ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Swarbrick!!

IrishBeer

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 6, 2021
IMO this falls squarely on him. He will escape the blame and pin it on Freeman, but he deserves 100% of the flack. He could have hired a proven coach and chose to take a major gamble that even the worst gambler would have second guessed. Like Freeman is going to say no? Jack will retire and be forgotten about, but 5-10 years from now when we are still trying to dig our heads out of the sand from this fiasco, it will be all his fault.

look, your OC/QB coach says the QB room is capable of a playoff run! He communicates this to the H.C. The H.C. takes that as gospel. Trying to put that on the AD is a reach! Squarely on the OC and the H.C.

Hiring the players ‘fav’; that is another question but itis questionable in hindsight. Scary part is the notion this could be ND’s Helton!

IMO this falls squarely on him. He will escape the blame and pin it on Freeman, but he deserves 100% of the flack. He could have hired a proven coach and chose to take a major gamble that even the worst gambler would have second guessed. Like Freeman is going to say no? Jack will retire and be forgotten about, but 5-10 years from now when we are still trying to dig our heads out of the sand from this fiasco, it will be all his fault.
What coach could he have hired given the timing of Kelly jumping ship ?

Dumb. Who could he have hired ? You think he made the decision solely on his own ? Educate yourself so you can understand how things actually work at this level.

Dumb. Who could he have hired ? You think he made the decision solely on his own ? Educate yourself so you can understand how things actually work at this level.
Who could he have hired? The United States has 400 million people dummy. 1/3 of them would’ve beaten Marshall. Don’t act like you’re some kind of insider that knows things. It’s common sense that we could’ve hired someone else. there were at least 1000 candidates with more experience.

Who could he have hired? The United States has 400 million people dummy. 1/3 of them would’ve beaten Marshall. Don’t act like you’re some kind of insider that knows things. It’s common sense that we could’ve hired someone else.
well, for other reasons, jmo, MF was a de facto hire.

I would put my money on >50% of Indiana’s high school coaches winning that game with Notre Dame‘s massive talent advantage.

Reactions: Airzee23
Who could he have hired? The United States has 400 million people dummy. 1/3 of them would’ve beaten Marshall. Don’t act like you’re some kind of insider that knows things. It’s common sense that we could’ve hired someone else. there were at least 1000 candidates with more experience.

You've got some serious self awareness issues calling anyone else dumb after that post.

look, your OC/QB coach says the QB room is capable of a playoff run! He communicates this to the H.C. The H.C. takes that as gospel. Trying to put that on the AD is a reach! Squarely on the OC and the H.C.
the AD retained the OC without any consult other than players. Didn't even wait for a new HC to evaluate. Jack doesn't know football like he thinks clearly.

You are so correct. Jack is a great administrator, but knows nothing about coaching. He panicked and cost us big time. At the university of notre dame, the ad makes a quick hire on someone with zero head coaching experience. He owes the university and my a hugh apology on his way out the door

Reactions: eshupe and Airzee23
As usual no educated answer to a simple question. I know for a fact inquiries were made to other coaches prior to the Freeman hire. The University hierarchy chose Freeman. We shall see what happens going forward.

Anyone that actually believes Jack made the hire solely on his own doesn't have the first clue on how ND operates.
Of course on freeman, Rees and balis he may have. There isn’t football wizards on his board of decision makers. He consults with people he and nd trust, clearly need better.

look, the AD hired/retained the OC/QB coach before naming the HC. The AD now owns responsibility for the OC hire.

As usual no educated answer to a simple question. I know for a fact inquiries were made to other coaches prior to the Freeman hire. The University hierarchy chose Freeman. We shall see what happens going forward.

We already see. Take off your denial cap.

Nope. He and the kids picked and the social justice warriors.

The social justice warriors selected Tommy Rees? Tell us more, Q!

321b59612b7a7e036acbbd73095171a6

Matt Campbell would’ve never turned the gig down. What he’s done at a dumpster football school is remarkable. We all know why you’re spinning. You act tough but you’re a fraud.

Reactions: Kelso86
“ Same as it has been for 200+ years: fine.”

Either a dumbass or a partisan hack that will say anything to deflect from the disaster that the border is. Probably both.

Either a dumbass or a partisan hack that will say anything to deflect from the disaster that the border is. Probably both.
Joe is using illegals to guard the border in exchange for voting rights.

Really, I don't care. We have always had illegal people coming into the country. It is only old people who listen to FOX propaganda who think it is some kind of new "crisis".

The US economy is actually facing a shortage of working age people in the coming decades as more and more Boomers retire. It is going to be necessary to allow more immigration.

This is in part my fault for responding to the idiots who think ND's football problems are due to "the left". In a nutshell A) you have questionable talent on offense. B) a questionable OC who wasn't selected by your head coach. And C) you just lost your starting QB and the backup doesn't seem ready. Those are your problems. Deal with them.

Really, I don't care. We have always had illegal people coming into the country. It is only old people who listen to FOX propaganda who think it is some kind of new "crisis".

The US economy is actually facing a shortage of working age people in the coming decades as more and more Boomers retire. It is going to be necessary to allow more immigration.

This is in part my fault for responding to the idiots who think ND's football problems are due to "the left". In a nutshell A) you have questionable talent on offense. B) a questionable OC who wasn't selected by your head coach. And C) you just lost your starting QB and the backup doesn't seem ready. Those are your problems. Deal with them.
IB
don’tcast your pearls before swine, they only trample them under and render them useless. It sounds like you might be one who is paying attention. The rest are in the ‘sheeple’ catagory. For now! When they realize things, it will be to late for them.

You are so correct. Jack is a great administrator, but knows nothing about coaching. He panicked and cost us big time. At the university of notre dame, the ad makes a quick hire on someone with zero head coaching experience. He owes the university and my a hugh apology on his way out the door
OK. Thanks.

random stranger ? redundant? why would anyone still be on FB?

"At the university of notre dame, the ad makes a quick hire on someone with zero head coaching experience"

As opposed to another AD who made a quick decision to hire a coach with no HC Experience (Wadsworth hiring Davie), or, an AD who butchered a search for a new HC and hiring a guy with no HC experience (AD White hiring Weis), or an AD who thought he could put anyone in as the HC at ND and they would do well (forget who the AD was that hired Faust).
Jack has done many good things and there is no doubt he did his due diligence and factored in many things that no one on this board has any clue of.

"At the university of notre dame, the ad makes a quick hire on someone with zero head coaching experience"

As opposed to another AD who made a quick decision to hire a coach with no HC Experience (Wadsworth hiring Davie), or, an AD who butchered a search for a new HC and hiring a guy with no HC experience (AD White hiring Weis), or an AD who thought he could put anyone in as the HC at ND and they would do well (forget who the AD was that hired Faust).
Jack has done many good things and there is no doubt he did his due diligence and factored in many things that no one on this board has any clue of.
Such as?

The social justice warriors selected Tommy Rees? Tell us more, Q!

321b59612b7a7e036acbbd73095171a6
First off smart ass. Social Justice Warriors exist. In large numbers. And us non Q followers who have emotional intelligence can see this. You look like an idiot throwing this on here. If you don't think certain boxes being checked helped this hire you're nuts. That being said, IMO Freeman is a qualified coach who happens to check off boxes. And unfortunately since the media and society make everything about race or gender or sex preference with their "first ________ to do this" Second ____________ and _____________ to do that." Or as quoted by Dimwit the foil of Corn Pop. "I'm going to nominate an African American Woman as my VP or my SCJ" Then it opens up criticism from smaller minded folks to question validity when there's failure. The difference? Freeman has gone 0-3. Not 0-12. So it's way premature to criticize his ability. And I'd rather use that lens than his DNA. Am I a Q guy too?

Last edited:

Where do you happen to live? BTW theyve been using the working age arguments for decades. -

ADVERTISEMENT