ADVERTISEMENT

Temple players

Every player should believe they will win. Saying it out load is a different matter. It will be a blowout, but temple won't be celebrating.
That's a given man. They should believe and after the 4 and 8 season of course they are confident. The statements or degree of the statements were disrespectful. I didn't realize the Irish were 18 pt favorites, that seems high to me. I couldn't predict a blowout for my ND because imo I don't know what we have.

That's a given man. They should believe and after the 4 and 8 season of course they are confident. The statements or degree of the statements were disrespectful. I didn't realize the Irish were 18 pt favorites, that seems high to me. I couldn't predict a blowout for my ND because imo I don't know what we have.

Yes that is why I wrote,"saying it out load is a different matter.."

ND will win big. However, Georgia has real talent so hopefully there will be minimal celebration and 100 % focus on the team coming in from the SEC. Controlling Georgia's ground game should be the focus not Temples 2 star players mouths. Temple and Georgia are not equals.

A lot of people on this board are not giving Temple any chance in this game. I'm as big an ND fan as the next person but I don't agree with a lot of you. I hope I'm wrong and I see a different kind of ND team that shows up and dominates the games they should. We will see. Sticking with my prediction of 31-23 ND. They score late to pull ahead by 8 and seal the win with a couple sacks on Temples last drive. Go Irish!!!

Thats why they play the game. I am yawning over this one. Biggest challenge for ND is learning curve for new players and coaches.

Thats why they play the game. I am yawning over this one. Biggest challenge for ND is learning curve for new players and coaches.

Yawning? Not me. I'm still a bit nervous after the effects of last year. Will be VERY very disappointed if we start out 0-1.

Hey IrishHerb. I am one of the biggest Kelly critics on here. But history shows we win big at home in our first game. I predict:
ND 51 Temple 6.

Put it up on the locker room board with the loudmouths numbers. Then quietly go out on Saturday and take care of business. Go Irish.

Say nothing and kick Temple's ass!

Nah -- keep the mouths shut and simply kick ass on the field -- would love to see ND put this away by the end of the 3rd, and let the starters rest a bit and get younger kids in for some game experience. Cannot ever hurt.

Then 100% focus on Georgia.

Reactions: IrishDave1
Say nothing and kick Temple's ass!

Nah -- keep the mouths shut and simply kick ass on the field -- would love to see ND put this away by the end of the 3rd, and let the starters rest a bit and get younger kids in for some game experience. Cannot ever hurt.

Then 100% focus on Georgia.

Reactions: hoopsstar12
This team has to win comfortably to have a good shot vs Georgia. This team needs confidence to build from a real game! If it's a close game, doubt will creep back in. They still might not beat Georgia if they whip Temple, but they'll be much more prepared to win mentally.

If the changes have worked, and this team is as mentally tough as the coach claims, this should be over by the 3rd quarter and it's back up city. If we are not mentally sharp, start slow, and leave temple in the game it will be tough to build momentum with the doubt from last season.

Temple did lose some very good players from last years team

ND will win big. However, Georgia has real talent so hopefully there will be minimal celebration and 100 % focus on the team coming in from the SEC. Controlling Georgia's ground game should be the focus not Temples 2 star players mouths. Temple and Georgia are not equals.

When our 2-star players turn into Tyler Matakevich who beats out 5-star Jaylon Smith for the Bednarik award I think I'm cool with it.

Haason Reddick was a walk on at lowly Temple and we turned him into a top 15 draft pick. Next.

When our 2-star players turn into Tyler Matakevich who beats out 5-star Jaylon Smith for the Bednarik award I think I'm cool with it.

Haason Reddick was a walk on at lowly Temple and we turned him into a top 15 draft pick. Next.

I think this is what passes for smack from Temple fans.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Or I was just addressing the false assumption that our whole roster is made up of 2* recruits. I guess this is what passes for reading comprehension from Notre Dame fans.

It was hard to tell what you are addressing. Given a choice between Jaylon Smith and Tyler Matakevich, I would take Smith 100 times out of 100. Thanks for your input, though.

Who won all the other awards? Jaylon. Who won both the games? Jaylon. Who was going to be a top 5 pick if not for knee injury? Jaylon. Now that he is healthy again, who will be all pro next? Jaylon.
And the best part is that every analyst has made it clear that BVG did the worst job they have ever seen with Jaylon. He blitzed less than 10 times a season. And was used as an eraser, with no assignment, to clean up messes. He was wasted at ND under BVG, had what many thought were a career-ending injury, & still is already better than the ginger.

Have to love trash talk from a team who in their "glory years" & ND's "down years" can't win? 0-2. And got kicked out of the Big East, lost their best coach to a dumpster fire Baylor, & plays home games in front of 5K people.

And they think Walker is a NFL QB when players on the Colts are on video laughing at him.

And they are more worried about keeping it close for moral victories. But yet their players predict a blowout win. But will soon be 0-3.

That is a quick 2 minute summary of Temple.

Reactions: irishsportsfan
Who won all the other awards? Jaylon. Who won both the games? Jaylon. Who was going to be a top 5 pick if not for knee injury? Jaylon. Now that he is healthy again, who will be all pro next? Jaylon.
And the best part is that every analyst has made it clear that BVG did the worst job they have ever seen with Jaylon. He blitzed less than 10 times a season. And was used as an eraser, with no assignment, to clean up messes. He was wasted at ND under BVG, had what many thought were a career-ending injury, & still is already better than the ginger.

Have to love trash talk from a team who in their "glory years" & ND's "down years" can't win? 0-2. And got kicked out of the Big East, lost their best coach to a dumpster fire Baylor, & plays home games in front of 5K people.

And they think Walker is a NFL QB when players on the Colts are on video laughing at him.

And they are more worried about keeping it close for moral victories. But yet their players predict a blowout win. But will soon be 0-3.

That is a quick 2 minute summary of Temple.

Pretty good summary, I'd say.

Temple has been a very good team over the past few years.
And their coach has moved on because of that. They will return to where they've been the last 2-3 decades - bottom feeders.

Unless there are huge coaching blunders, the Irish are going to roll the Owls without too much effort. They should be able to impose their will on them by the third quarter. Temple is simply out-manned in this one.

As I said, barring unprecedented events, the Irish win by 3-4 touchdowns.

With the pressure that is on Kelly, he would have to resign immediately after the game should we lose. And if we did lose - I would agree with that. All moot points as the Irish will beat Temple into submission quite easily.

Pretty sure the guys running their mouth weren't named Matakevich or Reddick.

Or I was just addressing the false assumption that our whole roster is made up of 2* recruits. I guess this is what passes for reading comprehension from Notre Dame fans.

What's reading comprehension for The Temple Bill Cosby's?

"Here is a waiver for letting me assault you. If you agree, just stay passed out."

And their coach has moved on because of that. They will return to where they've been the last 2-3 decades - bottom feeders.

Unless there are huge coaching blunders, the Irish are going to roll the Owls without too much effort. They should be able to impose their will on them by the third quarter. Temple is simply out-manned in this one.

As I said, barring unprecedented events, the Irish win by 3-4 touchdowns.

With the pressure that is on Kelly, he would have to resign immediately after the game should we lose. And if we did lose - I would agree with that. All moot points as the Irish will beat Temple into submission quite easily.

I want the Irish to roll past the owls. However, For whatever reason temple went through another coach before the last one and they were very competitive then. So being a decent team has been part of their DNA . I want you to be right

If Temple is smart they will play an 8 man front and force new ND qb to throw. That might keep the game close. If ND cant put pressure on Owls qb like last year it could be a long day for the Irish.

Being from the Philly area I do have respect for Temple and what they are able to accomplish year over year without getting the 4 and 5 stars. No doubt they do develop players that are maybe overlooked. But when some of those unproven guys go on the road against a talented team and talk smack -thats ridiculous. I guess when you hang out in North Philly you arent afraid of anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT