ADVERTISEMENT

The storm is coming !

Bodi, to Hell with the post season; just give me the start of the season and Temple, and I'll be happy! Given last year's collapse and staff turnover, etc... this is really a season for taking it one game at a time. That said, I'm really anxious to see the imprint of Elko and Long and Balis and Polian, as I think ND surprises to the upside.

Bodi, I woke up Thursday morning around 2:30 AM and the old Ara was back. I watch History of ND Football twice now I'm ready to go. On defense this is the last hurrah for Mokwuah, Bonner, Trembetti, and Hayes. I hope they stand up tall this fall because the young guys need their leadership--we shall see. I am hoping the junior class picks up the slack with Taylor, Treadway, Tiassum, and Tillery. We need Kareem, Hayes, Okware, and Oaundeji ready to help this fall. I have fingers and toes crossed that our three freshmen can contribute something this fall. Ewell seems the closest coming out of last year. I am hoping Amosa and Hinish might contribute 5 to 7 plays each game. We might as well use them now than watch them walk in four seasons to another school. I am reasonably sure that Coach Elston will turn them into a pretty good defensive line. I am really happy Coach Lee came to Notre Dame with Coach Elko. I wasn't thrilled with Coach Elston as LB Coach. CB look much better with Coach Light last spring. We need the NCAA to allow Gilman to play this year. How do we get that done Irish Fans? We also need Shaun Crawford and Drue Tranquill for the whole season too. The rover position was designed for Tranquill's skill set. Coach Polian has Special Teams covered this season. It ought to be a fun season for Irish fans around the world.

Bodi, to Hell with the post season; just give me the start of the season and Temple, and I'll be happy! Given last year's collapse and staff turnover, etc... this is really a season for taking it one game at a time. That said, I'm really anxious to see the imprint of Elko and Long and Balis and Polian, as I think ND surprises to the upside.

Me too. 14 and 0. The Irish will not lose this season.

Bodi, I woke up Thursday morning around 2:30 AM and the old Ara was back. I watch History of ND Football twice now I'm ready to go. On defense this is the last hurrah for Mokwuah, Bonner, Trembetti, and Hayes. I hope they stand up tall this fall because the young guys need their leadership--we shall see. I am hoping the junior class picks up the slack with Taylor, Treadway, Tiassum, and Tillery. We need Kareem, Hayes, Okware, and Oaundeji ready to help this fall. I have fingers and toes crossed that our three freshmen can contribute something this fall. Ewell seems the closest coming out of last year. I am hoping Amosa and Hinish might contribute 5 to 7 plays each game. We might as well use them now than watch them walk in four seasons to another school. I am reasonably sure that Coach Elston will turn them into a pretty good defensive line. I am really happy Coach Lee came to Notre Dame with Coach Elko. I wasn't thrilled with Coach Elston as LB Coach. CB look much better with Coach Light last spring. We need the NCAA to allow Gilman to play this year. How do we get that done Irish Fans? We also need Shaun Crawford and Drue Tranquill for the whole season too. The rover position was designed for Tranquill's skill set. Coach Polian has Special Teams covered this season. It ought to be a fun season for Irish fans around the world.

The Irish have an explosive offense which will average 40+ a game so it will give the Irish defense time to mesh and be a top ten defense come playoff time.

Reactions: IRISHJD98 and Ara64
And there you have it:

Predictions on this board vary from 7-5 to the as always 14-0. Gotta love the pre-season enthusiasm in CFB.

And which Conference will be dominate this year and which Conference will lay an egg? And should Conferences mean anything to ND? Of course! ND is a partial member of the ACC (the most dominate Conference in CFB last year) and ND struggled in it's ACC schedule. Also, the Conference Championships will play an integral role in deciding which teams are invited to the playoffs. Now days controlling one's own destiny is more complicated than ever.

Reactions: Kelso86
And there you have it:

Predictions on this board vary from 7-5 to the as always 14-0. Gotta love the pre-season enthusiasm in CFB.

And which Conference will be dominate this year and which Conference will lay an egg? And should Conferences mean anything to ND? Of course! ND is a partial member of the ACC (the most dominate Conference in CFB last year) and ND struggled in it's ACC schedule. Also, the Conference Championships will play an integral role in deciding which teams are invited to the playoffs. Now days controlling one's own destiny is more complicated than ever.

"ND is a partial member of the ACC (the most dominate Conference in CFB last year) and ND struggled in it's ACC schedule."

Struggled in 2016, and thrived in 2015 -- tomAto, tomato

the conference that will dominate will be the AAC!

Reactions: Bodizephax
"ND is a partial member of the ACC (the most dominate Conference in CFB last year) and ND struggled in it's ACC schedule."

Struggled in 2016, and thrived in 2015 -- tomAto, tomato

the conference that will dominate will be the AAC!

Kelso.........

OK, since you mention it let's look at the record. Since 2013 ND has played 15 ACC games, won 8 and lost 7 for a 53% winning average.

2013, played 1 ACC game and lost to Pitt.

2014, played 4 ACC games, won 2, lost 2.

2015, played 5 ACC games, won 4, lost 1.

2016, played 5 ACC games, won 2, lost 3.

2017 ACC Schedule:

at BC - This will be a very tough game with BC having the home field advantage.

at UNC - same as above.

North Carolina State - They won last year. Can they do it again?

Wake - Elko should beat them.

at Miami - Vegas lists Miami as an 8 point favorite.

My guess: 2-3 or 3-2. We shall see, Over the past 4 years ND has won approximately half of it's ACC games. 4 of the 7 losses were on the road and ND plays 3 ACC road games this year. Either way it should be another great year for CFB.

Reactions: Kelso86
And there you have it:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/07/21/conference-power-rankings-sec-acc-big-ten

Well, in 2017 SI thinks the B1G will be dominate followed by the SEC and the ACC.

.....now that and a quarter might buy you a couple of pieces of bubble gum.

2017 NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Top Tier Chance of Victory IMHO
10/21/2017 vs. USC South Bend, Ind. 7:30 p.m. EDT 40%
11/25/2017 at Stanford Palo Alto, Calif. TBA 48%
09/09/2017 vs. Georgia South Bend, Ind. 7:30 p.m. EDT 55%
Tough Tier
10/28/2017 vs. N.C. State South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. EDT 61%
09/23/2017 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 8 p.m. EDT 62%
10/07/2017 at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA 65%
11/11/2017 at Miami (Fla.) Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA 67%
Scrapy Tier
11/18/2017 vs. Navy South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. EST 70%
09/02/2017 vs. Temple South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. EDT 80%
Shoulda Tier
09/16/2017 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. Noon EDT 95%
11/04/2017 vs. Wake Forest South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. EDT 95%
09/30/2017 vs. Miami (Ohio) South Bend, Ind. 5 p.m. EDT 95%

I've given the first nine teams a ton of respect heading into the season. College football teams change so much from year to year; you never know until the fourth game of the new season. I know how much the ND Program has changed since December. I liked what I saw over the spring. Mike Elston has 9 DE and 8 DT to use in building a defensive line. We saw them get bigger, stronger, and even more athletic over the spring. They are all four and three star players coming out of high school. It's time to earn your keep men! My gut says ND will finish the regular season somewhere from 8-4 to 12-0, if everything falls right into their laps.

2017 NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Top Tier Chance of Victory IMHO
10/21/2017 vs. USC South Bend, Ind. 7:30 p.m. EDT 40%
11/25/2017 at Stanford Palo Alto, Calif. TBA 48%
09/09/2017 vs. Georgia South Bend, Ind. 7:30 p.m. EDT 55%
Tough Tier
09/23/2017 at Michigan State East Lansing, Mich. 8 p.m. EDT 62%
10/07/2017 at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. TBA 65%
11/11/2017 at Miami (Fla.) Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA 67%
Scrapy Tier
11/18/2017 vs. Navy South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. EST 70%
09/02/2017 vs. Temple South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. EDT 80%
Shoulda Tier
09/16/2017 at Boston College Chestnut Hill, Mass. Noon EDT 95%
11/04/2017 vs. Wake Forest South Bend, Ind. 3:30 p.m. EDT 95%
09/30/2017 vs. Miami (Ohio) South Bend, Ind. 5 p.m. EDT 95%

I've given the first nine teams a ton of respect heading into the season. College football teams change so much from year to year; you never know until the fourth game of the new season. I know how much the ND Program has changed since December. I liked what I saw over the spring. Mike Elston has 9 DE and 8 DT to use in building a defensive line. We saw them get bigger, stronger, and even more athletic over the spring. They are all four and three star players coming out of high school. It's time to earn your keep men! My gut says ND will finish the regular season somewhere from 8-4 to 12-0, if everything falls right into their laps.

Ara...........

Re: "11/11/2017 at Miami (Fla.) Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA 67%"

When you did the calculation did you take into account that Vegas favors Miami by 8 points?

Ara...........

Re: "11/11/2017 at Miami (Fla.) Miami Gardens, Fla. TBA 67%"

When you did the calculation did you take into account that Vegas favors Miami by 8 points?

Not sure if it played into any calculations, but we beat Miami last year even after handing them fumbled punt in their own end zone. Its a long way until November, but I'm looking forward to the Miami game.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ND has beaten Miami four times ('90 '10, '12, '16) since their last victory in '89. My gut gives them a healthy chance to pull off the upset. We shall see come November 11th. This is JMHO Duo and it's based on what I saw last year and changes in the ND team through the spring. I do check the betting line on Friday before the game. Right now we're all flying by the seat of our pants in the darkness of the unknown.

ND has beaten Miami four times ('90 '10, '12, '16) since their last victory in '89. My gut gives them a healthy chance to pull off the upset. We shall see come November 11th. This is JMHO Duo and it's based on what I saw last year and changes in the ND team through the spring. I do check the betting line on Friday before the game. Right now we're all flying by the seat of our pants in the darkness of the unknown.

Ara.........

That's a good and reasonable answer. Thank you.

Kelso.........

OK, since you mention it let's look at the record. Since 2013 ND has played 15 ACC games, won 8 and lost 7 for a 53% winning average.

2013, played 1 ACC game and lost to Pitt.

2014, played 4 ACC games, won 2, lost 2.

2015, played 5 ACC games, won 4, lost 1.

2016, played 5 ACC games, won 2, lost 3.

2017 ACC Schedule:

at BC - This will be a very tough game with BC having the home field advantage.

at UNC - same as above.

North Carolina State - They won last year. Can they do it again?

Wake - Elko should beat them.

at Miami - Vegas lists Miami as an 8 point favorite.

My guess: 2-3 or 3-2. We shall see, Over the past 4 years ND has won approximately half of it's ACC games. 4 of the 7 losses were on the road and ND plays 3 ACC road games this year. Either way it should be another great year for CFB.

BC Is not very good from what I've read with a RS Quarterback to a weak secondary early though their defensive front seven look to be good.

UNC looks very beatable losing a lot of talent.

Wake. Don't you mean Kelly should beat them?

U of Miami almost mirrors ND on offense the defense will decide the game IMO

I think the Irish sweep the ACC this season, but I'm bias

I still believe in the Irish !! They will continue to dominate college football and dethrone Clemson as National Champs !! I knew this before all the talking heads and before the season started !!! Go Irish !! Dominate North Carolina State !!

Reactions: Ara64 and IRISHJD98
The Irish are going to dominate college football this year !! Can't wait for the postseason ! Go Irish ! Beat Temple !!
This is a guy who can see the future. When Bodi gold me to buy stock in November 2016 I did.
When Bodi told me always go with 3 scoops at Dairy Queen. I did

When Bodi told me to grab tix to the ND Miami game. I did

MONEY

There are some things u do not question. Like is a bear Catholic and does da Pope — in the woods

It’s Bodi isms

Bodi, if you predict it will rain everyday, you are bound to be right sooner or later. I hope you are right sooner this time. Hard to believe the turnaround this year. NC State is the next roadblock and they can be formidable. I don't take NC State for granted but the Irish are playing lights out right now.

Bodi, if you predict it will rain everyday, you are bound to be right sooner or later. I hope you are right sooner this time. Hard to believe the turnaround this year. NC State is the next roadblock and they can be formidable. I don't take NC State for granted but the Irish are playing lights out right now.

And I take the heat when I am wrong. Did you predict the Irish will make the playoffs this year before the season started? Or dominate college football? I didn't think so ! I put it out there win or lose ! Only the bold get the glory ! Go Irish !

And I take the heat when I am wrong. Did you predict the Irish will make the playoffs this year before the season started? Or dominate college football? I didn't think so ! I put it out there win or lose ! Only the bold get the glory ! Go Irish !

Nope. I predicted 8-4 with losses to GA, USC, Miami and Stanford. At this point, I hope I go 1-3 on those picks. Of course I want to be right on my predictions regarding the wins. I never thought NC St. would be where they are at this point in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT