ADVERTISEMENT

This image is really bothersome and it should bother you too

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
NFL draft picks by decade (first rounders in parenthesis):

In the 1990s ND lead the entire nation with 68 NFL draft picks. Since then in both 00s & 10s they are not even in the top 10.

(the site i was using to host the image is down -- the image was a breakdown of the top 10 programs with the most draft picks by decade going back to the 70s)

Last edited:
Yup, I'm sure you'll get ripped for this. 4for40 is great and all, but it won't work with every kid. Some kids are just animals that want to play in the NFL, and there's nothing wrong with that. ND cannot always think that they are holier than thou when it comes to pumping dudes into the NFL. Duke basketball adapted. Lou sure as hell had no problem getting animals into the school that 100% want to play in the NFL, sh*t I'm still mad ND didn't take Randy Moss! We had a soft culture for 20 years, but I think that's changing before our eyes.

Reactions: ND4Real
And look, the most well recruited programs -- at the top of the 24/7 composite recruiting rankings/and consequently the programs who've won national championships every year dating back to the BCS era -- are all in the top 10 most NFL drafted list as well.

But those recruiting rankings/recruiting analysts sites are all just politics and marketing though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow! A negative post from Chase? That's not something you see every day.

Just every other day...........

It isn't negative bro, it's the truth.

Some like to come on here and belittle the head coach on saturdays during poor performance on game days. I see the failure happening way before that though. These months are extremely important .. and ND is failing. Should i just stfu about it because it makes posters here uncomfortable to read the truth?

Some like to come on here and belittle the head coach on saturdays during poor performance on game days. I see the failure happening way before that though. These months are extremely important .. and ND is failing. Should i just stfu about it because it makes posters here uncomfortable to read the truth?

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

So, what exactly do you want the Irish to do?

Some of those guys on the teams you named (and maybe most) have little interest in being a college student. Some probably cannot qualify to get into ND. Does the administration just start taking anyone and allowing them to focus solely on football?

As the great Cardale (dumb as a box of rocks) Jones once said, "I didn't go to college to go to class. I went to play football". Is that what you want?

NFL draft picks by decade (first rounders in parenthesis):

In the 1990s ND lead the entire nation with 68 NFL draft picks. Since then in both 00s & 10s they are not even in the top 10.

Capture_zpsyiznslr9.png
Yawn

Reactions: echowaker
Also, I want to add that what bothers me most isn't so much that ND is not able to attract the kind of talent they were once able to, it's that there's this false narrative around the ND program/media/fans that ND is actually recruiting well. THAT the talent is good here. THAT there's "nothing to see here" in regards to how ND is getting out recruited, and out talented across the country every cycle. THAT is why i'm so adamant about this issue as well. At least if we all admitted it there might be the potential for some actual change.

Also, I want to add that what bothers me most isn't so much that ND is not able to attract the kind of talent they were once able to, it's that there's this false narrative around the ND program/media/fans that ND is actually recruiting well. THAT the talent is good here. THAT there's "nothing to see here" in regards to how ND is getting out recruited, and out talented across the country every cycle. THAT is why i'm so adamant about this issue as well.
opinions are like rectums, everyone has one but not everyone wants to see yours.

So, what exactly do you want the Irish to do?

Some of those guys on the teams you named (and maybe most) have little interest in being a college student. Some probably cannot qualify to get into ND. Does the administration just start taking anyone and allowing them to focus solely on football?

As the great Cardale (dumb as a box of rocks) Jones once said, "I didn't go to college to go to class. I went to play football". Is that what you want?
Why could ND do it in the 90's? Yes, ND should make it easier for the football player, yes ND should encourage kids to play in the NFL. Was every kid Lou recruited a choir boy? Us fans can't keep playing the holier than thou card, nobody is saying go full alabama or Ohio state, but ND should give more leeway. Duke basketball adapted from the you must play all 4 years, 5 white kids on the court snooze fest. There is nothing wrong with recruiting a kid and telling him straight up "I want to get you to the NFL"

Reactions: chaseball
“Duke basketball adapted from the you must play all 4 years, 5 white kids on the court snooze fest.”

What a dumb, racist & inaccurate comment on many levels. That’s it, college coaches, no more white guys on the recruiting trail. They’re not any good & they’re boring to watch. What a jackass.

Reactions: Pennick4
“Duke basketball adapted from the you must play all 4 years, 5 white kids on the court snooze fest.”

What a dumb, racist & inaccurate comment on many levels. That’s it, college coaches, no more white guys on the recruiting trail. They’re not any good & they’re boring to watch. What a jackass.
Lol yea dude. I'm real racist against white kids. I just hate myself and my children. Chump

And yes black guys are 1000% better basketball players than white guys. Sorry if that offends you snowflake.

Why could ND do it in the 90's? Yes, ND should make it easier for the football player, yes ND should encourage kids to play in the NFL. Was every kid Lou recruited a choir boy? Us fans can't keep playing the holier than thou card, nobody is saying go full alabama or Ohio state, but ND should give more leeway. Duke basketball adapted from the you must play all 4 years, 5 white kids on the court snooze fest. There is nothing wrong with recruiting a kid and telling him straight up "I want to get you to the NFL"

ND is not gong to do this. You should be aware of that by now.

ND is not gong to do this. You should be aware of that by now.
Why? They did in the Holtz era. You tell me... do you think Randy Moss was coming here for the education? Jerome Bettis? Jaylon Smith? Stop this holier than thou bs. And if you are gonna go the holier than thou route, stop lying and saying the goal is to win a championship. The best basketball players can survive at Duke but not at ND with football? Cmon man, that's weak, mediocrity accepting stuff. Notre Dame is DePaul without this football program. ND owes Knute, Leahy, & Ara the ability to be the national powerhouse it once was. That's my morning rant.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Why? They did in the Holtz era. You tell me... do you think Randy Moss was coming here for the education? Jerome Bettis? Jaylon Smith? Stop this holier than thou bs. And if you are gonna go the holier than thou route, stop lying and saying the goal is to win a championship. The best basketball players can survive at Duke but not at ND with football? Cmon man, that's weak, mediocrity accepting stuff. Notre Dame is DePaul without this football program. ND owes Knute, Leahy, & Ara the ability to be the national powerhouse it once was. That's my morning rant.

Just because Duke sold its soul, ND should too? How about you learn what ND is all about? It's not holier than thou BS at all. ND is, first and foremost, an academic institution. Most of us think that is a good thing. I suggest that others like you go find another school to pull for.

Reactions: echowaker
nd is not going to do that. period. if some fans can't accept that well the only advice i can give is to move on.

Reactions: NDSMC78
big difference in "why" as opposed to "able to qualify ". nd doesn't owe them anything more than they've already received.

Wow! A negative post from Chase? That's not something you see every day.

Just every other day...........
Not like you suggesting ND join the Big 10....What are you thinking....ye gods.......hvillebill is sipping again..!!!!!

Just because Duke sold its soul, ND should too? How about you learn what ND is all about? It's not holier than thou BS at all. ND is, first and foremost, an academic institution. Most of us think that is a good thing. I suggest that others like you go find another school to pull for.
exactly. i don't get the hand wringing. if you don't accept the way they go about their business. move on. it really is that simple. i have NEVER been in a wal mart in my life. i don't like how they conduct their business. i don't care if anyone else goes i just choose not to. it would be pretty silly to continually patronize them while continuing to piss and moan about them. plenty of other options.

Yes, Notre Dame is first and foremost an academic institution, very odd that WBB can win one, Hockey competed for one, but football they win the Pinstripe Bowl, everyone gets their money, and all the fans who have accepted mediocrity are delighted. Mediocrity= Cancer

Yes, Notre Dame is first and foremost an academic institution, very odd that WBB can win one, Hockey competed for one, but football they win the Pinstripe Bowl, everyone gets their money, and all the fans who have accepted mediocrity are delighted. Mediocrity= Cancer

Did you sleep through the 2012 season? ND was in the championship game that year.

The funny thing about this is Notre Dame is tied for 5th in first round picks in the 2010s with 9. Feel free to continue to hammer home your agenda though.

Did you sleep through the 2012 season? ND was in the championship game that year.
Yes, and they clearly weren't in the same league, which is fine. Can't put that on BK, but don't you think Jack watched that and said to himself "damn, we need some more elite athletes" BK said that himself after the game that it showed how they need to go at recruiting better.

And look, the most well recruited programs -- at the top of the 24/7 composite recruiting rankings/and consequently the programs who've won national championships every year dating back to the BCS era -- are all in the top 10 most NFL drafted list as well.

But those recruiting rankings/recruiting analysts sites are all just politics and marketing though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is a legitimate use of recruiting rankings.

You’re not looking at any 1 known, individual prospect, but rather looking at hypotheticals and statistics.

For example, using our recruiting for the last 4-5 years to project draft picks moving forward would make some sense....especially if you move far enough that we’re not analyzing guys we’ve already seen on the field.

Your previous use of recuiting rankings, to analyze individual recruit, was simply moronic and belies your ignorance.

that is stupid. really stupid . you're way smarter than that. what option as fans do we have ? yes, you accept how things play out and hope for the best going forward. pissing and moaning changes nothing. what do you suggest ? i find the cancer comparison absolutely offensive.

Reactions: NDSMC78
Yes, and they clearly weren't in the same league, which is fine. Can't put that on BK, but don't you think Jack watched that and said to himself "damn, we need some more elite athletes" BK said that himself after the game that it showed how they need to go at recruiting better.
no. i think they were happy with a fine season as they should be. as far as getting better players sure everyone wants that. it still has to be done within the requirements sent forth by the administration. not sure why some here think that will change all of a sudden.

Following is easy. Leading is hard.

ND is not going to sell it's soul to win football games. Ever.

You really don't seem to get the basic fact that ND doesn't want to be like everyone else. They nurture the student, the person, the human being - who just might happen to play football. Not the other way around like other schools.

Don't you see how hard it is to keep your ideals, when everyone around you is telling you to ditch them?? Being different is hard.

"Those who know Notre Dame - no explanation is necessary. Those who don't - no explanation will suffice".

no. i think they were happy with a fine season as they should be. as far as getting better players sure everyone wants that. it still has to be done within the requirements sent forth by the administration. not sure why some here think that will change all of a sudden.
Honesty, why could it be done under Holtz?

no, they are actually all about profit. nothing wrong with that.

Following is easy. Leading is hard.

ND is not going to sell it's soul to win football games. Ever.

You really don't seem to get the basic fact that ND doesn't want to be like everyone else. They nurture the student, the person, the human being - who just might happen to play football. Not the other way around like other schools.

Don't you see how hard it is to keep your ideals, when everyone around you is telling you to ditch them?? Being different is hard.

"Those who know Notre Dame - no explanation is necessary. Those who don't - no explanation will suffice".
Getting kids to the league isn't selling your soul bro lol. You can nurture a student while cutting him slack. Not everybody is Drue Tranquill. Players were cut slack under Holtz, we all know it and we all loved it. Let's not be hypocrites.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I was happy with 2012 too, but ND didn't do a good job building off that.

Honesty, why could it be done under Holtz?
because the standards were different then and the holtz regime had a lot of skeletons that the powers that be were none to happy with. this is where nd is as a program. the environment is not the same as when holtz was in charge. the issue is the institutional requirements in place for the athletic department. you don't think that was a factor in the last 4 coaching searches ? it was the biggest reason no top level coach had even a passing interest in the position.

that is stupid. really stupid . you're way smarter than that. what option as fans do we have ? yes, you accept how things play out and hope for the best going forward. pissing and moaning changes nothing. what do you suggest ? i find the cancer comparison absolutely offensive.
I'm a survivor. 15 years strong. I can say it lol

Getting kids to the league isn't selling your soul bro lol. You can nurture a student while cutting him slack. Not everybody is Drue Tranquill. Players were cut slack under Holtz, we all know it and we all loved it. Let's not be hypocrites.
no one is being a hypocrite because we acknowledge the way things are at nd now compared to then. the holtz like era is over and its not coming back.

no one is being a hypocrite because we acknowledge the way things are at nd now compared to then. the holtz like era is over and its not coming back.
Respectfully disagree. Don't fall into the trap brother. No reason why ND can't win one before 2025. If that takes a little leeway, I'm sure youll be fine with it when they're holding up that trophy.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
ADVERTISEMENT