ADVERTISEMENT

The Clemson Rock

He is going to play all the same one you all are. We will just have about 75,000 more of those positions at the game.

"Don'tworry , we are not worried in the least .." Did someone in this thread say they were worried? I h
He is going to play all the same one you all are. We will just have about 75,000 more of those positions at the game.

You've been playing football since 1896 and have had 7 top 10 AP poll finishes, 6 top 10 Coaches and 1 NC.

Is it really worth bragging about your fans, stadium, team, other crap.....? on an ND board no less...

It should be a fun game, but from a historic point of view it doesn't appear that the stadium or your team has delivered much....

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/active/c/clemson/in_the_polls.php

Reactions: Bodizephax
"Don'tworry , we are not worried in the least .." Did someone in this thread say they were worried? I h

You've been playing football since 1896 and have had 7 top 10 AP poll finishes, 6 top 10 Coaches and 1 NC.

Is it really worth bragging about your fans, stadium, team, other crap.....? on an ND board no less...

It should be a fun game, but from a historic point of view it doesn't appear that the stadium or your team has delivered much....

We are a top 25 team all time, y'all are a top 5 team all time. Since the late 70's our programs are more even than you think

Just saying that we as fans love our team, too. We won't back down from a fight and we hope we have a good game. We have a darn good atmosphere and we know it. Not really bragging about much else.
How Clemson stacks up with Notre Dame since the start of the 1978 season

Clemson | Category | Notre Dame

452 | Games | 452

305-142-5 | Record | 295-153-4

.680 | Winning % | .657

10 | 10-win seasons | 8

20 | Top-25 finishes | 18

22 | 1st-round picks | 24

15-14 | Bowl record | 11-15

1 | National titles | 1

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...ct-but-don-x2019-t-revere-the-notre-dame-name

We are a top 25 team all time, y'all are a top 5 team all time. Since the late 70's our programs are more even than you think

Just saying that we as fans love our team, too. We won't back down from a fight and we hope we have a good game. We have a darn good atmosphere and we know it. Not really bragging about much else.
How Clemson stacks up with Notre Dame since the start of the 1978 season

Clemson | Category | Notre Dame

452 | Games | 452

305-142-5 | Record | 295-153-4

.680 | Winning % | .657

10 | 10-win seasons | 8

20 | Top-25 finishes | 18

22 | 1st-round picks | 24

15-14 | Bowl record | 11-15

1 | National titles | 1

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...ct-but-don-x2019-t-revere-the-notre-dame-name

I'm glad you love your team and won't back down from a fight. It's unfortunate that your program doesn't have any where near the statistics, history, accolades, other.... that ND does. Your dismissing the wealth of clemson's overall historic "suckitude" is certainly the privilege of someone that doesn't want to deal with reality.

Seriously, 7 top 10 AP finishes, 6 Top 10 coaches finishes, zero Heisman's....

You guys should keep it real....

Your going back 37 years is the most odd type of parsing I've ever seen here....

PS ND's last 20 plus years have been paltry to say the least.....

It also isn't entirely fair because Clemson was not competing in a national spotlight like ND has for its entirety. We were more like a Furman or Wofford for years until we ceased to be a military school in the 50's. We had several 1 or 2 loss seasons and a couple of undefeated seasons but never got much recognition because we were a small ag/military school with about 5000 students.

It also isn't entirely fair because Clemson was not competing in a national spotlight like ND has for its entirety. We were more like a Furman or Wofford for years until we ceased to be a military school in the 50's. We had several 1 or 2 loss seasons and a couple of undefeated seasons but never got much recognition because we were a small ag/military school with about 5000 students.

You have over 21K students. ND has over 12K.

We've historically been an incredibly small school relative to our football achievements.....

No, sorry I don't use the word we. Bugs me. I have no impact on the game. Neither do any of you.

The money that comes from every one of those seats has a tremendous effect on the game, the sport, and the program.

You have over 21K students. ND has over 12K.

We've historically been an incredibly small school relative to our football achievements.....

We do now, but we were a really small school up until the 70's (starting growing in the 50's). Our history would have likely taken a different trajectory had John Heisman not left after 3 years.

We do now, but we were a really small school up until the 70's (starting growing in the 50's). Our history would have likely taken a different trajectory had John Heisman not left after 3 years.

I'm guessing that we have had way less students enrolled year to year than Clemson.

Our class of 1957 had 1150 students....

I don't think most folks appreciate how small ND's enrollment has been relative to others.

There's an ongoing misconception that ND has a large enrollment because of our academic and athletic achievements.

http://magazine.nd.edu/news/9767-the-way-we-are-notre-dame-class-of-1957/

I'm guessing that we have had way less students enrolled year to year than Clemson.

Our class of 1957 had 1150 students....

I don't think most folks appreciate how small ND's enrollment has been relative to others.

There's an ongoing misconception that ND has a large enrollment because of our academic and athletic achievements.

http://magazine.nd.edu/news/9767-the-way-we-are-notre-dame-class-of-1957/
Didn't know that, does make your past achievements impressive. It is interesting that ND really is the darling of CFB.

An NC which put them on probation for chunk of the 1980s.

Didn't know that, does make your past achievements impressive. It is interesting that ND really is the darling of CFB.

...tiny private Catholic school playing and beating powerhouse programs anytime/anyplace around the country....

Rockne was a genius.

That "media darling" was paid for in blood, sweat and incredible success....

No one on this board should be Dissing Clemson. The tigers are an excellent team an program. Weather looks like it will be a factor. ND can win but they need to play at a very high level. If they play sloppy, Clemson will win. This game is going to be a be a real battle. As an Irish fan I hope they find a way to win. I'm sure Clemson will be fired up and ready to go. I doubt they are worried. They are very talented. Should be a great game. Can't wait! Go Irish!!

Reactions: Weisnheimer
ADVERTISEMENT