ADVERTISEMENT

The Irish should join the SEC.

SEC is too regional in a region where we have not much in common and with large mediocre state universities that we don’t fit in with … I don’t see how this makes sense.

SEC is too regional in a region where we have not much in common and with large mediocre state universities that we don’t fit in with … I don’t see how this makes sense.It'
It makes as much sense as UCLA to the BUG10.

Not quite sure about this. While the sky is falling around all of us old timers, I hope and sincerely believe that Notre Dame continues to stand strong.
hey, us ole timers know what’s happening hurts more than a bit! For me though, it goes beyond the football program. What exactly is ND’s relationship with the R.C. Church and any relationship reaching to Rome?

Incorrect. Big 10 is now a coast to coast conference with prestigious research universities.
and that makes sense to you. Maybe the ACC should add Oregon State and say the same thing.

hey, us ole timers know what’s happening hurts more than a bit! For me though, it goes beyond the football program. What exactly is ND’s relationship with the R.C. Church and any relationship reaching to Rome?
Not much. While the religious philosophy is obviously Catholic with the doctrine seated in Rome, the actual University is owned by the board of trustees and the Holy Cross Order. The Pope could declare that an Order or Institution is no longer Catholic but could not take it over.

and that makes sense to you. Maybe the ACC should add Oregon State and say the same thing.

Not much. While the religious philosophy is obviously Catholic with the doctrine seated in Rome, the actual University is owned by the board of trustees and the Holy Cross Order. The Pope could declare that an Order or Institution is no longer Catholic but could not take it over.
thanks for that info.

Not trying to be snarky, and I’m no fan of the Big 10 but seriously dude get a US map and a crayon and color the states with Big 10 universities … it’s quickly become a pretty national conference and also covers NY, Chicago and LA markets. Now go look at the academic chops of the members. SEC is a very different thing. ACC and Oregon State … you could do better if you want to try demeaning sarcasm, like way better.

Not trying to be snarky, and I’m no fan of the Big 10 but seriously dude get a US map and a crayon and color the states with Big 10 universities … it’s quickly become a pretty national conference and also covers NY, Chicago and LA markets. Now go look at the academic chops of the members. SEC is a very different thing. ACC and Oregon State … you could do better if you want to try demeaning sarcasm, like way better.
But it is equally correct isn't it?

Iowa fan here and I come in peace. Not happy where the P2 football landscape is headed, but it's like the weather, I can't stop it. Would really like to see Iowa-Notre Dame schedule a series. They had some epic battles in the late 40's and through the 50's. Just passing through reading how some of you feel about conference affiliation. Don't really know why some poo poo the B10 so much. Penn St and Nebby did too and neither have really rocked the league since they entered like they thought they would. You really don't play the best of the ACC on a regular basis either. Very few games vs Clemson and FSU.

P2 is coming b/c FOX and ESPN want it. If you're in one of them, you're going to have a target on you every week. If you don't join and end up in the mix of the leftovers from the ACC, B12 and P12, you're media payout will be much less. The SEC and B10 will take the cream of the ACC, guaranteed b/c that is what the Mouse is pushing for. Some of the P12 will be in the B10. The rest will make the P3 and have minimal access to the playoff. I don't think Notre Dame has won a major bowl game since what?. 1993 w/ Lou Holtz? Notre Dame is a legendary blue-blood program in football. I for one, hope you end up in the Big10.

Best wishes to finding the outcome you feel is best for the Irish.

Iowa fan here and I come in peace. Not happy where the P2 football landscape is headed, but it's like the weather, I can't stop it. Would really like to see Iowa-Notre Dame schedule a series. They had some epic battles in the late 40's and through the 50's. Just passing through reading how some of you feel about conference affiliation. Don't really know why some poo poo the B10 so much. Penn St and Nebby did too and neither have really rocked the league since they entered like they thought they would. You really don't play the best of the ACC on a regular basis either. Very few games vs Clemson and FSU.

P2 is coming b/c FOX and ESPN want it. If you're in one of them, you're going to have a target on you every week. If you don't join and end up in the mix of the leftovers from the ACC, B12 and P12, you're media payout will be much less. The SEC and B10 will take the cream of the ACC, guaranteed b/c that is what the Mouse is pushing for. Some of the P12 will be in the B10. The rest will make the P3 and have minimal access to the playoff. I don't think Notre Dame has won a major bowl game since what?. 1993 w/ Lou Holtz? Notre Dame is a legendary blue-blood program in football. I for one, hope you end up in the Big10.

Best wishes to finding the outcome you feel is best for the Irish.
No Thank You. Anywhere but the Big 10.

And thankfully Notre Dame wants to remain Independent in Football just as much as I do.

I’d love to see ND and Iowa play a home and home. But ND joining the Big Ten, that’s a hard no thanks. I can see why Big Ten wants ND, but no way.

It is being reported that NBC is still deep in negotiations with the Big Ten in their new media rights deal to have two B10 games to broadcast on Saturday as well as ND. And ND is negotiating with NBC with regard to its own contract which expires with the 2025 season. There was a rumor that the NBC-ND would have a huge increase....but that was predicated with NBC getting more college football content to align with the ND games. At one point, there was talk of NBC doing something with the Big 12. That didn't make sense. FOX is actually handling the negotiations with who the second B10 network will be in the new rights deal as FOX does not have enough linear channels to do all of the Big Ten. The (FOX owns 63% of the Big Ten Network). ESPN currently handles the B10 inventory that FOX does not broadcast. Apparently ESPN and NBC are battling it out as to who works with FOX in the new rights deal . And of course, NBC wants ND in the Big Ten to make it a slam dunk.

No predictions from me. The day when the new rights deal is announced keep getting pushed back.

ADVERTISEMENT