ADVERTISEMENT

The ND defense is simply outstanding

Great defensive performance after the 1st quarter, and nice win for the Irish in a tough road game!

Reactions: NDapolisDS
We'd better enjoy him while we have him. I can't imagine he won't start getting HC offers after this season.
I'll be honest Clark Lea doesn't strike me as the personality that needs to have his own program right now.

Reactions: NDface
If he had a better offensive line, he’d look better. But all the talent is there to see. I’d be shocked if he’s not a top 5–top 10pick.
I'd be shocked if he was. Not a skill set that transmits well to the next level. Reminds me of Chase Daniel both in stature and skill set. Stellar college QB who will end his college career with crazy numbers. Likely his NFL career will mirror Daniel's too. Good enough to stick but not play regularly.

I'd be shocked if he was. Not a skill set that transmits well to the next level. Reminds me of Chase Daniel both in stature and skill set. Stellar college QB who will end his college career with crazy numbers. Likely his NFL career will mirror Daniel's too. Good enough to stick but not play regularly.
That Daniel comp is silly

There’s no way Howell is a top 5 pick. He looked lost a lot of the game, missed some easy throws, and even on that early long completion he underthrew his receiver. The guy really didn’t look much better than Jurkovic against us. He’s a solid above average college QB with some high level weapons to utilize, but I think he got exposed tonight, even considering what he was up against.

There’s no way Howell is a top 5 pick. He looked lost a lot of the game, missed some easy throws, and even on that early long completion he underthrew his receiver. The guy really didn’t look much better than Jurkovic against us. He’s a solid above average college QB with some high level weapons to utilize, but I think he got exposed tonight, even considering what he was up against.
Oh boy. People judging off one game. When is that going to stop

Howell reminded me of Baker Mayfield and even looks like him. he faced a nfl caliber D vs ND. and was shutdown other than 1 1/2 half qtr's of good play. he will get worked in the nfl. I wasn't impressed. he is like most qb's if the running game works and takes the pressure off of them. they look better than what they really are. after the Irish D stopped that running game. he couldn't do anything. and if his guys were not wide open he had trouble making tight throws.

Strong arm, athletic, solidly built, good pocket IQ, incredibly competitive...he’s a top 10+ pick. Only knock would be that he’s shorter than what teams like, might have smaller handsnthan what teams like.

Reactions: Golson5
Oh boy. People judging off one game. When is that going to stop
Ya his one game against a good defense. He did not look impressive. NDs defense is great don’t get me wrong, but Clemson showed that an elite level QB paired with elite skill players on the outside can carve us up at times. Howell has elite skill guys at his disposal but failed to do much of anything, even after one of our best defensive players left. Just calling it like I see it.

Ya his one game against a good defense. He did not look impressive. NDs defense is great don’t get me wrong, but Clemson showed that an elite level QB paired with elite skill players on the outside can carve us up at times. Howell has elite skill guys at his disposal but failed to do much of anything, even after one of our best defensive players left. Just calling it like I see it.
Yeah you forgot to mention the fact that our DL whooped the NC OL. Its sad a lot of people really dont know football at all on this board

Reactions: NDapolisDS
That Daniel comp is silly
How so ? Same size and skill set. Daniel had one of the most prolific college careers in the last 20 years. Daniel also a better runner. 10 plus years in the NFL too. Maybe you're right as Howell has a ways to go to be as good as Daniel was in college. He's on his way though as he has much better talent around him than Daniel had at Missouri.

How so ? Same size and skill set. Daniel had one of the most prolific college careers in the last 20 years. Daniel also a better runner. 10 plus years in the NFL too. Maybe you're right as Howell has a ways to go to be as good as Daniel was in college. He's on his way though as he has much better talent around him than Daniel had at Missouri.
Howells freshman year was better than any Daniel had in his 4 years. Howell has more skill and a much better arm. Daniel was a college qb. Howell is more than that

Yeah you forgot to mention the fact that our DL whooped the NC OL. Its sad a lot of people really dont know football at all on this board
You think if Fields, Lawrence, or DJ were at QB for UNC they would have scored 17 points? Those guys are top 10 draft picks. Howell is clearly below that level. I’m not saying he’s trash, but I see him as an NFL backup best case scenario.

You think if Fields, Lawrence, or DJ were at QB for UNC they would have scored 17 points? Those guys are top 10 draft picks. Howell is clearly below that level. I’m not saying he’s trash, but I see him as an NFL backup best case scenario.
They are top 1 or 2 picks. Howell is a top 10 pick. Howells OL killed him in that game. Field and Lawrence are a year above Howell as well. Judging off 1 performance is not smart

ADVERTISEMENT