ADVERTISEMENT

The silence of Zorich88

He probably felt it was premature to pull the starter at 3-0. Not such an outlandish opinion.
I wonder how BW will be affected by this if Book goes down and he has to become the
‘default starter’. How would the team respond? How would such a decision affect game plans.
It is never a small deal, pulling a starting QB.

Book has definitely won the starting job today, and I sure hope that he can continue to perform the rest of the season like he did today ?
I always liked Wimbush and feel that he has a lot of talent and I always rooted for him to succeed !
However, Book should now be our starter. His performance today was one of the best that I have seen
For a QB at ND in a very long time.

Reactions: 88ND
Book has definitely won the starting job today, and I sure hope that he can continue to perform the rest of the season like he did today ?
I always liked Wimbush and feel that he has a lot of talent and I always rooted for him to succeed !
However, Book should now be our starter. His performance today was one of the best that I have seen
For a QB at ND in a very long time.

Amazing what a QB can do when the offense is catered to your skills and actually tries to score points …. even more so against the 118th ranked pass defense before today

Amazing what a QB can do when the offense is catered to your skills and actually tries to score points …. even more so against the 118th ranked pass defense before today

You’re right. Wimbush is hands down the better QB. Can’t believe they went with Book today. It’s pretty obvious they aren’t in sync with him playing. :confused:

So we know Wimbush is a much better runner than a passer; yet you are mad they ran on first down more often with him in the game. Sounds to me like they catered the offense to his skill set.

Reactions: 88ND
I am having 1977 flashbacks bigtime after what I saw today. WOW!!!

I wasnt a fan of the switch but cant crgue with the results. Temper that with the fact it is wake forest.

I was really glad that kelly stuck with book and didnt rotate. To me that is a really good coavhig decision. Pick one commit to it and move forward. Go irish.

Reactions: rgc7
bugguit,
I agree with you that it is only one game, and I was not very impressed with WF !
I always felt that the Coaches never really played to Wimbushes strengths. The question is now
Can Book play the way he did today against the better teams on our schedule ?
We will see as the season progresses. As a ND fan first and a player fan second, I sure hope that Book
Is capable of performing like he did today for the rest of his career at ND ? If not Wimbush will get another
Chance !

I wasnt a fan of the switch but cant crgue with the results. Temper that with the fact it is wake forest.

I was really glad that kelly stuck with book and didnt rotate. To me that is a really good coavhig decision. Pick one commit to it and move forward. Go irish.
Correct but wake is not ball State and may be equivalent to vandy

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh
I get Zorich point. The coaches see the practices, and then make decisions. I doubt the practices after the Vanderbilt Book all of a sudden got it, but I dont believe the coaches minds Book wasn't that far back in competition for the starting spot.

bugguit,
I agree with you that it is only one game, and I was not very impressed with WF !
I always felt that the Coaches never really played to Wimbushes strengths. The question is now
Can Book play the way he did today against the better teams on our schedule ?
We will see as the season progresses. As a ND fan first and a player fan second, I sure hope that Book
Is capable of performing like he did today for the rest of his career at ND ? If not Wimbush will get another
Chance !

Book is a decent QB … once again Kelly set one QB up to fail and the other to win …. and once again we get to move forward with our 2nd string QB. Odds are he won't hold up against stiff competition …. the 1st time we play someone who isn't afraid to jump the short routes we are screwed ….. but the fact is that ND has a team loaded with talent and we are better than most teams we play …. our 2nd string QB is good enough to beat most teams ….. for some reason Kelly always loves the guy with less talent and caters to him screwing the talented guy.

The teams we play will be happy to not have to defend against Wimbush

So we know Wimbush is a much better runner than a passer; yet you are mad they ran on first down more often with him in the game. Sounds to me like they catered the offense to his skill set.

Running the ball up the middle on 1st down 95% of the time for anywhere from 2 to neg 2 yds doesn't cater to anyone …. the fact that Book is a better short route passer doesn't mean Wimbush can't do it at all

such a simpleton

Running the ball up the middle on 1st down 95% of the time for anywhere from 2 to neg 2 yds doesn't cater to anyone …. the fact that Book is a better short route passer doesn't mean Wimbush can't do it at all

such a simpleton

Yeah, because Kelly was obviously doing his best to lose the first three grames of the season. It must be very difficult to be right all the time -- even when you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Yeah, because Kelly was obviously doing his best to lose the first three grames of the season. It must be very difficult to be right all the time -- even when you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

Kelly consistently makes poor decisions to god awful decisions …. throwing the ball 50 times in a hurricane …. literally .… against a vastly inferior NS State team …. having Rees … a nonathtletic frosh throw a deep sideline pattern for an INT against Tulsa when we were in FG range with a great kicker at end of the game … in post game he said he would do it again …. LOL!

Kelly doesn't try to lose games .. he can't help himself .... he has proven very well that he is a poor in game coach …. ND's best chances for success on game day is for him to get the hell out of the way and let assts call the game

Your comments are common when ignorance is met with solid reasoning

Kelly consistently makes poor decisions to god awful decisions …. throwing the ball 50 times in a hurricane …. literally .… against a vastly inferior NS State team …. having Rees … a nonathtletic frosh throw a deep sideline pattern for an INT against Tulsa when we were in FG range with a great kicker at end of the game … in post game he said he would do it again …. LOL!

Kelly doesn't try to lose games .. he can't help himself .... he has proven very well that he is a poor in game coach …. ND's best chances for success on game day is for him to get the hell out of the way and let assts call the game

Your comments are common when ignorance is met with solid reasoning

Neither I nor many others would argue that Kelly is the greatest game-day coach. And I would agree with you on both examples you cite as well as many others. But you have been harping nonstop that Kelly is solely responsible for Brandon Wimbush's shortcomings. The simple fact is he is not a good quarterback. Doesn't mean Book is the next Joe Montana and won't struggle against a strong opponent. But it was clear to anyone who has ever watched a football game that Book played like a QB, not a running back who would toss it up for grabs when he didn't have an open lane.

Reactions: PHJIndy and wawasee
Neither I nor many others would argue that Kelly is the greatest game-day coach. And I would agree with you on both examples you cite as well as many others. But you have been harping nonstop that Kelly is solely responsible for Brandon Wimbush's shortcomings. The simple fact is he is not a good quarterback. Doesn't mean Book is the next Joe Montana and won't struggle against a strong opponent. But it was clear to anyone who has ever watched a football game that Book played like a QB, not a running back who would toss it up for grabs when he didn't have an open lane.

I appreciate you conceding some of my points …. we just disagree about Wimbush …. we've never had a chance to see what he can truly do without handcuffs … and I believe we never will ….. I don't believe it's clear at all … I believe Book plays like a QB …. and Wimbush is left to pick up 3rd and long due to commitment to run on 1st down 95% of the time …. nobody can operate in a totally predictable offense ….. that should be clear as well

I guarantee that everyone we play would rather face Book than Wimbush

I appreciate you conceding some of my points …. we just disagree about Wimbush …. we've never had a chance to see what he can truly do without handcuffs … and I believe we never will ….. I don't believe it's clear at all … I believe Book plays like a QB …. and Wimbush is left to pick up 3rd and long due to commitment to run on 1st down 95% of the time …. nobody can operate in a totally predictable offense ….. that should be clear as well

Mrs Wimbush I like your son alot great young man. Hope he gets a chance to show his stuff

Reactions: GDFan
I get Zorich point. The coaches see the practices, and then make decisions. I doubt the practices after the Vanderbilt Book all of a sudden got it, but I dont believe the coaches minds Book wasn't that far back in competition for the starting spot.
Wimbush did start for a reason. It wouldn't surprise me if Wimbush looked good in practice and completed his passes well, but then come game time he fell apart mentally. I've seen that happen multiple times as a coach and as player. I've also seen that some guys just don't practice well, but put them in the game and they're a million times better. Maybe that was the case here.

Reactions: deadirishpoet

And I guarantee that everyone ND plays would rather coach against an idiot like you as opposed to Kelly, and for that matter Brey!

Wimbush did start for a reason. It wouldn't surprise me if Wimbush looked good in practice and completed his passes well, but then come game time he fell apart mentally. I've seen that happen multiple times as a coach and as player. I've also seen that some guys just don't practice well, but put them in the game and they're a million times better. Maybe that was the case here.

I agree

And I guarantee that everyone ND plays would rather coach against an idiot like you as opposed to Kelly, and for that matter Brey!

Coaching even a little makes me a better coach than a coach who doesn't coach at all ... :)

Coaching even a little makes me a better coach than a coach who doesn't coach at all ... :)

You couldn't coach a 3rd grade girls team. Why not tell the masses on this site about your extensive knowledge of coaching quarterbacks? What makes your opinion so much higher and mightier than someone else's opinion when you have never spent one day on an effing football field? And I would bet a thousand dollars that ND did not run up the middle 95% of the time on first down when Wimbush played? That's just another lie you make up to continue your narrative. I also recall a coupla years back you saying Zaire should play over Kizer...how did that work out> Didnt Kizer get to the NFL? where is Zaire now? You are a true moron who just hates ND coaches....

You couldn't coach a 3rd grade girls team. Why not tell the masses on this site about your extensive knowledge of coaching quarterbacks? What makes your opinion so much higher and mightier than someone else's opinion when you have never spent one day on an effing football field? And I would bet a thousand dollars that ND did not run up the middle 95% of the time on first down when Wimbush played? That's just another lie you make up to continue your narrative. I also recall a coupla years back you saying Zaire should play over Kizer...how did that work out> Didnt Kizer get to the NFL? where is Zaire now? You are a true moron who just hates ND coaches....
Save your time trying to talk any sense into buguit. He thinks WB is the best QB in college football. He overlooks the the fact that he is a horrible passer, and doesn’t throw any pass accurately, he thinks that WB struggles has everything to do with the coaches.

I have spent time on a football field ... I have coached higher than 3rd grade ... and maybe I was wrong and it was 94% of the time ... maybe ..... and Kizer has done exactly what I thought so far ... turn the ball over more at a rate higher than all but one ... 11 TD's to 22 INT's :confused:

I have spent time on a football field ... I have coached higher than 3rd grade ... and maybe I was wrong and it was 94% of the time ... maybe ..... and Kizer has done exactly what I thought so far ... turn the ball over more at a rate higher than all but one ... 11 TD's to 22 INT's :confused:

The only time you ever were on a football field was as a tuba player! and Kizer has done this in the F*CKING NFL! where is your boy Zaire! You are a douchebag...and if you did coach higher than 3rd grade...I feel sorry for those kids....and I see on the WF/ND game thread you are still making lots of buddies....amazing how so many know you are an asshole!

Save your time trying to talk any sense into buguit. He thinks WB is the best QB in college football. He overlooks the the fact that he is a horrible passer, and doesn’t throw any pass accurately, he thinks that WB struggles has everything to do with the coaches.

LMAO...it only took you 35 posts to realize he is a tool! there is a reason he is the most ignored poster on this site...and it is not close for 2nd. This dude ND Farly put him on ignore in one day...true story!

The only time you ever were on a football field was as a tuba player! and Kizer has done this in the F*CKING NFL! where is your boy Zaire! You are a douchebag...and if you did coach higher than 3rd grade...I feel sorry for those kids....and I see on the WF/ND game thread you are still making lots of buddies....amazing how so many know you are an asshole!

Nope ... I was a player ... thx for coming back to read my material and show what a classy guy you still are .... nice you could find the time in between going to strip clubs ... LOL!

Nope ... I was a player ... thx for coming back to read my material and show what a classy guy you still are .... nice you could find the time in between going to strip clubs ... LOL!

What you are is an effing liar....you never pass up a chance to bash echo who was a player and a coach, in fact you search him out even though he has you on ignore....you are just jealous. Look..being a greeter at WalMart isnt a sin! You get to wear those swell red or blue vests!

What you are is an effing liar....you never pass up a chance to bash echo who was a player and a coach, in fact you search him out even though he has you on ignore....you are just jealous. Look..being a greeter at WalMart isnt a sin! You get to wear those swell red or blue vests!

The one thing I'm not "Mr. busted having 5 aliases" is a liar ..... Echo is a fraud .... anyone who backs 100% of every coaching move when there are glaring weaknesses and bad decisions has zero credibility ... and I don't seek him out .. it is hard to miss his posts all over this board apparently every day ... somehow I don't see any major big time coaches spending all their time getting in arguments on a message board defending every stupid coaching move ad nauseum ..... yes ... common sense eludes you too

When you get a moment ... turn to your left and right and say hi to the other guys you share your computer with ... LOL!

The one thing I'm not "Mr. busted having 5 aliases" is a liar ..... Echo is a fraud .... anyone who backs 100% of every coaching move when there are glaring weaknesses and bad decisions has zero credibility ... and I don't seek him out .. it is hard to miss his posts all over this board apparently every day ... somehow I don't see any major big time coaches spending all their time getting in arguments on a message board defending every stupid coaching move ad nauseum ..... yes ... common sense eludes you too

When you get a moment ... turn to your left and right and say hi to the other guys you share your computer with ... LOL!

Now it's 5 aliases! Holy shit....I thought it was 3! Please tell me who the 2 new ones are..LMAO. In fact, tell me who the first 3 were? And your on this site everyday, even though you have called this the "dumbest board in all of sports." And what makes your opinion more important than someone else's? As soon as someone does not agree with your opinion...and that's what it is, an opinion, you call them out. Are you at practice everyday at ND? Do you attend the coaches meetings? You have never coached the sport in your life, but your opinion is the only one that counts on this site. Don't you get tired, ever, of being called a dolt and a moron? 15 yrs and everyone knows you are a tool yet you continue to post...sometimes on weekend in the early morning hrs...man...your life must suck. And btw...my asst coaches say hi!

Now it's 5 aliases! Holy shit....I thought it was 3! Please tell me who the 2 new ones are..LMAO. In fact, tell me who the first 3 were? And your on this site everyday, even though you have called this the "dumbest board in all of sports." And what makes your opinion more important than someone else's? As soon as someone does not agree with your opinion...and that's what it is, an opinion, you call them out. Are you at practice everyday at ND? Do you attend the coaches meetings? You have never coached the sport in your life, but your opinion is the only one that counts on this site. Don't you get tired, ever, of being called a dolt and a moron? 15 yrs and everyone knows you are a tool yet you continue to post...sometimes on weekend in the early morning hrs...man...your life must suck. And btw...my asst coaches say hi!

It is hard to keep track of all your aliases .. I do keep losing count ... I never get tired of you coming over here .. just for me .... thank you very much ... and watching you debase yourself .... does that mean you are debasing your aliases too ? ..... like a 3 or 5 for 1 ... :D

It is hard to keep track of all your aliases .. I do keep losing count ... I never get tired of you coming over here .. just for me .... thank you very much ... and watching you debase yourself .... does that mean you are debasing your aliases too ? ..... like a 3 or 5 for 1 ... :D

What me and my now 5 aliases truly enjoyed was the WF/ND game thread where a shitload of new posters called you a dolt and moron. I do keep losing count on how many posters abuse you or just put you on ignore as quickly as possible. It has to be in the hundreds! I really loved ND FArly casting you out in one day...hilarious. maybe he is one of my aliases!

I heard just the opposite that in practice he couldn’t throw a ball into a large net or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT