ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
SU will be laying for us. Nothing is free. SU offense is similar w Navy. PIA to defend. Its all about scheme and execution. Our D is banged up. Gonna be a tough game. They have extra day of rest. Wimbush is unpredictable.​

SU will be laying for us. Nothing is free. SU offense is similar w Navy. PIA to defend. Its all about scheme and execution. Our D is banged up. Gonna be a tough game. They have extra day of rest. Wimbush is unpredictable.​
I posted about this a couple of days ago. Most here think it's going to be a cakewalk. I watched them play toe to toe with Clemson on the road. They're a good team, and I've seen us struggle against lesser teams.

Reactions: LH24ND

Huh?

How is our D banged up?
And Book will be starting.

Reactions: FriedmanIP
Drue and Julian Love are banged up. After the game Kelly made it sound like Wimbush would continue to play going forward.

Drue and Julian Love are banged up. After the game Kelly made it sound like Wimbush would continue to play going forward.

You realize he was joking & picking on the media, right?
Saying “let’s have a QB controversy so you guys have something to write about this week.”
Today he said Book will practice & start.

Love was cleared to play but the coaches didn’t put him back in because of the score.

Tranquil played after coming off & didn’t even get mentioned in the presser during injury updates.

BK just said everyone made it out of the game healthy.

I posted about this a couple of days ago. Most here think it's going to be a cakewalk. I watched them play toe to toe with Clemson on the road. They're a good team, and I've seen us struggle against lesser teams.

This one really concerns me the way they throw the ball.

it'll be a tough game but if our irish win then it'll be an udefeated season for them because USC is a train wreck right as they were god awful in the second half against the bears last night in a 15-14 loss and now they are 5-5 on the year

Reactions: SIhoosier26
it'll be a tough game but if our irish win then it'll be an udefeated season for them because USC is a train wreck right as they were god awful in the second half against the bears last night in a 15-14 loss and now they are 5-5 on the year
That's exactly what I was thinking, USC looks like trash. Williams might run for 300 yards.

Reactions: Kraftwerk
Orange are a good team. They have an identity on offense and will run 80 plays or more. ND needs to control the ball, get the running game going early and just control the ball. Cut that 80 plays to about 50. If ND can duplicate that all run drive like last night that be a great sign for us.

Who would have thought, before the season, that of the last 4 games, the 2 toughest ones would be Northwestern and Syracuse? Crazy season. Cuse will be a challenge for our D, no doubt.

As far as Wimbush playing more next game i say was in poor taste if he was joking. Maybe if Kelly & co. designed better plays Brandon wouldn't have to throw into coverage under duress. Maybe not run DW 100 times in a row either and rotate backs especially when game is in hand and SU is on horizon.

As far as Wimbush playing more next game i say was in poor taste if he was joking. Maybe if Kelly & co. designed better plays Brandon wouldn't have to throw into coverage under duress. Maybe not run DW 100 times in a row either and rotate backs especially when game is in hand and SU is on horizon.
Or we can sit him on the bench and play the QB who's proven to be far better in Book. This isn't peewee football where everyone gets a trophy, you play the guys that give you the best chance to win and that's clearly Ian Book.

Reactions: U2fan

Huh?

Wimbush got sacked zero times.
One INT was in a triple slant call & BW misread it. The second was just a horrible read & throw all the way around.
FSU switched from man to zone the 2nd half & BW couldn’t read it.
And since they were in zone dropping safeties into zones ND ran straight down their throat. Which is great design by “Kelly & co.”
And ND did rotate Armstrong & Jones in.

I know you are just looking for things to complain about, but try harder...

And as far as Wimbush, he was defending him.
The media kept asking about Book & Kelly said he likes Wimbush right now, basically telling everybody to give Brandon credit instead of asking about Book.

Reactions: U2fan
Huh?

Wimbush got sacked zero times.
One INT was in a triple slant call & BW misread it. The second was just a horrible read & throw all the way around.
FSU switched from man to zone the 2nd half & BW couldn’t read it.
And since they were in zone dropping safeties into zones ND ran straight down their throat. Which is great design by “Kelly & co.”
And ND did rotate Armstrong & Jones in.

I know you are just looking for things to complain about, but try harder...

And as far as Wimbush, he was defending him.
The media kept asking about Book & Kelly said he likes Wimbush right now, basically telling everybody to give Brandon credit instead of asking about Book.
No sacks and no TFL given up in the FSU game. I wonder when was the last time that happened.

No sacks and no TFL given up in the FSU game. I wonder when was the last time that happened.

Especially since, even though FSU is a dumpster fire, their one elite grouping was their defensive front. They had a top 10 ranked rush defense & ND went for 365 on them.

Thats an amazing stat, unreal how themighty have fallen amd couldnt happen to a more hated team for me.

Especially since, even though FSU is a dumpster fire, their one elite grouping was their defensive front. They had a top 10 ranked rush defense & ND went for 365 on them.
FSU was terrible and worn out. Obvious. They had no run D in 2nd half. We could have run on every single play inluding BW. But Kelly/Long decide to keep the outcome in suspense by letting BW throw. Then they risk injury to Dex by overusing him. Kelly and Long blow. FSU was beaten and turnovers gave Them new life. Syracuse coach way smarter than K and L. I would always roll BW out with threat of run every play or go long ball not risk throws into coverage. Duh. Book could get hurt again. Coaches have To be flexible not big dummies.

And furthermore it was BW interception and goal line stand which injured Drues weak ankle again that would have never happened had we just kept the ball on the ground. Newsflash. Drue is not near 100 percent and worse off after goal line stand! He needs 2 to 3 weeks of rest.

Last edited:
FSU was terrible and worn out. Obvious. They had no run D in 2nd half. We could have run on every single play inluding BW. But Kelly/Long decide to keep the outcome in suspense by letting BW throw. Then they risk injury to Dex by overusing him. Kelly and Long blow. FSU was beaten and turnovers gave Them new life. Syracuse coach way smarter than K and L. I would always roll BW out with threat of run every play or go long ball not risk throws into coverage. Duh. Book could get hurt again. Coaches have To be flexible not big dummies.

Brian Kelly & Chip Long blow?

LOL

They are finalist for coach of the year (Kelly has won twice) & assistant coach of the year.

You really need to read the breakdown of the game by the analysts instead of playing Madden.

You make so many false points in the past two posts I’m not even going to waste time on it.

tenor.gif

Is the FSU media trying to spin the successful Irish rushing game as FSU players quitting? Eric discussed that this afternoon on his radio show. Eric said by doing that, they are taking away from the ND players and what they achieved.

Wow, do you even follow ND football? What a dumb post!

Is the FSU media trying to spin the successful Irish rushing game as FSU players quitting? Eric discussed that this afternoon on his radio show. Eric said by doing that, they are taking away from the ND players and what they achieved.

I don’t know?

But from a schematic viewpoint they changed their Defensive strategy in the 2nd half to zone coverage with the LBs & Safties dropping into coverage. So ND ran right at their DL (which is their strength with NFL talent) between the tackles & FSU couldn’t stop it.
Its not ND’s problem either way. If FSU quit, it was because they were getting manhandled. So either way they got ran over.

Wow, calling you dumb is actually an insult to dumb people!

FSU has a very good run defense. Their two ends are argubily the best in the country and their DLine is all better than ND. They only allowed three RB's all season have over 5 yard/carry all season and ND had four in ONE NIGHT!. Dex did not play the first four games of the year, he's averaged about 17 carries per game. He's fine and his legs are fresh! So please do yourself a favor and just be quite.

I don’t know?

But from a schematic viewpoint they changed their Defensive strategy in the 2nd half to zone coverage with the LBs & Safties dropping into coverage. So ND ran right at their DL (which is their strength with NFL talent) between the tackles & FSU couldn’t stop it.
Its not ND’s problem either way. If FSU quit, it was because they were getting manhandled. So either way they got ran over.
FSU did not look like they quit. I think they played hard all game. We were just much better.

FSU did not look like they quit. I think they played hard all game. We were just much better.

Yeah, that is what the ND analyst said too.
We just ran them over & they couldn’t stop it. We ran 12 straight run plays starting at our own 3 yard line & went 97 yards for a TD.

And while we are on the subject of Senior Day, isn't there a Senior QB, deep down on the depth chart, that could have taken the final couple of snaps? Maybe at the RB position also.

My God your a dumbass also.

And while we are on the subject of Senior Day, isn't there a Senior QB, deep down on the depth chart, that could have taken the final couple of snaps? Maybe at the RB position also.

No.
According to the depth chart of who dressed for the game, no Seniors at those positions other than BW & Dex.

QB: Wimbush, Jurkovec, Davis
RB: Williams, Armstrong, Jones, Davis, Smith, Flemeister.

You have to remember you can’t dress 125 kids anymore at home games.

No.
According to the depth chart of who dressed for the game, no Seniors at those positions other than BW & Dex.

QB: Wimbush, Jurkovec, Davis
RB: Williams, Armstrong, Jones, Davis, Smith, Flemeister.

You have to remember you can’t dress 125 kids anymore at home games.
Very good. Thanks.

I am not dumb. A lot of you posters live in the moment. FSU and Louisville both have talent but are way off their game this year. You will see the difference this week when we play a well coached squad. Kelly and Long are great recruiters period.

Okay... Back to Syracuse. I know I'm probably in the minority here. But I'm just not that impressed with Syracuse. Their best win is against NC State. Yes, I know they played Clemson tough and I expect them to play tough against ND. However, ND defense has been doing it's job all year where it matters most: points scored. I fully expect ND to be able to hold Syracuse under 25 points and I don't see any reason why ND offense can't score at least 35, especially with their recent performance against FSU.

Reactions: echowaker

And furthermore it was BW interception and goal line stand which injured Drues weak ankle again that would have never happened had we just kept the ball on the ground. Newsflash. Drue is not near 100 percent and worse off after goal line stand! He needs 2 to 3 weeks of rest.

On a board filled with people who know nothing about football, you actually stand out from the pack. Those might be the two stupidest posts i have ever read.

And believe me i have read alot of drivel from alot of posters. Congratulations!

Okay... Back to Syracuse. I know I'm probably in the minority here. But I'm just not that impressed with Syracuse. Their best win is against NC State. Yes, I know they played Clemson tough and I expect them to play tough against ND. However, ND defense has been doing it's job all year where it matters most: points scored. I fully expect ND to be able to hold Syracuse under 25 points and I don't see any reason why ND offense can't score at least 35, especially with their recent performance against FSU.
agreed. if cuse scores three tds on offense i'll be surprised. they are averaging 44 pts a game. they'll be fortunate to get half that on saturday. ND should have no problem scoring on them.

ADVERTISEMENT