ADVERTISEMENT

That was a pathetic second half

Trust me, if there were internet message boards back then with the exception of the 88 season the same knuckle heads calling for Kelly's ass would have been there calling for Lou's. Stupid transcends time lol.

Indeed it does. I remember the “diehards” claiming Lou had to go because his offense wasn’t pro style, wasted the talent of all universe tight ends, could barely beat Pitt every year etc.

Holier than thou transcends time

Indeed it does. I remember the “diehards” claiming Lou had to go because his offense wasn’t pro style, wasted the talent of all universe tight ends, could barely beat Pitt every year etc.

Holier than thou transcends time
Now that you mention it I do remember lol. I think we are probably the worst fan base for this. Well, these knuckle heads better becareful what they wish for. It wasn't that long ago we suffered through Weis and Willingham!

Reactions: BGI User 1596
5 blocking 3
and 1 SC starter was out. ND never brought the consistent pressure
I-recall early on-a LB blitzed and got to the QB for a sack. Slovis had too much
time to wait for his excellent WR’s to come open. Strategical blunder.

We didn't have only 3 DL the whole game!

We didn't have only 3 DL the whole game!
Yep we played 4 down some but we almost never blitzed in the second half. We blitzed a good. It in the first half. ND D flat out played second half to make sure USC didn’t score fast. Would have looked much better if the offense didn’t pretty much lay an egg for the first 20 minutes of second half. Nothing in the passing game except outs outs outs.

You didn’t answer the question!

You avoided answering the question with a feeble attempt to divert and deflect.

You told us, you’re an expert, so answer the question.
he certainly threw the ball much, much better. Book had a good game with his legs thankfully.

There was no attempt to even look over the middle of the field for Book. Not sure if that's by plan or what, but 80% of the pass plays we ran and threw were outs, outs and outs, that had minimal opportunity to gain yards after the catch. Claypool was dominating early and they didn't even attempt to go to him in the 2nd half. Same with Kmet, hardly went to him. These guys need to be focal points with their size and athleticism. I don't get it.

I know they rolled a safety over chase in the 2nd quarter, but no crossers?

Finke gets no respect on the outside, why is he still playing there and not the slot?

“But being better then Book yesterday didn't make him good.”

More BS from the BB club. Book played well, slovis got hot late when he had all day to throw and they were holding our 3 d-lineman on almost every play. Book missed some throws but our wrs dropped at least 5 balls. The o-line was outstanding I thought. The book bashing is misguided, once again, from the usual suspects.

More BS from the BB club. Book played well, slovis got hot late when he had all day to throw and they were holding our 3 d-lineman on almost every play. Book missed some throws but our wrs dropped at least 5 balls. The o-line was outstanding I thought. The book bashing is misguided, once again, from the usual suspects.
Ian ran the ball very well. thought he didn't have much feel in the passing game. the deep throw to Claypool was right on target but into double coverage. even in the short passing game he seemed a bit off. like a pitcher who can't locate his fastball.

Book did enough to win with his legs. Passing game was way way way too conservative.

Ian ran the ball very well. thought he didn't have much feel in the passing game. the deep throw to Claypool was right on target but into double coverage. even in the short passing game he seemed a bit off. like a pitcher who can't locate his fastball.
Deep ball to claypool was pass interference.

Yep we played 4 down some but we almost never blitzed in the second half. We blitzed a good. It in the first half. ND D flat out played second half to make sure USC didn’t score fast. Would have looked much better if the offense didn’t pretty much lay an egg for the first 20 minutes of second half. Nothing in the passing game except outs outs outs.

Maybe Lea thought he'd give them one fewer guy to hold.

clarification: when discussing or critiquing the 2nd half it is not on the players who executed the plan. the performance was bad by design.

Book’s pass was not into double coverage !

DB # 8 was tight on Claypool, but # 21 wasn’t within 5 yards of him the entire time the ball was in the air.

#21 was covering Kmet

Dropped passes didn’t help

Last edited:
Deep ball to claypool was pass interference.

No question about it !

# 8 grabs Claypool’s left shoulder with his left arm before the ball gets there.

That also enabled # 8 to climb a little higher and deflect the ball with his right hand.

For Flutie to say that the timing was very good and for Torico to say it was a good defensive play and for Torico to say that if Terry McCauliff agrees it must be the right call because he reffed 3 Super Bowls is absurd.

It was unquestionably PI, unless you’re a moron and maintain that because no flag was thrown, there was no penalty., just like in the Saints vs Rams game.

“For Flutie to say that the timing was very good and for Torico to say it was a good defensive play and for Torico to say that if Terry McCauliff agrees it must be the right call because he reffed 3 Super Bowls is absurd.”

Agreed. Those two clowns were outwardly rooting for usc & against ND. And that ref expert announcer geek is a blatant ND hater.

the arguments go forth and back and back and forth
but the evidence is in the results.
SC had more 2nd success then it had had previously by a wide margin.
The SC staff are not been effective with 2nd half adjustments or in game adjustments, until ND. So was it what SC did or was it what the ND staff did or did not do?

the arguments go forth and back and back and forth
but the evidence is in the results.
SC had more 2nd success then it had had previously by a wide margin.
The SC staff are not been effective with 2nd half adjustments or in game adjustments, until ND. So was it what SC did or was it what the ND staff did or did not do?
ND went a little more conservative in the second half than the first, then the players compounded it with more missed tackles and some poor coverage.

MTA Had two clean shots on stepp that would have stopped drives and completely whiffed without stepp even making much of a move. They haven't even been discussed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT