ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse

Syracuse is located in Upstate NY but they are a Dome Team. So going outside to deal with the elements will be more of a challege to Syracuse than ND.

ND D scheme is different than 2012 but the philosophy is the same. Dont give up the explosive plays, get pressure without blitzing, and hold teams to FGs in the Red Zone

This differs from Alabama or Clemson who fight you for every inch. ND will give up short completions and 1st downs.

If ND can tackle well in space, avoid any catastrophic mistakes in the kicking game (big if) and protect the football. ND is at least 2 TDs better than this team.

I watched Dino's presser. Impressive. Says the right things in the right way. His team will not be intimidated because their HC has the aura about him. Says ND has no holes. He's being generous. This will be fun. Wish it was at home though. BK said he has made peace with it. Nice going Jack.

Reactions: Kelso86
On a board filled with people who know nothing about football, you actually stand out from the pack. Those might be the two stupidest posts i have ever read.

And believe me i have read alot of drivel from alot of posters. Congratulations!
Kelly is the worst coach in America. It’s his fault Book was injured. He could’ve yanked him for that play and had BW take that hit. Also, blame Kelly for Drue injury too. If he has his ankle taped like all safeties that are about to experience an injury he’d be 100%. The reason for the close game with Ball State is on BK. Poor planning for that game. Worst MAC team. This moron coach should get fired at the end of the season. I can’t take it anymore.

Kelly is the worst coach in America. It’s his fault Book was injured. He could’ve yanked him for that play and had BW take that hit. Also, blame Kelly for Drue injury too. If he has his ankle taped like all safeties that are about to experience an injury he’d be 100%. The reason for the close game with Ball State is on BK. Poor planning for that game. Worst MAC team. This moron coach should get fired at the end of the season. I can’t take it anymore.
Please say this is a joke. No one can be this obtuse intentionally.

I watched Dino's presser. Impressive. Says the right things in the right way. His team will not be intimidated because their HC has the aura about him. Says ND has no holes. He's being generous. This will be fun. Wish it was at home though. BK said he has made peace with it. Nice going Jack.
Babers is great. would be a perfect fit for ND when Kelly leaves if not for his age.

i thought Jack explained the decision quite well in the SBT.

Players get better by playing. Maybe it does not make sense in a 40-0 game and last two minutes. If there is still competition you want those players going in and firing on all cylinders. Even in the NFL the best players will not come out until the last drive or so. NO was up 35 to 7 on the Bengals at half and the starters kept on playing.

Orange are a good team. They have an identity on offense and will run 80 plays or more. ND needs to control the ball, get the running game going early and just control the ball. Cut that 80 plays to about 50. If ND can duplicate that all run drive like last night that be a great sign for us.

This is the second late season game I've been concerned about. I want to see us get up and hog the ball and milk the clock. I fear a shootout.

ND will play it’s best game of the season this weekend.
This game will not be as close as the final score of 73-0.

Reactions: sluggo69
This is the second late season game I've been concerned about. I want to see us get up and hog the ball and milk the clock. I fear a shootout.
after watching NDs defense all year why would you fear a shootout ?

Yep, ND should be able to control their run game, get them into the right down and distance, and put cuse in tough situations. They will make some plays, but it shouldn't be easy sledding for them. On the flip side, ND should be able to run the ball and play action off that without letting their DEs constantly rush up field.

Reactions: echowaker

How did I miss this gem? This post is in a category all its own. If there were a Hall of Fame for idiotic posts, this would be in it.

Probably the same way you missed post #50 where he said it was a joke and was making fun of the other poster.

Have you appointed yourself the board sheriff? Did you give yourself the responsibility of pointing out what posts others may have missed? You are one weird dude.

Reactions: echowaker

I've seen ND's defense struggle to get off the field for long stretches at times this year against teams that weren't that good.

ADVERTISEMENT