88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
Yes I know if we win out we're in....

The nightmare.
Georgia beats Alabama.
Michigan wins B10 title.

So who gets kicked?

Would the committee boot Michigan over Bama?

Why?
Their only loss is to an undefeated ND. They won their B10 title game.

Vs.

Bama's loss being to a one loss Georgia team and didn't win it's conference.

Would the committee seriously consider leaving us out for Michigan because they dare not exclude the darlings in Tuscaloosa? Exclude the Big 10 winner...AGAIN?

I hate the expression of a good loss but Michigan would in fact have the better loss over Alabama.

The only way we overcome a loss is Clemson losing to Pitt, Georgia losing, Michigan losing, Oklahoma losing, WVU losing, Wazzu losing....

Not all of that has to happen but most of it and then I believe we can survive a hiccup.

Notice I said Bama must win out because if Georgia beats Alabama there is no way we survive a loss.

Yes I know if we win out we're in....

The nightmare.
Georgia beats Alabama.
Michigan wins B10 title.

So who gets kicked?

Would the committee boot Michigan over Bama?

Why?
Their only loss is to an undefeated ND. They won their B10 title game.

Vs.

Bama's loss being to a one loss Georgia team and didn't win it's conference.

Would the committee seriously consider leaving us out for Michigan because they dare not exclude the darlings in Tuscaloosa? Exclude the Big 10 winner...AGAIN?

I hate the expression of a good loss but Michigan would in fact have the better loss over Alabama.

The only way we overcome a loss is Clemson losing to Pitt, Georgia losing, Michigan losing, Oklahoma losing, WVU losing, Wazzu losing....

Not all of that has to happen but most of it and then I believe we can survive a hiccup.

Notice I said Bama must win out because if Georgia beats Alabama there is no way we survive a loss.

Alabama would get the nod due to MOV. They have been crushing almost everyone. Michigan had that squeaker over Northwestern, and only beat Sparty by 14. And a loss to ND would be more or less equal to an Alabama loss to Georgia.

If we win out and it happens, I will be pissed, but I understand the logic.

Alabama would get the nod due to MOV. They have been crushing almost everyone. Michigan had that squeaker over Northwestern, and only beat Sparty by 14. And a loss to ND would be more or less equal to an Alabama loss to Georgia.

With UGA beating ALA, that would be a CCG. That would mean UGA is the conf champ. UM winning out would mean they are conf champ. Don`t see a conf champ UM being passed over by a non conf champ ALA.

Conference championships are supposed to be a tiebreaker in situations like that. So Michigan should get in over Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT