL Ian Book , Clemson will destroy you again !

• Haha
Reactions: SIhoosier26

We can stop the run.
We can stop the pass.

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake Forest !!
34 to 6 !!

God, Country and Nostradamus.

It was Duke and USF.

Add some seltzer to whatever you're drinking.

Reactions: d1042
Kind of difficult to gauge this team given our first two opponents. We played yesterday with a ton of back ups due to Covid exposure issues, and we didn’t miss a beat; a testament to our recruiting improvement and coaching, but also a bit of fools gold given The opponent.
Several things stand out to me:
Every one of our running backs ran hard, broke tackles, and fought for the extra yard on literally every run.
Our defensive backs are active and even knew when to turn their heads to find the damn ball.
Two deep or even three deep are Going to be thrust into starting lineups in this Covid world.
Our OL played great. Both pass pro and run blocking. Again, ? The quality of opponent.
WR is major concern For the immediate future. Desperately need Austin and full compliment of receivers in order to excel.
Book had all day to pass, accurate for the most part, but never threw over the top...risk adverse or receiver shortcoming?
Two and Three TE set is our strength right now, but can’t win a NC without a downfield game.
Tremble at fullback reminded me of Stanford’s running game, and his Blocking was elite.

It was a difficult job, my friend. But I was up to the task.

Bodi love your enthusiasm but the passing game has to be better or they will be one dementional . Teams will watch film and go after weaknesses. Would love to see some long passes against WF. Not enough sweeps or misdirections either. They could utilize Lenzy more. Mayer too.
We have two tight ends That can catch the football and run. If you do eyes more Crossing routes in our game, There will be mismatch after Miss match after Miss match. I also like the tight end down the seam

We can stop the run.
We can stop the pass.

Go Irish !!
Beat Wake Forest !!
34 to 6 !!
ND has everything it needs to win a National Championship. They can and have run on anyone. They also shut down the run. Two key ingredients two a championship.

Here's the reality....ND will be the underdog in the Clemson rematch....while ranked higher. The Irish must take care of business at Syracuse....and prepare for the best team that Clemson is capable of putting on the field. I personally believe that the loser is out of the playoffs. Could be wrong. The real injustice is that Ohio State is able to get into the playoffs with five or so games even though they are capable of beating anyone.....as is ND, as is Clemson and as is Bama.

I would like nothing more than to discuss how this ND team ranks all time as an ND team. Win the title first....

We need Austin to get back healthy. Because wide receiver is a major weakness
Cornerback is much weaker than wideout. Bracys regression and the fact that no one other than Caleb Offard from the bench is getting meaningful reps at the field side is scary. The dl and linebackers are hiding this weakness well but this is a major issue, and has been all year.

I wouldn't say he's eaten crow yet. He said that in September when Clemson was healthy. Notre Dame won at home in double overtime against a Clemson with a true freshman (albeit an amazing one) in his second game and who was missing their top 3 receivers, 2 of their top 4 defensive backs, and 6 of their front 7. Good win, as Clemson's deep with 5 Star talent (though no one in their right mind would say Clemson's backups are the #1 team). But I wouldn't say he eats crow until we see what happens in 3 weeks. On November 3, when I heard the full-extent of their injuries, I predicted Notre Dame to beat Clemson comfortably in the regular season (I guessed 35-24 on here) and then a 30 point loss in the championship. I was surprised the first game was so close.
Wow exaggerate much on their injuries

Cornerback is much weaker than wideout. Bracys regression and the fact that no one other than Caleb Offard from the bench is getting meaningful reps at the field side is scary. The dl and linebackers are hiding this weakness well but this is a major issue, and has been all year.
Caleb Offord hasnt played a snap....

Yes at this point CB is the biggest issue. At that time, it was wr

You're putting their entire season injuries in one post. We are talking about the ND game. Nothing else.

Skowronek, Lenzy, Austin, Keys, Cbo, Patterson, Kraemer, Corell, Ademiola, MTA, Moala, Liufau, Simon, Hamilton, Bracy. All missed time and there is more I'm forgetting and other covid casualties.

Everyone has injuries. Stop embarrassing yourself with the excuses. Man up and play ball. Stop crying about injuries

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT